Tony Ferguson just tweeted that he is "Cleared" after 4 months of recovery

Awesome, but I don't think he'll be booked to fight till spring next year. At least, I think that would be the smart thing to do.
So he will fight tommorow

Imo that is a good reason to root for Khabib vs Conor.

Because Khabib might actually fight Ferg. I don't see Conor defending titles all of a sudden(unless against GSP).

So if that BS starts all over again Ferg and the other contenders might lose another 1-2 years before they can even fight for a title. And it might again only be an interim.

So I am hoping Khabib ends this circus and becomes a champ that defends.

Edit: Also keeping both fingers crossed that Ferg does not get injured again. I have serious doubts about that knee.
<FookIsThatGuy>
I dunneed to fight this buum. Whats he goona trip over to get out of his fight with me?? Also please note that Artem has filed for a restraining order and your not to come 100 yrds of artem

Huh, 4 months is way too soon even with the best medical care and rehabilitation process. One good kick to the knee that hasn't full healed and boom, off he goes again.

Khabib lucked out not fighting Tony. Hope Tony is ready Oct 6 in case Khabib doesn't get off the bus again.

I guess it wasn't that big of an injury if he's back after 4 months. Still kinda sucks how they stripped him. The UFC has no respect for people who had to work hard to get a title shot. I mean after all he isn't the first guy to get injured for doing stupid shit.

He should call Colby up. Maybe they can wear those unofficial belts together :(

Colby is another guy who is being stripped unfairly.
Stripped? His belt is right there.

I made a thread about displaying belts months ago.
I wondered why fighters dont bring their belts to the octagon like they used to, and in TONY'S case, i say, hold that fucker high on the way to whatever next fight he has coming up. Reminding everyone he has a belt and letting anyone new know he has a belt.

If the name of the game is putting shit on blast, then who better to do it than tony and when is a better time..

The guy who should be the rightful champ coming back to get that belt!

Yeah I'm sure his mexican doctor "cleared him" <Baelish01>

The crazy thing is that the UFC is so desperate for fights right now that they will probably book him without their doctora taking a look at him first.

There's different levels of "cleared"

Is he cleared to train? or is he full on cleared to take a fight?

Great timing.... if Khabib drops out then Tony's in.

Gonna be strange if Conor drops out for some reason (though he never does) Cause I just saw the seating prices... & the lowest one I saw was $1,500... & it's $5,000 to get on the floor cage side. Nobody's paying that for Khabib vs. Ferg.

I guess it wasn't that big of an injury if he's back after 4 months. Still kinda sucks how they stripped him. The UFC has no respect for people who had to work hard to get a title shot. I mean after all he isn't the first guy to get injured for doing stupid shit.

He should call Colby up. Maybe they can wear those unofficial belts together :(

Colby is another guy who is being stripped unfairly.
Not that big?

The fact that he's ready to fight only 4 months after that is nothing short of amazing.

great news !!!
i hope he ll next in line for the lw belt

Must suck to be Tony. He should have been the one to fight Conor and get that big payday.

Not that big?

The fact that he's ready to fight only 4 months after that is nothing short of amazing.

I don't think he's ready to fight. He's probably only been cleared for training or even just light training.

I don't think he's ready to fight. He's probably only been cleared for training or even just light training.
Well, his instagram post pretty much indicates that he's been cleared to fight.

He has been training for weeks already.

TFerg has a ton of fun fights at LW, but I kinda hope they don't book him vs Khabib because that fight is fucking cursed

Even if they do set foot in the cage, the roof would collapse during the introductions or something because that fight is not going to actually happen

put him on the 229 card for when khabib wimps out

Def possible.. Khabib not only pulls out, but I think he is so prideful he will not risk a loss to Conor if he is less than 100%..

Back