To People Who say DC vs. Brock is bs...

Hey dude, maybe you want a cigar, go outside and take 15 minutes to recompose yourself, then you can come back and try to chill for DC, you ain't convincing anyone with these emotional-drived ironic comments, actually you're embarrassing yourself.

Dude's always been one of the biggest simpletons here lol. What do you expect...

DC isn't going to fight Blaydes, Volkov or Lewis. Not one of those fights is worth a fuck to his legacy
How a title defense against a credible contender isn't worth anything to a champion's legacy? Are you out of your fucking mind? Lol
he has viable ways to potentially win the fight.
If this fight happens under USADA, Brock has 0 chance.

I don't think people expect MMA to be pure, but spectators view this as a sport first and foremost. The business aspect is secondary to the viewer.

I can't think of a comparison in modern pro sports to Brock being awarded a title shot

If that were true, then most spectators would be outraged and want the Stipe rematch. But it is a small minority, since most want DC vs. Brock. This means, at least, that the majority of spectators don't think the integrity of the sport by itself outweighs other factors when determining what fights they want to see.

Really? They should have no say in who they risk their health against? They should have no say in how well they can earn a livelihood? That's outright ridiculous.

Even in boxing, where mandatory title defenses exist, boxers are allowed to pick and choose fights with whomever, so long as they take their mandatory challenger on within a reasonable time-frame.

if you dont want to risk your health against the best opponent, give up the title, nobody is forcing you to....

picking your best suited opponent defeats the entire purpose of a champion title.

As a fan of MMA, that's irrelevant to me. I don't care for PPV buys or anything like that. I don't watch UFC for the business aspect of it, i watch because of the sport. To me Stipe is worth much more than Brock. I understand why Brock is worth more to Dana White and to the company, to WME-IMG, but not to MMA fans in general. Is CM Punk worth more to you, a fan, than a unknown fighter who is exciting to watch like, let's say, Yancy Medeiros? To me, it's not even close..

Brock is worth 10x more than Stipe not only to the UFC but also to casual fans who outnumber hardcores many times to one. Most hardcores don't even pay for shit anyway we just stream for free and let the casuals foot the bill. What you and your 4 buddies want out of the UFC is utterly irrelevant. Hell I want to see naked oily Paulo Costa pelvic thrust over anything, I'm sure there's a couple hundred gaylords who agree with me but I'm not going to complain when UFC doesn't cave in to my wishes.

This means, at least, that the majority of spectators don't think the integrity of the sport by itself outweighs other factors when determining what fights they want to see.
I would agree with that. It's true, but it's a sad reality that i don't have to agree with.
2) Fighting two times at HW would also be a bad move, because if he loses the first fight the bout with Lesnar is gone. So he loses his lottery ticket.
High hisk, high reward. That's how it should always be.

What shit exactly? Failed tests for clomiphene? Get real. Mike Tyson went to jail for rape and had a title shot within the year of his release. Jones popped for the same shit + Tbol and people are actively calling for him to be cleared and delivered into a title shot with DC at HW right now.

Brock is a former champion/2x defender, mauled Hunt effortlessly, and generates stupid buyrates. It makes every kind of sense to make that fight, and Stipe absolutely would be making the very same choice if he had won.

Tyson's problems were outside the sport. They had nothing to do with his legitimacy as a contender. Sure they shouldn't have given him a title shot, but not on sporting grounds, on moral grounds. Completely different than Brock.

Jones fans are cult members. Fuck them.

You cannot rationalize this fight with Brock. It simply does not compute except to make everyone a ton of money, in which case any fight that will generate money is on the table. Vin Deisel vs. The Rock at UFC 280

How a title defense against a credible contender isn't worth anything to a champion's legacy? Are you out of your fucking mind? Lol
If this fight happens under USADA, Brock has 0 chance.

Because he already did the entire 'fight through the contenders' shit man, in two divisions for that matter. At this point in time, beating a former champion > beating up and comers.

You are criminally underestimating how dangerous Brock can be to a guy that much smaller than him.

Brock is worth 10x more than Stipe not only to the UFC but also to casual fans who outnumber hardcores many times to one. Most hardcores don't even pay for shit anyway we just stream for free and let the casuals foot the bill. What you and your 4 buddies want out of the UFC is utterly irrelevant. Hell I want to see naked oily Paulo Costa pelvic thrust over anything, I'm sure there's a couple hundred gaylords who agree with me but I'm not going to complain when UFC doesn't cave in to my wishes.

We have our differences, but boy do I like this post.

I'm not going to complain when UFC doesn't cave in to my wishes.
We are all consumers, we all have the right to complain about the company's decisions, being at the minority or not. The market will decide at the end of the day, but what you guys have to understand is that no one is wrong in complaining about it..

If that were true, then most spectators would be outraged, and most would want the Stipe rematch. But it is a small minority, since most want DC vs. Brock. This means, at least, that the majority of spectators don't think the integrity of the sport by itself outweighs other factors when determining what fights they want to see.

There were 4.3m US buys for MayMac
That means well over 20m viewed that farce legally

That should be the end of any altruistic discussions about what people want to see (or not)

High hisk, high reward. That's how it should always be.

We are all consumers, we all have the right to complain about the company's decisions, being at the minority or not. The market will decide at the end of the day, but what you guys have to understand is that no one is wrong in complaining about it..

The problem is the "should" bit in your argument. You say high risk/high reward is what it "should always be". I don't even think that's precisely what you mean, but whatever. Fine. The question is, why should it? Because... it is what preserves the sport's purity? Why should we isolate that from other factors? We are back at square one, which is my original post.

Tyson's problems were outside the sport. They had nothing to do with his legitimacy as a contender. Sure they shouldn't have given him a title shot, but not on sporting grounds, on moral grounds. Completely different than Brock.

Jones fans are cult members. Fuck them.

You cannot rationalize this fight with Brock. It simply does not compute except to make everyone a ton of money, in which case any fight that will generate money is on the table. Vin Deisel vs. The Rock at UFC 280

I can name several boxers that tested positive and went on to have title shots too, I just grabbed Tyson on the top of my head because of how prominent a figure in the sport he was. BTW you seem to forget his ear-biting, in the middle of a fight with Holyfield, and subsequent title shot against Lennox. His antics weren't just outside the sport.

Because he already did the entire 'fight through the contenders' shit man, in two divisions for that matter. At this point in time, beating a former champion > beating up and comers.
He fought 0 contenders as the undisputed heavyweight champion. That's important. His title defenses are at LHW. Former champion doesn't mean much in my opinion, Stipe's dominant win over Ngannou, a fucking beast that was overpowering everyone, adds much more than his win over former champion JDS. At least in my opinion.

He fought 0 contenders as the undisputed heavyweight champion. That's important. His title defenses are at LHW. Former champion doesn't mean much in my opinion, Stipe's dominant win over Ngannou, a fucking beast that was overpowering everyone, adds much more than his win over former champion JDS. At least in my opinion.
You are missing the point, but that's fine.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I think nearly everybody would disagree with you.

Sure you can complain about it but understand the UFC is just doing what it's supposed to do as a business: serving its majority customer base, which in turn serves its own financial interests, instead of holding on to some fantastical moral code. You might not like it but there's nothing wrong with it.

We have our differences, but boy do I like this post.

Thanks man you like to see naked Paulo Costa pelvic thrust too? When he stripped at the ceremonial weigh-ins I almost wet myself. He should dance a little on the scale next time.

If that were true, then most spectators would be outraged and want the Stipe rematch. But it is a small minority, since most want DC vs. Brock. This means, at least, that the majority of spectators don't think the integrity of the sport by itself outweighs other factors when determining what fights they want to see.

I don't think its a minority, I'd say this community is split 50/50 but alot of people arent going to argue with it because its pointless. Dana is going to do what he wants.

As for the entertainment value of this fight, I don't see the appeal. Brock had a favorable match up while juicing against a guy with bad TDD in his last fight. At least with Conor there is some legitimate hype to his fights. Brock is just someone who cashes in on his WWE career. He isn't particularly elite, especially at this point, and his style isn't favorable against DC.

This fight is simply happening to get NASCAR and WWE fans to watch instead of longtime real MMA fans, and thats what people resent

You are missing the point, but that's fine.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I think nearly everybody would disagree with you.
You disagree with my statement? You think a win over a former champion who isn't in his prime weigh ins more than a win over a contender at his prime, just because this contender never was a champion? That doesn't make any sense to me. Context matters. Werdum's win over Minotauro was cool, finished him and proved himself to be one of the best grapplers at the HW division, sure. But to me, his win over Travis Browne, who many saw as the next champion at heavyweight, was much more meaningful, you have to take WHEN the fight happened in consideration, or is Mittrione's win over a shot Fedor as relevant as Werdum's win?

Back