Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Mad respect to Clancy for still making all these games even after suffering death.

I dont watch Joes reviews to actually make a buy decision mainly because of spoilers.

If I do watch them, its purely for entertainment purposes, and usually of games I dont intend to / cant play.

That's a good way to use them. His reviews usually come out weeks or more after the game releases. So I find his reviews are a good source if you get a game long after it releases in a sale or something since more detail then a five minute video probably done before release and any patches. And he isn't afraid to call out performance issues.

I dont watch Joes reviews to actually make a buy decision mainly because of spoilers.

If I do watch them, its purely for entertainment purposes, and usually of games I dont intend to / cant play.

Yeah they are purely entertainment. If I know I want to buy a game I'm going to get it. The umbrella corps review had me rolling.

Remember when Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six were actually tactical shooters? It's amazing what they've done to those franchises.
The first Ghost Recon was awesome. They just stuck you on a huge map with an objective and you had to be super strategic and careful to pull it off. After that, they just bastardized the whole game and turned it into a linear FPS with spawn points for enemies. Now it looks like they want to make it something totally different and I still don't like it as much as the first one.

I'm still looking forward to this.

Bunch of customization stuff came out yesterday as well as the fact this seems like it's going to be RPG-ish with skill points and such.

Ssssooo.... am I the only guy excited for this.

By95-c1IcAAFCIM.jpg

Playing the beta right now. Alright game so far but the driving physics are wacky and the world seems pretty empty.

Seems like the gameplay would get repetitive, as most missions are way to similar. Might pick this up on a deep sale. Still feel pretty burned by The Division and ME Andromeda is coming soon after Wildlands.

Playing the beta right now. Alright game so far but the driving physics are wacky and the world seems pretty empty.

Seems like the gameplay would get repetitive, as most missions are way to similar. Might pick this up on a deep sale. Still feel pretty burned by The Division and ME Andromeda is coming soon after Wildlands.
Hmm ffs :(

Played this earlier with a couple of buddies. It's quite bad. The character movement and aiming is so clunky that trying to be all tactical just doesn't work so we ended up rushing into bases and wildly shooting at everything. There was a small amount of fun running around the map in cars and helicopters, but definitely not enough to last for more than a few hours. It's unoriginal, bland bullshit to be honest.

Played this earlier with a couple of buddies. It's quite bad. The character movement and aiming is so clunky that trying to be all tactical just doesn't work so we ended up rushing into bases and wildly shooting at everything. There was a small amount of fun running around the map in cars and helicopters, but definitely not enough to last for more than a few hours. It's unoriginal, bland bullshit to be honest.

Yup, I've watched a few beta impressions on youtube and this basically sums up what I've seen. Along with crappy cover mechanics and enemies able to detect you through cover.

I never got my hopes up too high... because it's Ubisoft and the vast majority of their open-world games have been shit, and practically all of them in this console generation.

But they really know how to make some awesome gameplay trailers, don't they?

And don't get me wrong, if this game was awesome as it looked to be in the trailers, I would have bought it Day 1. And I NEVER buy games on Day 1, but Ubisoft would have earned my $60.... or $50 over Steam.

I watched some beta gameplay and it looked ok, honestly just ok nothing really wowed which sucks cause I was looking forward to this. Wish we could just get a Socom 2 Online remaster.

That's how I felt. I might pick this one up on a deep sale eventually but it's not worth a full price purchase. I know it's just a beta and we are not getting the full package, but there's just not a lot going on here. Every Ghost Recon before it has been this way. I feel you dont get enough value.

This game needed more polish.

That's how I felt. I might pick this one up on a deep sale eventually but it's not worth a full price purchase. I know it's just a beta and we are not getting the full package, but there's just not a lot going on here. Every Ghost Recon before it has been this way. I feel you dont get enough value.

This game needed more polish.
IDK, me and my friends enjoyed it. It was 4 of us and after we finished the missions and shit we spent a fair amount of the next hour or so just fucking around and we enjoyed it.

Just checked out the posts on the 1st page, from a year and a half ago, when this game was announced.

And this is just another reminder to NOT FALL FOR THE HYPE.

ESPECIALLY FOR FREAKING UBISOFT.

does it just play like the division with bullet sponge AI?

Back