To move or not to move?....I need advice

My friend lives in Fairhope. Have you been there? @Captain Davis

8e4e419d8bd4a9dfdc79a9e8c868ab23.jpg
I've been through there, but never stopped.

So right now I live in Bakersfield California (shitty place I know)
And I got an invited to move to Rapid city, South Dakota by my younger brother.
And I told him that I'd consider it, but I really don't know what to do.If I do move over there, I don't know what to expect.
Has anybody been there or somewhere close to it? I know it's going to be cold there, and way different then California, but I'm wondering if the pros will outweigh the cons...

Also the reson why I'm really considering this move is because I am really to kick my alcoholism to the curb. I have too much alcoholic family and friends down here in Bakersfield, and it is hard as hell to quit when you're literally surrounded by alcohol all the time. So should I just get the hell out of here and away from everyone? Will moving to South Dakota make me lonely and depressed and eventually get me back on the booze?

....I need some advice
IMO, do it. You never know what adventures await you in South Dakota. You might meet a small town free-spirited gal that will change your world. Go down to a river and hangout with her in town at night after a friday night high school football game. You two will be everything to each other. You will fight, a lot, but it will be worth it in the end. A lot of country music and tailgates down in the cornfields near the river too.

No wonder you slam booze, Bakersfield sucks. Nothing to do out there but get fucked up. The central valley sucks. Just move to the Bay Area.

Back