Tony Ferguson training "smart"

He didn't injure himself training, so I won't go in on him. But FFS can he chill with the sunglasses indoors. And I don't care if they're prescription lenses.
You do not get such an injury from simply tripping over a cord.

This.

If some people don't know by now, apparent after tripping over the cord, Tony went home and trained. He trained another full day and then woke up and he said that his knee "locked up on him". (per MMA hour)

But...blamed it on "media obligations" to take the blame off himself.

<OKC16>

Well, he's a helluvalot stronger than he looks, that's for sure.

LOL yeah. And don't give me that light insensitivity crap, I have a range of conditions with my high myopic eyes including posterior vitreous detachments almost leading to retina tears and I don't need to wear dark tinted glasses indoor. One of Michael Bisping's eye got ViTRTored and he doesn't need them.

Funny thing was in his instagram post at the doctors office he was wearing normal glasses.
I'm guessing he's afraid to get nerdbashed by Colby.

My husband has issues with light sensitivity. During one stretch of time it got so bad he had to wear shades just to watch movies in a theater. Sharp contrasts in lighting conditions affected him badly...and I suppose being on set with bright camera lights would qualify as that...

It does look retarded when you try to imagine it, but if your foot is stuck and you are falling in a way where you are not expecting it to be stuck...
He probably tried to ninjaroll out of the fall with his foot tangled up.
Knee ligaments are not very forgiving to sudden twisting jerks. That's why leglocks (and exp heelhooks) are not allowed in BJJ till you are levels up from spazz.
I learned this the hard way through grappling with a spazz.

Last edited:
I know Tony does not uses a team like most mma fighters does but, he should have someone who can train him and guide him so he stop doing crazy shit as training. perhaps his ligaments were wear for doing too many weird stuff.

If it wasnt his knee it coulda been his back or something else. Hes fucking wild and trains that way. Like his approach to fighting, wild, and always going hard. Awkward to watch.

Wouldnt it have been better if he injured it wrestling, like what he shouldve been doing a lot of, instead being a wooden dummy master?

Never heard of Tank getting injured training... and he trained at the bar. :eek:

Back