Tom Cruise just got manlet-shamed

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Tom Cruise Replaced As Jack Reacher For Being Too Short, Author Says

Tom Cruise has finally found a mission he can’t accept: growing a few inches taller.

The actor, who reportedly stands 5 feet 7, has been replaced as the action hero Jack Reacher in an upcoming TV reboot based on the character from Lee Child’s series of crime thriller novels due to his stature.

Cruise played the former Army military police officer in two relatively successful films, “Jack Reacher” and “Jack Reacher: Never Go Back,” over eight years. The first grossed more than $200 million at the worldwide box office, but the second failed to impress critics or audiences.

The star’s height was always a point of contention for some fans. Reacher is described in Child’s novels as well over 6 feet and dominates enemies with his formidable size.

“I really enjoyed working with Cruise,” Child told BBC Radio Manchester’s Mike Sweeney on Wednesday. “He’s a really, really nice guy. We had a lot of fun. But ultimately the readers are right. The size of Reacher is really, really important, and it’s a big component of who he is. The idea is that when Reacher walks into a room, you’re all a little nervous just for that first minute.

“Cruise, for all his talent, didn’t have that physicality,” the writer added.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...short-author-says_us_5beda904e4b03af89267eed9

giphy.gif

#ManletLivesMatter

I guess technically it's Friday in most of the world, and we already got that "daily manlet thread" out of the way.

That hack author should thank Crazy Tom for changing his bum life.

That hack author should thank Crazy Tom for changing his bum life.

Tom did a fantastic role playing an even more beloved literary character despite Lestat being 6 feet tall in the books and Tom had to stand on a board when filming scenes with Brad Pitt.

Lestat633.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure Tom was chomping at the bit to be in the "TV reboot."

?
Cruise is too big for TV unless it's on HBO or something. No way he'd have done it anyway.

"Hey Mr. Cruise, would you like to play Jack Reacher again?"

"No, I'm done with that. Script for Never Go Back wasn't that great."

"Please?"

<Click.>

"We are choosing to let Tom Cruise go as Jack Reacher because he is too short."

Yeah, I'm sure Tom was chomping at the bit to be in the "TV reboot."
thats what i was thinking. no way in hell was he doing tv. i think it was just going for a little click bait. should have read, for the tv reboot, an actor larger than cruise was in the movie will be chosen

Tom's the reason I never watched the movies.
Jack is a 2-3 inches over 6ft and a huge fucker.
IIRC he was also blond with blue eyes.
More Brock Laser than Tom C.

It would be like having Roy Nelson play spiderman.

Yeah, he was a big, intimidating character in the books, the sort of guy most people would think twice about fucking with on sight alone.

Tom would pull some Scientology/Hollywood strings to make sure this TV reboot would flop. That's what an angry manlet would do.

giphy.webp

"Hey Mr. Cruise, would you like to play Jack Reacher again?"

"No, I'm done with that. Script for Never Go Back wasn't that great."

"Please?"

<Click.>

"We are choosing to let Tom Cruise go as Jack Reacher because he is too short."

Haha bang on. I enjoyed the first one.

What a shame he's a manlet compared to the likes of Brad Pitt and DiCaprio

Female Ghostbusters. Black Johnny Storm. Emo Flash. End thread.

What a shame he's a manlet compared to the likes of Brad Pitt and DiCaprio

If he wasn't a manlet he wouldn't have Napoleon-complex that make him very dedicated to what he does, doing most if not all his stunts and what not.

I'd watch roy Nelson as Spider-Man tbh.

Back