Tommy Morrisons son what do you guys think ?

Looked better than I was expecting. Didn't throw the donkey kong punches I was prepared for.

He improved 100% in two fights under Roach already .He was fast ,strong and patient against an excellent technical fighter and stood his ground ,was even clipped by a few hard shots and didnt faze him which is slso a good sighn from his first fight that he suffered a flash knock down in by a far weaker puncher .

He clearly is NOT a club fighter level any more ......club level fighters dont possess the the ability to throw punches with such speed and technique in the right angles and thats a fact. Judging him on his 12th fight its safe to say the top HW's should get ready ,within two years time he will be in top 20 .

Seen him train a couple times, moves pretty well for a guy his size, improves in every fight, would like to see someone to take him into the later rounds

...but only started boxing at 24
Im pretty sure he has an amatuer background but still has a long way to go

Seen him train a couple times, moves pretty well for a guy his size, improves in every fight, would like to see someone to take him into the later rounds

...but only started boxing at 24
Im pretty sure he has an amatuer background but still has a long way to go

They were saying on Showtime that he did not have any amateur background.

just saw that fight, didn't look bad but that's not enough for me to judge on, besides, it won't be the skills where that lack of experience will hurt him the most, it'll be the getting into tough fights where it'll hurt him.

He has power

Fight starts at 5:40

just saw that fight, didn't look bad but that's not enough for me to judge on, besides, it won't be the skills where that lack of experience will hurt him the most, it'll be the getting into tough fights where it'll hurt him.
This is why it will be important for his team to find the right balance between getting decent competition, and taking things slow with that competition.

I'm pleasantly surprised for a guy with no ammy background who only started boxing recently. He definitely has good power (right hand, left a bit but not yet to any degree like his father to say the least) so that was inherited. What about the other Morrison son, his brother? They fought on this same card.

Roach said he saw natural power and that's why he was interested in training him? He saw that and dollar $igns in case this prospect does turn into a serious contender and eventual champ.

Roach said he saw natural power and that's why he was interested in training him? He saw that and dollar $igns in case this prospect does turn into a serious contender and eventual champ.

Jesse Reid was training Trey before moving to Vegas, but Trey did not want to go to Vegas so Jesse suggested he go to Freddie Roach

I'm pleasantly surprised for a guy with no ammy background who only started boxing recently. He definitely has good power (right hand, left a bit but not yet to any degree like his father to say the least) so that was inherited. What about the other Morrison son, his brother? They fought on this same card.

How good is his brother ?

Jesse Reid was training Trey before moving to Vegas, but Trey did not want to go to Vegas so Jesse suggested he go to Freddie Roach

Interesting

How good is his brother ?

Not as promising as Trey. Apparently he's 9-0-2 with 8 KO's. His last fight was ruled a draw but I didn't see it. They fought on the same card Friday night. Trey got the 1st round knockout over a better opponent. Trey's 12-0-0 all coming by way of knockout.

His brother -> http://boxrec.com/boxer/699496

I actually suggested he looks into other trainers likde Roach and explained to him why ......wheather thats coincidence after i said that and months later he did is certainly not so far fetched as one specific point i do recall saying to him was how his father did not have the right trainers and he stagnated himself in the long run . Maybe he thought about it ,and Reid did tell him that? Who knows what actually made the Roach connection ,he was probably in the right place ,right time? What i do know hes going to go very far ,bank on that !

Back