Tom Clancy The Division?

Practical Goat

Knowledge Seeker
@White
Reaction score
Started this recently, bit late on the band wagon but really enjoying it. Got some really shitty reviews for some reasons, I'd give it a solid 9/10.. anyway.

Struggling to work out the concept of how the game works really.. Is there a campaign? Where you actually get to see cutscenes and end up finding the 'cure'?

I just seem to be getting bounced about and not quite sure if there is actually a campaign/story involved?

The story is pretty much told by the recordings/etc that you find and that's it AFAIK

Played at launch and while there is a campaign...that's the gist of it. You bounce around from mission to mission in the open world. The story is...whatever. Kind of like most open world/loot games. Not sure if the last few dlc packs added more campaign stuff. You should know once you finish the campaign and then you can run the different challenge modes or missions. I haven't played in a long time so can't remember the names of things anymore. I did have a lot of fun with it at launch and made a few online friends randomly in game. We played together a lot for a few weeks then all drifted to other games.

They had a ton of problems balancing weapons, cheating and exploits on PC, and keeping players engaged with the end game. But, they did a great job listening to feedback and fixing or reworking mistakes they made in the past. I heard the survivor mode or whatever it is where you start off with nothing and have to scavenge for gear and monitor your body temp was a great update.

Played on and off. It has a lot going for it, but the dark zone sucks dick. I think PVP has disappointed most people and the hackers don't help.

The story is here and there. Occasionally, you'll do a mission that will turn out to be part of the main story, but the appeal is in the visuals, the shoot outs and joining forces with others to smash your foes.

One of the worst decisions they made was having an MMO where you don't see anybody else running around the main game world with you. You can invite people to form a small team, or encounter assholes in the dark zone, but it would make a world of difference just to have instances of 20 - 50 or so players who you can meet randomly and who would make for more dynamic encounters.

Played on and off. It has a lot going for it, but the dark zone sucks dick. I think PVP has disappointed most people and the hackers don't help.

The story is here and there. Occasionally, you'll do a mission that will turn out to be part of the main story, but the appeal is in the visuals, the shoot outs and joining forces with others to smash your foes.

One of the worst decisions they made was having an MMO where you don't see anybody else running around the main game world with you. You can invite people to form a small team, or encounter assholes in the dark zone, but it would make a world of difference just to have instances of 20 - 50 or so players who you can meet randomly and who would make for more dynamic encounters.

The Dark Zone had such cool potential but its execution left a lot to be desired. It just turned into people crafting/looting meta weapons and trolling people. I was running around the DZ with a friend and some dork with his crew started "threatening" us and saying they were going to blow us up. Boring.

Agreed on the PVE zone. It would have been a lot better to see other players running around and made dynamic fire fights more interesting.

I did have a ton of fun running some of the higher tiered missions with friends. With randoms it was hit and miss. Some people were really fun to play with, some were try hard dicks. I guess that goes with every online game though.

Lol people still play this game?

You will soon see why we all ended up hating it once you hit post gsme.

At least the survival DLC was decent.

@76Knockout @PRIDEWASBETTER @Strychnine

Its all here..
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-division-v2-where-consoles-rule.3220081/

I've been milking it dry. Level 15 already and it's solid, can't seem to get to a safe house and end up 1km back every time.. Used every ounce of patience I've got to refrain from planting my forehead into my TV. Why is post-game rubbish?

I remember me and my friends were all talking about this game. We were really excited by the setting and game type. But then every new update made it seem worse and worse. If I remember right it got delayed. And Ubisoft is imo a fucking garbage developer. In the end we never ended up even bothering to play it lol. And it sounds like we made the right decision. These developers think you can just make a game open world and it'll be fun. "Oh look you can customize your gun color though!" Who gives a fuck. BORING. "But but but you can find loot!" Oh wow. Maybe if I was 9 years old that would be fun. Instead I see it as a complete waste of time and a boring ass grind for nothing of interest. Cookie cutter garbage. Ubisoft is such a shitty developer. I don't think I've enjoyed a single game from them.

I've been milking it dry. Level 15 already and it's solid, can't seem to get to a safe house and end up 1km back every time.. Used every ounce of patience I've got to refrain from planting my forehead into my TV. Why is post-game rubbish?

Don't listen to every roast of the game, there's still a lot of cool dynamics made possible by the game's multiplayer squad play

Gun enthusiasts get pissed off by the weird choices in gun design (burst fire FN-FALs are a classic example)

PVP and Dark Zone have struggled with uneven gear fights, but with multiplayer mmorpgs that happens. If it helps, treating your DZ experience like a pulse-pounding hide and seek/chase game is more rewarding than trying to stand your ground and blast away on every random you encounter. Just know where your exits are at all times, stack some stamina, keep moving, tactical revives, nomad gear, you name it.

The story is really just a world-building framing device. It sets the scene, but by the time you hit DLCs you realize the city remains lawless and unstable as ever. Just don't play the game looking for a final showdown or end cutscene. It's better to have your create-a-character's story in mind, because honestly, you and your team are more interesting than that weird NPC civilian wandering around asking for a soda

Post-game is fun enough. I like how each dlc caters to a specific play style, which not enough vets give the game credit for.

Underground offers busy co-op gun battles vs NPCs

Survival is great for solo/team vs npcs
....from what i've seen in PVP survival, the only people who actually enjoy that mode are flaming assholes rolling 4-men deep in party chat geared to the tits. It can be super fun to run around hiding and running from people though.

Last Stand is weird. Maybe someone else in here can break that one down, because i barely play it

Also hilarious. Remember that opening cutscene that shows how every Division agent gets the call to arms in the middle of whatever job they were doing?

Go ahead and ask any veteran player in the game what job their character had before they got the call

Yeah. Nobody thought of shit

People complain about an mmo rpg they didn't even put any effort into

Its just a boring grind and its all item based not skill based. There sre basically dailies, dark zone, incursions and boss runs to do. Thats it. All the same grind and rng rinse repeat crap.

The game world feels very isolated and its very boring soloing.

That link i posted is to the official Sherdog thread. Just read some comments in there to see why ppl hate it.

It is a really good game to level up in, well worth the buy in my opinion.

Where is fails is in trying to get into that Diablo, Poe, Warframe endless timesink in bracket of games.

Its just a boring grind and its all item based not skill based. There sre basically dailies, dark zone, incursions and boss runs to do. Thats it. All the same grind and rng rinse repeat crap.

The game world feels very isolated and its very boring soloing.

That link i posted is to the official Sherdog thread. Just read some comments in there to see why ppl hate it.

Oh god is it ever item-based.

My mates joke that every division character is secretly a shitty level 0 warrior wearing the backpack of a level 256

We are all worthless pieces of shit who wear the pants of great men, but the second we take our kneepads and gloves off we lose our 256 level instantly

We are a fraudulent cowardly bunch of assholes wearing a fancy holster

I remember me and my friends were all talking about this game. We were really excited by the setting and game type. But then every new update made it seem worse and worse. If I remember right it got delayed. And Ubisoft is imo a fucking garbage developer. In the end we never ended up even bothering to play it lol. And it sounds like we made the right decision. These developers think you can just make a game open world and it'll be fun. "Oh look you can customize your gun color though!" Who gives a fuck. BORING. "But but but you can find loot!" Oh wow. Maybe if I was 9 years old that would be fun. Instead I see it as a complete waste of time and a boring ass grind for nothing of interest. Cookie cutter garbage. Ubisoft is such a shitty developer. I don't think I've enjoyed a single game from them.

It's also worth noting that the more extravagant your weapon skin, the more you stick out like a sore thumb in DZ (and now pvp survival because they added skins to get us all killed like rainbow colored idiots)

Real men use the gun's default colors, or all white because daddy didn't raise no ed hardy skull-blasted fools

I got it for like 20 bucks like a week after launch. To be honest, I did not even touch the dark zone, or do any co op. I treated it as a lone wolf open world sp game. I quite liked it. It's generic as hell, in ubisoft terms(unlock area, take bounties, build base with mission supplies, etc), but I still quite liked it.

The world had personality, despite being desolate.

the game is amazing, it sucks that has little ammount of players

Back