Tokyo Ghost

Strange King

Strange Music
@Silver
Reaction score
This is one of the few gems that I have recently found. I was in the comic store recently and saw the 5th issue, and loved the art on the cover. I picked up the issue and to my surprise had exquisite art in the inside as well. On a hunch I picked up the other issues and boy was i in for a treat.

The comic is a satire of our culture and the need to be instantly satisfied. Think Wall-E the movie but much more graphic in nature. The wold is now hooked into the tech. Companies now run the world because the people voted in a leader of a boy band as president and that was the last time the world entrusted people. The book plays on our addictions as well as our mental state.

The very first comic starts off very violent. There is a man that can hack into anyone that is hooked in and uses them to commit very large mass murders.

I hope some of you pick this up. I have attached a review and some pics of the comic. after reading it a few times i can still find little things in the back ground of the art.

Review
http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-review/tokyo-ghost-1-image-comics

mommas-jacked-in.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

AKIRA
tumblr_nv38mtNEVw1sonbpko1_1280.jpg

61agFBggdSL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:
Prototype of a Sherdogger in the very first frame. Nice.

Its the next Walking Dead. Be sure to purchase your issue #1s to resell for 10k a pop in a few years.

Disgusting. I like my satire a bit more subtle.

How old is the comic? If it's made after 1999 then that first frame is a blatant rip off of Pearl Jam's music video Do the Evolution

@ 3:13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back