Toeikan karate (kyokushin)?

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Fudoshin, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Fudoshin White Belt

Fudoshin
    Hi, i'm searching for a kyokushin school, and the only one which is closer is called Toeikan karate, I know there is different organizations (Enshin,Ashihara etc) but i cant find nothing about this one, except for this page https://www.toeikan.com

Looks legit, and the sensei was 3rd place in some international tournament in japan, but i hope some kyokushin practitioners can help me with some info.

2. Tayski Purple Belt

Tayski
    I had never heard of it before. It does seem to be a style of knockdown karate though if those youtube videos is anything to go by:

3. CFGroup Blue Belt

CFGroup
    Really hard to research info on those guys. Seems to be lead by Hideo Tekada a former practitioner of Kyokushin. Mostly based in South America.

They say they have a headquarters in Japan, but nothing like the careful screening of Kyokushin Honbu Dojo(which they are an offshoot) or something like the Kodokan for Judo.

My guess from spending some years under Japanese lineage there's some bad blood between Kyokushin Honbu Dojo and Hideo Tekada. There's not much to judge his technique from so buyer beware...

On the other hand some of the best old school Asian lineage instructors are terrible at western marketing and are stumbled onto almost by accident...

4. Fudoshin White Belt

Fudoshin
    Well, I Hope so.

5. Hotora86 火虎 空手道

Hotora86
    Looks legit.
    Go there, 1st class is probably for free, come back to tell us how it was. :)