Today Trump is expected to announce the reduction (destruction) of two national monuments...

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Bears Ears National Monument, Utah (CNN)If only the rocks could talk.

If only the sandstones could sing, imagine the stories they'd tell, of dinosaurs, mammoth hunters and the "ancient ones" known as the Anasazi.
All roamed southern Utah over the eons, long before Native Americans struggled to hold their land against Mormon settlers, modern life and now, Donald Trump.

As the President arrives in Utah Monday afternoon, this rocky corner of the Wild West is a battlefield once again, but this time the warriors will carry briefcases and lawsuits.
During a speech in Salt Lake City, Trump is expected to announce the fate of two national monuments: Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante, created by Democratic predecessors to protect culture, history and natural beauty.

He is expected to shrink both significantly, much to the delight of locals who see them as nothing more than a 3-million-acre federal land grab. The drillers, miners and frackers who were shut out by Bill Clinton and Barack Obama's use of the Antiquities Act would have new leases on life. Orrin Hatch and his fellow Utah Republicans would have a major victory to celebrate.

But those who believe the rocks can talk, through countless fossils, sacred ruins and desert solitude, are bracing for a fight.
"I'm going to sue him," says Yvon Chouinard, founder and CEO of outdoor gear maker Patagonia. "It seems the only thing this administration understands is lawsuits. I think it's a shame that only 4% of American lands are national parks. Costa Rica's got 10%. Chile will now have way more parks than we have. We need more, not less. This government is evil and I'm not going to sit back and let evil win."
Chouinard led the effort to move a major outdoor show from Salt Lake City to Denver in protest of Utah's land use politics and he's been a big supporter of the historic coalition of the five local tribes, which put aside ancient rivalries and lobbied for monument protection.

It is continued here:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/04/politics/utah-monuments-trump-weir/index.html

National Parks BTFO again!!!! MAGA snowflakes!

We raging about some fucking rocks now?

tenor.gif

You live on a fucking rock...

We all live on a fucking rock...

Some people appreciate this rock, whilst some...do not.

I appreciate nature...

I respect nature...

As did Leonardo Da Vinci.

As does anyone with an actual heart/mind that can perceive this world as something worth fighting for...

As does anyone with an actual heart/mind that can perceive this world as something worth fighting for...

Well then move out of your house or apartment, which was once occupied by nature, and go live among the Tree People.

Give it a rest with your fake outrage. I'd wager this is the first time you've even heard about these places.

why they gotta be such scumbags to shoot at carvings?

Last edited:
Perhaps the wishes of the locals should be respected, over the desires of environmental activists a thousand miles away that will never even lay eyes on this rock.

This seems to be a rolling back of a previous regulatory overreach, more than the destruction of some sort of pristine environment.

3:25 of video. Nail on head.

I would not give even an eighth of a fuck. Then again, it wouldn't even be news if it was Obama.
oh, you personally would not be upset. But you'd sure as hell pretend to be.

Back