Tommy "The Duke" Morrison MMA?

Egészségére!

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
IMG_2190.JPG
In the 90's Tommy Morrison was an absolute beast. He had the most lethal natural left hook I've ever seen. He had a relatively low center of gravity for a HW, and fought in a stance that was perfect for integrating takedwns. He also won several fights that he got knocked down in, proving he had the heart of a warrior.

Of all the boxers that woulda coulda shoulda, I think Morrison could have been even better at MMA than he was at boxing if only he had the opportunity. Thoughts? How would an MMA trained Morrison likely do against Stipe?

He wouldn't have done as well in MMA as Ray Mercer did.

AwBX9E.gif

That's some brutality right there.

I remember him from Rocky V... They fought in the streets.

Rest in peace

Last edited:
Didn't he have an MMA fight when he was rather old ? Pretty sure he won too

Tommy Morrisons story was so depressing, I can't recall a more severe transformation...did not look at all like the same person he once was.

In his prime dude was a GRANITE of a puncher though, very overlooked when people throw p4p puncher rankings around.

He contracted HIV in 1996 and went on to fight 2 more fights. I can't believe that was allowed to happen. AFAIK, those 2 fighters were not infected.

He died of AIDS in 2013.

Remember when Chuck called him out on that tv show? Was the weirdest damn call out ever. Of course Iceman was all messed up, probably had been up partying for 3 or 4 days.

Tommy Morrison in his prime was a bad motherfucker. One of the nastiest left hooks of all time. If a prime Morrison could land on Stipe he would have put him out cold in an instant. Problem would be getting to Stipe who would put him on his ass and have his way with him. Really sucks Tommy Morrison didn't take his career and personal life more seriously. The drugs and hiv denial really was the death of him. There's an audio interview of him on YouTube. He was out of his fucking mind near the end of his life

Back