To People Who say DC vs. Brock is bs...

What shit exactly? Failed tests for clomiphene? Get real. Mike Tyson went to jail for rape and had a title shot within the year of his release. Jones popped for the same shit + Tbol and people are actively calling for him to be cleared and delivered into a title shot with DC at HW right now.

Brock is a former champion/2x defender, mauled Hunt effortlessly, and generates stupid buyrates. It makes every kind of sense to make that fight, and Stipe absolutely would be making the very same choice if he had won.

Thank you
You said it better than I would have

Imagine using Boxing as a point to integrity lol

Again Stipe said he was down to fight Brock (assuming he beat DC).
He said he wanted a few months off to be a new Dad & then Brock.

But he lost & now its unfair

of course DC takes the money fight, cant blame him for that

the problem is the UFC allowing/encouraging all this money fight BS. its 100% their fault. a champion should never have any say in who to fight.

like many people have said, they are getting those quick cash ins without thinking about the future. if DC wins he retires, if brock wins he either tests positive and gets banned again or just goes back to WWE anyway claming he's the HW goat.

another division left in shambles for some easy money.

Why should Cormier's or the company's interests not matter?
Well, i don't care for that, i care for the sport that i follow and love. Here i'm talking about why I don't like that fight, why I'M not interested.
I understand they compromise the sport. But far more people want to see Brock vs. DC than Stipe vs. DC 2. And DC will be retiring in a year, which means this is perhaps his last shot to make this kind of fight, and thus money, happen.

Nobody would do otherwise, unless they were already rich beyond measure.
As i said, DC can fight Stipe in November and Brock in March. He can't fight Brock before January anyway, because of USADA. Therefore, she should man up and give Stipe a rematch. Otherwise, his legacy will be tarnished and he's a paper champion in my opinion. You don't have to agree with me, obviously, but that's how i see it, respectfully.

of course DC takes the money fight, cant blame him for that

the problem is the UFC allowing/encouraging all this money fight BS. its 100% their fault. a champion should never have any say in who to fight.

like many people have said, they are getting those quick cash ins without thinking about the future. if DC wins he retires, if brock wins he either tests positive and gets banned again or just goes back to WWE anyway claming he'S the HW goat.

another division left in shamlbes for some easy money.

Really? They should have no say in who they risk their health against? They should have no say in how well they can earn a livelihood? That's outright ridiculous.

Even in boxing, where mandatory title defenses exist, boxers are allowed to pick and choose fights with whomever, so long as they take their mandatory challenger on within a reasonable time-frame.

Thank you
You said it better than I would have

Imagine using Boxing as a point to integrity lol

Again Stipe said he was down to fight Brock (assuming he beat DC).
He said he wanted a few months off to be a new Dad & then Brock.

But he lost & now its unfair
I'm pretty sure Stipe never said he wanted Brock next specifically. He always was like "whatever, i'll fight anyone" when asked. He would face Brock if Dana White pushed for that? Maybe, but if he had to fight Volkov or Blaydes, i've no doubt he would be down, instead of chasing the money fight like DC is doing. Stipe is a real champion who already defended against credible contenders at heavyweight, DC isn't.

Well, i don't care for that, i care for the sport that i follow and love. Here i'm talking about why I don't like that fight, why I'M not interested.
As i said, DC can fight Stipe in November and Brock in March. He can't fight Brock before January anyway, because of USADA. Therefore, she should man up and give Stipe a rematch. Otherwise, his legacy will be tarnished and he's a paper champion in my opinion. You don't have to agree with me, obviously, but that's how i see it, respectfully.

Purely numerically:

Your interests + The interests of those who agree with you < Cormier's interests + The UFC's interests + The majority of the consumer base's interests.

If the majority of the fanbase actually wanted to see fights based alone on the sport's vertical integrity then the rematch would happen, because the majority of consumers wanted it.

You are defending the "integrity" of an entertainment business which is also a sport. Not global warming. That seems silly to me.

I'm pretty sure Stipe never said he wanted Brock next specifically. He always was like "whatever, i'll fight anyone" when asked. He would face Brock if Dana White pushed for that? Maybe, but if he had to fight Volkov or Blaydes, i've no doubt he would be down, instead of chasing the money fight like DC is doing. Stipe is a real champion who already defended against credible contenders at heavyweight, DC isn't.

Exactly what I said
Stipe said he would fight Brock next but needed time to be with his child first.

Stipe is in it for the $$$ for his family as well.
He would be an idiot not to.

Before he lost, he was fine with Brock being next

You can't spin that.

What he is doing now, is fine.
He should be angling to be there ... it is smart business.

But don't be fooled that he is altruistic about MMA.
He knows its prize fighting & he was ready to take the same prize DC did.

Purely numerically:

Your interests + The interests of those who agree with you < Cormier's interests + The UFC's interests + The majority of the consumer base's interests.
Sure. I understand why this is happening, but whoever interests doesn't matter for me.
I only care about the sport of MMA, and the rest is irrelevant.
Ergo, in my opinion, that fight is totally BS. It's a travesty to the sport.
Exactly what I said
Stipe said he would fight Brock next but needed time to be with his child first.

You can't spin that.

Not the same. Cormier has made clear he's not fighting the real contenders, like Volkov or Blaydes. Stipe never said that, Stipe said he would fight whoever, what includes Brock. Totally different and you are twisting it to look the same. It's not.

Sure. I understand why this is happening, but whoever interests doesn't matter for me.
I only care about the sport of MMA, and the rest is irrelevant.
Ergo, in my opinion, that fight is totally BS. It's a travesty to the sport.

I understand you think like that. I wouldn't have made the thread if there weren't people like you.

What I don't understand is why anyone should care about what you think more than what the majority of the interested parties think.

Stipe is a real champion who already defended against credible contenders at heavyweight, DC isn't.

DC knocked out said 'real champion' in the first round, and you are saying if DC doesn't give him an unwarranted immediate rematch he is a "paper champion". I honestly can't follow your logic at all.

I understand you think like that. I wouldn't have made the thread if there weren't people like you.

What I don't understand is why anyone should care about what you think more than what the majority of the interested parties think.
I think more people should respect the sport we watch and love, but i'm realizing most people don't, they just like facepunching and drama.

Also, i think democracy is overrated, sometimes a small group can be right about something while the majority disagrees due to N possible reasons like personal bias, ignorance, cultural differences etc. So the fact that the majority of parties support that fight doesn't do anything for me..

Ex-MMA is a solid member
But anybody that thinks Prize Fighting/Combat Sports is altruistic is not paying attention

Every fighter wants the big money fight

Stipe could fight Blaydes, JDS & Cain & not make the money he would from fighting Brock.

Again, he had zero issues when Brock might have fought him

I get it & him bitching is good business

It strikes me that those who defend the "integrity of the sport" forget there are people's lives and families involved. Everyone is looking after themselves in this ordeal. Including those who call for the "integrity of the sport", since to appease their moralistic sense of self-righteousness over the interests of the majority of the consumer base, business and fighters apparently is all they care for.

DC knocked out said 'real champion' in the first round, and you are saying if DC doesn't give him an unwarranted immediate rematch he is a "paper champion". I honestly can't follow your logic at all.

SD missuses "paper champion" like they do "cuck" lol

Nope
You are trying way too hard ITT
1 - Both would fight Brock? Maybe, we can suppose that.

2 - Both would fight real contenders? No, we know that Cormier isn't willing to do that, while everything appoints otherwise when it comes to Stipe.

A enormous difference. You must be blind if you can't see it.

Exactly what I said

You can't spin that.

How do you know what he is and isn't? If he was in it purely for the money, he'd surely do a much harder job of marketing himself, but he doesn't (even if he did, it still wouldn't prove he wasn't "altruistic" about MMA, as you put it.)

All he ever said about Lesnar was that he'd be down to fight anybody when they asked him if he'd fight him next.

I think more people should respect the sport we watch and love, but i'm realizing most people don't, they just like facepunching and drama.

Also, i think democracy is overrated, sometimes a small group can be right about something while the majority disagrees due to N possible reasons like personal bias, ignorance, cultural differences etc. So the fact that the majority of parties support that fight doesn't do anything for me..

I agree that the majority is not always right. But it is also true that each person's will does not count the same. That is part of doubting the democratic fetish, in recognition of market dynamics.

Brock is worth a lot more than Stipe, because he sells more. A fight with Brock simply attracts more buyers. So the business is in fact pretty ruthlessly, surprise surprise, a business. Not a pure sport or a democratic utopia.

2 - Both would fight real contenders? No, we know that Cormier isn't willing to do that, while everything appoints otherwise when it comes to Stipe.

Holy shit

THE BROCK FIGHT WAS NEXT IN LINE FOR BOTH - THAT IS WHY HE WAS THERE!!!!

What can't you grasp about that?

This is very conveniently warped.

To think Stipe would not fight Brock, I think, is idealistic at best, and plain delusional at worst.

We actually don't know Cormier wouldn't fight contenders. We know he is retiring in two fights, to make as much money and leave with as much worth as possible. Were Stipe the big payday and the rightful contender, he would probably fight him. He isn't. He wants the money fight, whether that is the contender or not. That's my guess.

Back