Tonight, Artem proved he doesn't belong in the UFC

he is 13-13. if he had that record in boxing, he would be in a 4 round fight on the undercard of battle in the ballroom.

main eventing in the ufc? get real. 13-13? the guy is the definition of a bum.

There are plenty of guys in the UFC that are outside the top 20. Jouban is an example.

Fair play to Artem for making the very best of the minimal talent he has :cool:

haters-56a6a44c5f9b58b7d0e41acd.jpg

Gifted a main event due to his servitude to his lord and saviour, Conor McGregor. Cub clearly underestimated him and gave him some sympathy to take the fight the distance. At no point was Cub in real danger. A rematch would probably result in a first round finish therefore Artem should be cut or sent back to the prelims. Artem seems like a Bellator kind of guy.

I think me, you and anyone that isn't trolling knows the exact reason why he's in the UFC, let alone being a main event fighter...

he is 13-13. if he had that record in boxing, he would be in a 4 round fight on the undercard of battle in the ballroom.

main eventing in the ufc? get real. 13-13? the guy is the definition of a bum.
Couture is 19-11. Records don't matter in MMA.

Lobov can certainly take a beating, and though he doesn't deserve to be in the UFC, he earned a lot of respect tonight. He'll stick around based on that.
Not everybuddy in the ufc is great.... doesn't deserve to be based on what. A big, strong well rounder fighter with a great chin and very good power? Definently deserves to be in ufc and would be middle of the pack.

Couture is 19-11. Records don't matter in MMA.

couture at least fought guys people have heard of. lobov fought cab drivers and dish washers.

but yeah i hear you, mma is a show not a sport. guys get promoted based on shit besides winning fights.

I'm amazed how many are just plain okay with Lobov getting to leapfrog into a main event he doesn't belong in.

You've unwittingly proven one of two things by doing so: Either the UFC isn't the gold-standard of MMA (wag the dog logic) or you are okay with the UFC bending its reality and lying to you through blatant propaganda about what its legitimacy.

There are lenty of tough guys outside the UFC that could get beat up by Cub Swanson. ffs Mackens Semerzier did it. Lobov was underwhelming, shouldn't have been there, and is now 2-3 with 2 decision wins. The only reason he is still around and the only reason his "stock went up" by not being finished by a half-assing Swanson.... is because he's in McGregor's camp.
The subject wasn't him being in a main event, it was him belonging in the UFC. Pay closer attention, please.

Not everybuddy in the ufc is great.... doesn't deserve to be based on what. A big, strong well rounder fighter with a great chin and very good power? Definently deserves to be in ufc and would be middle of the pack.
Based on his record. Very rare that someone with a .500 record is allowed into the UFC, and to even stay there after he lost his first two, is very unusual.

Also, his power is overrated. Stopped a couple of guys on TUF, but only has 4 (T)KOs in over 25 fights.

Artem called Cub a pussy and said he had no balls, also said he was trained for 20 rounds, and he will break Cubs jaw, and doesn't consider a broken hand as an injury, and then he does almost the same thing for 25 min, got tired by the third, didn't get near a ko, so it was clear he is not what he thinks he is. I like Artem,but he is trying to clone Conor, but just can't back up the talk. Artem said, all the feathers are bums,and he is going to clear up for Conos' return. Come on people, keep it real. The guy was outclassed, and his ko punch is not so good.

Yeah, but if you ignore all the stupid shit he said (which is a show), he went in there and put on a fight with a superior fighter. I think that's more important.

I knew before the fight that stylistically Artem would do ok.

Hes a big strong guy, and he stays on the back foot to counter, which hes good at. Once he gassed, say mid 2nd rd, he was fucked, because he didnt have the speed to counter any of Cubs leads. But generally, a guy countering will take a punch better, since he sees it coming.

Cub is a MUCH better fighter, and i gave him rds 2-5. But stylistically it was gonna be tough, cuz Artem doesnt lead too much.

This exactly. He was doing well until he gased.

I was thinking that before this fight but lasting 5 and taking all that damage, he proved me wrong

Gifted a main event due to his servitude to his lord and saviour, Conor McGregor. Cub clearly underestimated him and gave him some sympathy to take the fight the distance. At no point was Cub in real danger. A rematch would probably result in a first round finish therefore Artem should be cut or sent back to the prelims. Artem seems like a Bellator kind of guy.

Would you care this much if he wasn't Conor's buddy? I agree with you that his skill set does not warrant main event or even main card status - but there are plenty of unranked guys in the UFC that wouldnt be able to hang in there with a top 5 guy as well as Artem did. He got lit up but he made a fight out of it.

hahahahahahaha look at those fucking excuses, you're extremely upset that artem was a little competitive and didn't get destroyed.

get fucked you obsessed whiny bitter dork.

There will always be a place for fighters like Artem in the UFC. Does his relationship with Conor benefit him? Probably but he's not the first guy with a limited skill set who's found a home based on his toughness.
Solid prelim guy.

Based on his record. Very rare that someone with a .500 record is allowed into the UFC, and to even stay there after he lost his first two, is very unusual.

Also, his power is overrated. Stopped a couple of guys on TUF, but only has 4 (T)KOs in over 25 fights.
Record means nothing without context. Who has a fighter fought/lost to? When did fighter take most of their losses? What gym were they at and how long have they been at an elite one. He always had power, but did he have the coaches to maximize on it?

Record means nothing without context. Who has a fighter fought/lost to? When did fighter take most of their losses? What gym were they at and how long have they been at an elite one. He always had power, but did he have the coaches to maximize on it?
These can be applied to almost any fighter with a bad record. Point is, guys with his records don't get the opportunity to come into the UFC, and he only did because of his relationship with Conor.

He earned my respect tonight.

I dislike Conor, and will always mock Lobov because of his role of lackey in the Conorsphere, general goofiness, etc.. but we have to be honest here: he just hung with Cub for 5 rounds. Regardless of what happens to him from now on, that will always stand as a pretty impressive performance.

Sure, some of that has to do with him being to absorb a ton of punishment without flinching, but that is a huge part of fighting and something to be respected.

The other reason why Cub didn't finish him is quite simply because Lobov is dangerous in boxing range. So even in the championship rounds, he couldn't just stand in front him and pick him apart (as I incorrectly predicted he would). He had to be cautious and stick to quick in-and-out incursions. Again, that is pretty impressive considering that Cub is known for liking shootouts.

What are you talking about? I was one of the biggest naysayers on this fight as I thought Cub would crush. Lobov won that first round and had moments. The guy earned my respect.

Back