To register to vote in CA you need: DL #, last 4 of SSN, DOB

We've tried. They call us racist. They say black people have a hard time getting ID's.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's seriously not only what they argue... but it's also won in the court of law o_O

If the gov't would mail IDs free of charge to peoples' houses, the progressives would still be against it.

If the gov't would mail IDs free of charge to peoples' houses, the progressives would still be against it.
Of course. And black people already have ID's, so there isn't any need for it.

So why doesnt the ultra-lib gov't of CA do that already? Why are they dead set against any form of voter ID?

I don't live in Cali. Ask someone that does. Stop moving the goalpost son.

I don't live in Cali. Ask someone that does. Stop moving the goalpost son.

OK, how about MA? NY? Not moving the goalpost at all. The progressive argument is basically that poor people cant afford ID. In ultraliberal states that can easily be addressed, they give away so much free shit already. What's a few dollars more? And yet it is never done. Why?

OK, how about MA? NY? Not moving the goalpost at all. The progressive argument is basically that poor people cant afford ID. In ultraliberal states that can easily be addressed, they give away so much free shit already. What's a few dollars more? And yet it is never done. Why?

I'm not going to speculate. I am for free gov't issued IDs if IDs are required to vote. Period. Done.

If you require an ID that costs money to vote then it would be considered a poll tax. This is how some courts have struck down voter ID laws.

Ok I see.

That seems like a horribly wrong view, but that's the European in me talking.

Consider this.

I introduce mandatory IDs in 2017. Every citizen needs to apply for and get issued an ID until the end of the year. It costs a fee to cover the cost (no more than 50 bucks). It will be illegal to not have one by the end of 2018.

Making IDs mandatory for voting would only be introduced in 2020. Everybody has an ID by then. Nobody 'pays to vote'.

Ok I see.

That seems like a horribly wrong view, but that's the European in me talking.

Consider this.

I introduce mandatory IDs in 2017. Every citizen needs to apply for and get issued an ID until the end of the year. It costs a fee to cover the cost (no more than 50 bucks). It will be illegal to not have one by the end of 2018.

Making IDs mandatory for voting would only be introduced in 2020. Everybody has an ID by then. Nobody 'pays to vote'.

I am for free gov't issued IDs if IDs are needed to cast a vote. In your scenario IDs cost money. So no, I'm not cool with that.

I am for free gov't issued IDs if IDs are needed to cast a vote. In your scenario IDs cost money. So no, I'm not cool with that.

In my scenario IDs get introduced. Everybody is forced to get one and pay the fee for it. People on social security would likely have to get it paid for by the state.

That is the story. No poll tax, just mandatory IDs. In my scenario by 2019 nobody without an ID.

Just in time for the 2020 elections, I would then introduce legislation that forces you to show your ID that you already have anyway due to unrelated legislation.

In my scenario IDs get introduced. Everybody is forced to get one and pay the fee for it. People on social security would likely have to get it paid for by the state.

That is the story. No poll tax, just mandatory IDs. In my scenario by 2019 nobody without an ID.

Just in time for the 2020 elections, I would then introduce legislation that forces you to show your ID that you already have anyway due to unrelated legislation.

Nice loophole. Well done!

OwkLa.gif

deflect much ?
It's not deflection until you have any basis for voter fraud being committed it is no more a deflection that a mormon claimining I'm deflecting for not agreeing with their belief in god.
You throwing out some unrelated article about social security numbers has nothing to do with it. Social security numbers are not the basis of voting or voter rolls or motivations to vote.

It's not about "minorities" you racist asshole, it's about the poor. There are three reasons why people maintain valid ID's: to drive, to travel, to go to school. All three activities that many poor people can't afford.

Someone who doesn't drive often isn't likely to renew their DL, and is likely to get turned away at the polls because of it.

When ID laws have been looked at it's been determined that they would prevent thousands of legal votes for every one illegal vote they stop. Why would any rational person want that?

LOL save your tears little bitch.
A rep for the naacp was on some liberal hack show bitching how voter I.d would directly effect minorities. Either way it's pathetic if you can't get an I.d and you're such a sad sack you shouldn't even be voting.

I guess it's possible, but if you're gonna say 3 million illegal votes were cast then the onus is probably on you to prove that it did happen, not show how it could have potentially might have maybe been done.

At this point why do they have to be illegals? Why not just citizens using these easily obtained extra drivers licenses and fake SSNs to create multiple identities and vote at multiple polling places?

Back