Tombstone (1993) vs Wyatt Earp (1994)

Martin "Cobra Kai" Kove as the asshole in the pool hall actually comes to mind before I think of Gene Hackman, Michael Madsen, etc. He was one of the relatively few characters where you knew what he was all about during his time on screen.

Oh yeah, I do remember him now that you mention it. I didn't know he was in it and was like, "Holy shit, John Kreese is up in this bitch!"

Oh yeah Open Range is dope too cant believe I forgot about it

I love the scene before the big shootout where Robert Duvall tells Costner to go talk to his chick and just tell her something, dont walk away in silence give her something to hold on to and then Costner G's the fuck up

"Men are gonna get killed here today, Sue, and I'm gonna kill 'em."

I always chuckle when pulling tombstone from the dvd rack and see the "one of the years ten best" on the cover. People didn't know what they were missing when tombstone came out. Kilmer was awesome but I still think Ike Clanton played his part the best. Goat performance from whoever he is.

I always chuckle when pulling tombstone from the dvd rack and see the "one of the years ten best" on the cover. People didn't know what they were missing when tombstone came out. Kilmer was awesome but I still think Ike Clanton played his part the best. Goat performance from whoever he is.

Stephen Lang. You've probably seen him in tons of other stuff (like Avatar and Manhunter) but didn't even recognize him because he disappeared behind his beard and into this role.

Stephen-Lang-Avatar.jpg

Stephen Lang. You've probably seen him in tons of other stuff (like Avatar and Manhunter) but didn't even recognize him because he disappeared behind his beard and into this role.

Stephen-Lang-Avatar.jpg

No shit. Never realized that was the same dude.

I'm gonna rewatch Tombstone tonight, it's been years since I've seen it.

I wish I could see Wyatt Earp, I never saw that movie. I'm gonna have to try and find it soon.

It's out there. If you can track it down, you should watch then pretty close to each other and let us know how you think they compare.

It's out there. If you can track it down, you should watch then pretty close to each other and let us know how you think they compare.
Will do.

I'm also dying to watch Unforgiven again, that's another one I haven't seen in forever

I still need to see that one. . .

Open Range is a slow burn. Robert Duval is in it too and is spot on. It's a very well made film from top to bottom -that's why I chose the word 'authentic' to describe it. The movie is very realistic and accurate to that time period.

Well worth seeing, even if you're not a big western guy imo

Will do.

I'm also dying to watch Unforgiven again, that's another one I haven't seen in forever

Dude, I probably haven't seen that movie in 10 years. I also need to give that one another watch.

Open Range is a slow burn. Robert Duval is in it too and is spot on. It's a very well made film from top to bottom -that's why I chose the word 'authentic' to describe it. The movie is very realistic and accurate to that time period.

Well worth seeing, even if you're not a big western guy imo

I enjoy a good Western and have heard a lot of good things about it. It's been on my to-watch list for a while now, I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I liked Wyatt Earp. I thought it was a very good movie. Obviously Tombstone is better though.

A Perfect World is perhaps Costner's best performance, but most people haven't even heard of the movie.

A Perfect World is perhaps Costner's best performance, but most people haven't even heard of the movie.

I've seen it. He's good in that too.. But his best performance is as Charlie Waite in Open Range imo. Duval is great in it too.

He also played a decent role in 'Silverado' too way back in his younger years. A very different role for him if you consider what we know of him now.

Back