Toney against Rampage instead of Couture

imgoinin

Get It In Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
What would have happened if they gave Toney an MMA boxer, like Rampage, instead of a wrestler in Couture? Let's put aside the fact that he was way past his prime. The point is, what if a pro boxer fights an MMA boxer in MMA, where the MMA fighter is well known for not having any kicking or takedown ability?

It seems like the boxer wins, because after all, they are just boxing with smaller gloves.

Boxer still gets ankle picked from across the ring

Someone like Vasy Lomachenko would beat most of the division if the fight happened tomorow. Within 6 months, he would be champ

Rampage had some takedown ability though. lol

Rampage had some takedown ability though. lol
He also has quite the ego, which I think would prevent him from rushing takedown attempts. He loves to stand and bang, and I think he'd get summarily KO'd.

He also has quite the ego, which I think would prevent him from rushing takedown attempts. He loves to stand and bang, and I think he'd get summarily KO'd.

So the question is really: If an MMA fighter fought a boxer in MMA, but ignored 75% of his skill-set and only punched, would the boxer win?

Because the answer seems too obvious.

This is what happens

b7eul1.jpg

So the question is really: If an MMA fighter fought a boxer in MMA, but ignored 75% of his skill-set and only punched, would the boxer win?

Because the answer seems too obvious.
75% of Leonard Garcia's skillset is kicking and takedowns? I disagree, I think it's closer to 1%, if that.

I agree, the answer does seem obvious.

Shit even Kimbo a guy who is not a fucking wrestler made sure to take down Mercer

I still remember when Rampage used to use wrestling, those were the days...
dvj8rt.jpg

vimut3.jpg

dm9q2d.jpg

What would have happened if they gave Toney an MMA boxer, like Rampage, instead of a wrestler in Couture? Let's put aside the fact that he was way past his prime. The point is, what if a pro boxer fights an MMA boxer in MMA, where the MMA fighter is well known for not having any kicking or takedown ability?

It seems like the boxer wins, because after all, they are just boxing with smaller gloves.
Rampage would have easily still taken toney down then proceeded to punch a hole through his face,

Rampage can wrestle if he wants to and there's nothing Toney could've done about it

You also have to consider Toney's age. He was like 42 and Rampage was like 31. I still think Rampage would take him down and TKO him. He's not that stupid to try and meet Toney in his domain.

You also have to consider Toney's age. He was like 42 and Rampage was like 31. I still think Rampage would take him down and TKO him. He's not that stupid to try and meet Toney in his domain.

Do you think Conor would shoot on Floyd? I can't see it happening, ego is a hell of a drug.

Back