Tokyo Fight Club - Tanikawa's Fighting Restaurant

Asurah

|⁰⊖⁰)
@Brown
Reaction score
Former K-1 head and current Ganryujima leader, Sadaharu Tanikawa, has started a new combat sports venture, a restaurant that hosts live fights. It had its opening night today, featuring many recognizable fight names including Sakuraba, Kawajiri, Tokoro, and more.

So far it seems most of the stuff has just been exhibitions so I'm not sure if the plan is to hold actual professional bouts in the future or not. For the first night Sakuraba came in to promote his new grappling league, QUINTET.

Gonnapar faced teammate Dausakon Motasainai under Muay Thai rules

Rocky Kawamura vs Hikaru Sato under modified classic Pancrase rules

Kawajiri did some live sparring, including sparring with a small child

Tokoro also rematched Kazuhisa Watanabe and a Ganryujima bout between Shoma Shibisai vs Vito Rea took place but I haven't seen any footage of those yet. Hopefully they work out some way of broadcasting. If they don't though, they are located in Shibuya and are supposedly english friendly (also looking for english speaking and foreign staff), so if you are in the area you could drop in.

Official site

Love when a clean head kick lands and sends a bloody tooth flying into my Ramen.....seriously though this is pretty cool.

Interesting that Rizin was retweeting considering Tanikawa owns it

the punishment for any fighter missing weight should be locked in this cage smelling everyone elses food until they win a fight

Huh. May go take a look around next week.

Shit website.

Huh. May go take a look around next week.

Shit website.
From what I saw in articles the plan is to have fights every Friday and Saturday from 8-10 pm

tanikawa is the man of a thousand ideas.

Ganryujima is awesome but this sounds kinda shady...

Thanks. What’s the cost, any idea?
I'm not sure, the opening night was free for a certain number of people so there might not be a good idea of prices yet. I'm not sure if Japan has a good site to look up menus but you might want to try that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back