Today was a good day Plat-Nation hype train derailed GTFIH if you're with me

Perry hype wasn't real though was it? I thought it was one of those ironic things like that kid Erick Silvas potential

Define young. Perry is almost a decade older than Robbie was when he entered the UFC.

And Robbies career comeback story isn't a common thing and I doubt Perry has the mental fortitude to make that happen in his mid 30s.
Perry was 22 almost 23 when he started mma, and 24 almost 25 when he started in the UFC. Robbie was 19 when he started mma, and 20 when he started in the UFC. Different periods of time in the sport, when it took a lot less to make the big show. The parallels are not that far off between when they started in the sport. I think Perry can overcome anything as long has he works at it, to come from where he has in life to where he is now I'd say he has pretty damn impressive mental fortitude.

Thought it was a joke. Turns out it’s real considering the butthurt after his loss

lol same. thought he was like an imaginary friend or comfort blanket for Conor haters.

Platinum still my boy ur just hating of course you will respond to this with a gif or meme, but 25-3 fighter couldn't even finish 11-1 fighter when he had him gassed and on the ground. Perry can def keep improving. I hope he seeks out some better coaching and takes some time off

Honestly bro you're one of the only platinum cans that I halfway respect. I'll leave it at that for the sake of the thread, don't want this to get misconstrued

<Dany07>

Honestly bro you're one of the only platinum cans that I halfway respect. I'll leave it at that for the sake of the thread, don't want this to get misconstrued

<Dany07>

Thats nice of you I don’t respect any of those bums.

Thats nice of you I don’t respect any of those bums.

That guy has had cool convos with us in the OT without letting his man love cloud his thoughts. Can't say the same for most of the other ones.

Perry is awesome to watch win or lose and mma fans will always tune in for fighters like him.

What’s your problem with perry ts? He’s
Pretty much only in good fights.

There's a double standard when it comes to Perry and Ngannou. Before his win over Overeem there was really not much of a difference between these two guys, except that Ngannou is less skilled than the Platinum one(or lets say, more one-dimensional). They both had a brutal KO over a past prime KO artist and showed potential. Both have a big following while only one of them gets a lot of hate.

Perry is awesome to watch win or lose and mma fans will always tune in for fighters like him.

What’s your problem with perry ts? He’s
Pretty much only in good fights.

I don't care for his whole wigga hard guy act but he brings it when he fights I don't deny that. I just wanted to laugh at Plat-Nation and start some shit

<Dany07>

I am a happy camper today bud. Plat Nation ate a bowl of shit, lost 2 of their main posters in less then a week and Perry got his stool pushed in! Couldn't be any happier

giphy.gif

Perry was 22 almost 23 when he started mma, and 24 almost 25 when he started in the UFC. Robbie was 19 when he started mma, and 20 when he started in the UFC. Different periods of time in the sport, when it took a lot less to make the big show. The parallels are not that far off between when they started in the sport. I think Perry can overcome anything as long has he works at it, to come from where he has in life to where he is now I'd say he has pretty damn impressive mental fortitude.

If he had the mental fortitude to improve into a top 10 guy he would have had the mental fortitude to improve after his first UFC loss, and I'm sure he will write this loss off as "he ran, he wouldn' stand and bang" and write it off.

I had the years confused. Thought Robbie debuted in the UFC at 19 and thought Perry was 27 or so by now.

Either way, there are similaritie but the differences is what makes them separate. Robbie is quiet and humble, Perry is far from either of those things. Robbie was also much craftier and dare I say had more KO power in his youth.

Robbies career comeback is practically an anomaly, Perry isn' going to do anything similar.

He will forever be a fringe top15 guy.

Nobody gave him round 1 including all 3 judges so it seems stupid to keep saying that.

MMA judges are generally very terrible in case you haven't been paying attention.

Big surprise Ponzababilio gets away with another eye poke. Also, laughable he had his hands up at the end after hugging Perry for the final two minutes and running away for half the fight. Thought he was going to smash Perry because he's a nobody? His face says otherwise.

Hype train derailed? What about when Jouban completely outclassed Perry, why wasn't the hype train derailed back then? I'm guessing Platinum nuthuggers will continue hyping him up into being something he's not. Good fighter and exciting to watch, maybe in the future he'll develop into a contender but right now he's just a violent guy.

Platinum still my boy ur just hating of course you will respond to this with a gif or meme, but 25-3 fighter couldn't even finish 11-1 fighter when he had him gassed and on the ground. Perry can def keep improving. I hope he seeks out some better coaching and takes some time off
And Perry couldn't finish former male model Alan Jouban. Oof.

<JagsKiddingMe>

TS climbing on another hate train

in time, he´ll apply for platinum nation

Any one that's unbiased knows ponzi won round 2 and 3. With the 2 round being somewhat close but still in favor of the better more accurate striker

Great fight, both looked good at times, no shame in losing

I want to see Lawler vs Perry next. Make it happen uncle Dana

Back