Tom Brady Choked. James White Was Last Year's MVP. | Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Franc Mittelo, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Franc Mittelo Brown Belt

Franc Mittelo
    How am I trolling? LOL

Didn't you watch the game, and see the guy fumble when the game was on the line? It happened. Truth.

2. Franc Mittelo Brown Belt

Franc Mittelo
    Who said Tom Brady sucked?

I am saying that he choked. Choking is when you make a game losing mistake close to the end of a game. If LeBron scores 60 points in a game, and misses the game winning 3 point shot, he choked. LOL

If Cristiano Ronaldo scores 3 goals, and misses the game winning penalty, he choked. This is how choking works. LOL

3. The Higher Power "IT'S ME, AUSTIN!!!"

The Higher Power
  4. drstrangelov Hey.

drstrangelov
    Brady gave New England the lead over Seattle late in the 4th, the defense just held on. It's not like butler had a pick 6. Huge play, but it doesn't detract from Brady's clutch play.

He's also had over 500 yards passing in two consecutive Super Bowls. The Eagles outplayed New England, but it wasn't quarterback play that cost New England the win.

5. WouldNotBang Lucille Belt

WouldNotBang
    I don't even think it's right to blame the O line. Philly defensive lineman made an awesome play when it matters. Saying Brady choked or the lineman choked is taking away from the badass play Graham made.

6. white-pony Black Belt

white-pony
    Joe Montana never would have fumbled. He would have laughed at how much time he was given to win the game.

Brady fumbled.

lmao

Franc Mittelo likes this.
  7. Franc Mittelo Brown Belt

Franc Mittelo
    It didn't win them the game, and that is choking. LOL

8. Franc Mittelo Brown Belt

Franc Mittelo
    Exactly. Everything on the line, time on the clock, timeouts and the the ball in Brady's hands, and what does he do? He fumbles. LOL

9. Bargey Red Belt

Bargey
    I think this proves what a great all round team the Eagles is. Great offense. Great defense (Pats can put up 30 on anyone). Great young QB and very competent backup QB who did his job at as high a standard as one could expect.

And of course much props to the coaches. They didn't miss a beat when Wentz went down along with a couple of key other guys during the season.

Brady was once again great. Even the fumble wasn't a horrible fumble as far as his play goes. It was just a big time defensive play. They are supposed to make plays too and this time they were better than Brady.

I do agree though that QBs get too much credit in general. I think Foles deserved MVP but sometimes they just hand the MVP to the QB for showing up and doing the bare minimum.

Jackie Blue likes this.
  10. Cint Risen

Cint
    Belichick should take the blame for the loss by not playing Butler. He's a better cover guy than Rowe.

basedgodfedor and Jackie Blue like this.
  11. MadSquabbles500 Gold Belt

MadSquabbles500
    Pats Defense let them down. They have kept Devon McCourty for a while. I think it is time to trade him. And the O-line got bullied.

12. lifelessheap Silver Belt

lifelessheap
    No. The Pat's offensive line gave him time all game. As a Packer fan I don't think you know what a bullied O line looks like. Brady got to sit in the pocket and sling all game. He got sacked like once. He was barely ever on the ground. He was barely hurried.

13. MadSquabbles500 Gold Belt

MadSquabbles500
    O-line failed when it matters in the last two minutes. That is all TB12 needed, and the O-Line let him down.

14. Jackie Blue Red Belt

Jackie Blue
    He had to step into the pocket to make the pass. He was literally throwing when he got hit because the pocket collapsed at the last second. Brady was getting pressured all game and he still had a historically great game. Brady made the right decision, he had to trust that the pocket would hold up long enough for him to make the throw and it almost did.

The only other possible option would have been to scramble outside the pocket and then make a throw, but that's what mobile quarterbacks like Rodgers or Wilson can do. Brady is 40 and has never been mobile, so he made the best decision based off of his abilities. Idiots, haters and trolls can talk about choking without knowing what the word truly means, or not caring because they're just trying to rile people up. But the real fans know what's what.

Culombo and rj144 like this.
  15. Jackie Blue Red Belt

Jackie Blue
    Yeah, Rowe has been blowing coverage all season long. He's definitely the weak link in the secondary. I don't think it's entirely coincidental that Butler is an unrestricted free agent. This is the downside of the Patriot way.

basedgodfedor and Cint like this.
  16. drstrangelov Hey.

drstrangelov
    No, choking is making mistakes at key times to give away games. He just lost.

basedgodfedor and rj144 like this.
  17. Playswellwithlawndarts Jack of all trades Master of Some

Playswellwithlawndarts
    I think New England found a team that would play four entire quarters against them. Philadelphia didn’t take its foot off the gas.

Tuf_guy likes this.
  18. Krixes Brown Belt

Krixes
    Brady fumbled the ball with the game on the line. I know it's hard to imagine, but it happened. He's still clutch, just not all time clutch anymore. He's getting a pass that Matt Ryan didn't get last year in the same situation.

19. rj144 Black Belt

rj144
    I'm a Pats fan. I never even once thought Ryan choked last year. I don't think anyone did.

basedgodfedor and Jackie Blue like this.
  20. Cint Risen

Cint
    Belichick should've swallowed his pride stop being stubborn and played Butler. Win another Super Bowl then cut or trade him after the season.

Jackie Blue likes this.