To me it looked like Cerrone throw this fight

A broken nose will make most guys wilt. Not a single person here saying he quit or threw the fight would stay standing after getting their nose shattered. Someone like Shogun who is known for his toughness got his nose cracked by Hendo and went straight down.

It's a fight, pain exists Sherbros.

Till looked good and Cerrone looked even more off than he usually does in the first round.

Till is the future and Cerrone is nearing the end. There's only so much the body can take. Cerrone needs to take a couple more fun fights against weaker competition and then contemplate retirement. I don't think he ever lost two fights in a row and now he's on a three fight skid with two fights being tko losses via head strikes
This. Anyone who has ever had their nose broken badly wouldn't ever knock a fighter for going down after that. Also Cerrone definitely should be on "fun fights only" stretch of his career.

Broken nose

Threw the fight

LOL

I posted in the fight thread that a cynic would think that looked like a worked fight. I think some people took it as me saying I thought it was but I don't. We all know Cerrone has quit in him but it was usually dismissed by saying a liver shot immobilized him. Cerrone took some head shots this time, one of which might have broken his nose but he never tried to fight back against Till. He just turtled up.

In truth, Cowboy has always been a bully type fighter. When he has the size and especially the reach advantage or is fighting guys with very limited striking games, he can look like an unstoppable force. He's been good enough to be ranked and has had a very good career but he's a bit of a front runner. He's never even learned to move his head while striking.

Broken nose or not he didn't look like his normal self, Cowboy's known for slow starts but this time something was very off right off the bat. Anyway congrats to Darren Till, he looked like a beast , what a frame on that guy , looked much bigger than his weight indicated

To be fair though, Cerrone, at Welterweight even, usually doesn't fight monsters who are that physically big and strong in the weight class.

If it seemed different, maybe it was cause Till hit him harder than he typically get hit.

Punch in the face and he suddenly covering face with both hands?

A man that been tested by everything and everywhere?

WTF was that? I never seen something like that before. Some other colleagues here pointed out also in other threads that Cerrone wasn't like him during fight.
Got outboxed, sadly. Didn’t see this coming. I thought if Cowboy didn’t get KOd by Lawler, then he certainly wasn’t gonna be touched by Till.
Been trying to tell these noobs in the KB/MT forum that Hands > Legs. It’s impossible to set up and get off good kicks when you can’t threaten with your hands first. Cowboy has shitty boxing and he paid for his refusal to adapt...
Sad. I like Cowboy as a person a lot. Wish he wouldn’t fold like that. Till is an upstart and will get wrestlefucked soon. His striking is good tho. Shades of Conor McGregor.

Got outboxed, sadly. Didn’t see this coming. I thought if Cowboy didn’t get KOd by Lawler, then he certainly wasn’t gonna be touched by Till.
Been trying to tell these noobs in the KB/MT forum that Hands > Legs. It’s impossible to set up and get off good kicks when you can’t threaten with your hands first. Cowboy has shitty boxing and he paid for his refusal to adapt...
Sad. I like Cowboy as a person a lot. Wish he wouldn’t fold like that. Till is an upstart and will get wrestlefucked soon. His striking is good tho. Shades of Conor McGregor.

Well said.

Cerrone should go back to LW in my opinion. He has better prospects for success there. I loved how destructive he looked against Story and Cote but, in a way, those dominant wins sort of backfired on him because he then was confident to stay in a division where he could potentially be matched up against guys with lopsided size and strength advantages on him.

To me it's the way that RDA's tenture in the division can go. He's a beast and he just won against two guys impressively but I can't imagine how small he would look next to someone like Till. Guys like Usman and Colby could be just too strong for him as well.

Millennials dont start in 84 you are gen y . Millennials start aroumd 98-00 thus the name millennials . A generation is roughly 20 yrs . Gen x started right around 1960 millennials would be between 15-24ish .

We are the inbetween generation , i like to think of us as the last decent generation the generation that still grew up in the old world before cell phones and internet , kids today dont have a clue what saturday morning cartoons are they dont know whats its like without internet or cell phones if you remember those times you arent a millennial .
I personally agree with you. The 80s babies are the bridge between generations but by definition we're millennials.

What year are Millennials born in?
Howe and Strauss define the Millennialcohort as consisting of individuals born between 1984 and 2004.

I'm '87 so whether I like it or not I'm classified as a millennial.

Here is how generation x is defined.
Screenshot_20171022-090825.png

I'm not disagreeing with you. I agree with you. People born between 84-94 should be classified as generation Y and not millennials. I remember the teacher telling me my mom was going to spank me FFS. I use to go to my friends house unexpectedly, ring their doorbell and ask if they could come out and play and it was fine.

Last edited:
Well said.

Cerrone should go back to LW in my opinion. He has better prospects for success there. I loved how destructive he looked against Story and Cote but, in a way, those dominant wins sort of backfired on him because he then was confident to stay in a division where he could potentially be matched up against guys with lopsided size and strength advantages on him.

To me it's the way that RDA's tenture in the division can go. He's a beast and he just won against two guys impressively but I can't imagine how small he would look next to someone like Till. Guys like Usman and Colby could be just too strong for him as well.
Yes, but being the smaller man and not cutting weight can be an advantage when striking. Weight cutting can make concussions easier, being smaller = speed advantage and you’re not as physically drained. The weight cut will always have you at less than 100% of what you started in terms of physical performance.
If RDA was matched up against Till, I can see him winning. Not only will he be faster, but he’s also got a great style suited to taller and lengthier opponents. There’s also the element of there being no threat of Till trying to wrestle with him (disadvantage of being smaller is the chance of being wrestlefucked).

Truth is, when dudes don't shave their heads before a fight, they're fooked.

Yes I agree that's why male pattern baldness is so important in MMA. Hence the evolution of JDS' career.

I personally agree with you. The 80s babies are the bridge between generations but by definition we're millennials.

What year are Millennials born in?
Howe and Strauss define the Millennialcohort as consisting of individuals born between 1984 and 2004.

I'm '87 so whether I like it or not I'm classified as a millennial.

Here is how generation x is defined.
View attachment 291101

I'm not disagreeing with you. I agree with you. People born between 84-94 should be classified as generation Y and not millennials. I remember the teacher telling me my mom was going to spank me FFS. I use to go to my friends house unexpectedly, ring their doorbell and ask if they could come out and play and it was fine.
When i get a few ill post some stuff you can check out we are gen y from the researh ive done . Like i said millinneals were born mid 90s and up are gen is late 70s early 80s till 00 . Anybody in late teens early 20's is millennial babys . We are to old generations are roughly 20 yrs baby boomers ended in 1960 so gen x ended in 1980 . Guys like mike tyson are gen x all the guys in late 40's early 50's . Ill hook you up with some cool stuff to check out i enjoy this topic

Cerrone is an overrated striker and underrated grappler. he has a stiff style, poor defense, and a poor sense of range. that's why fighters his height tag him consistently - Nate, Masvidal, lawler, etc

Never seen nose break in person but I seen a jaw shatter up close. Nasty stuff

looked to me like he got beaten to shit

these people that say that he quit dont seem to factor in that he was getting blasted in the head, had his nose smashed, was probably in massive amounts of pain, struggling to breathe from the blood in his nose gushing down his throat and he was no doubt in a pretty flimsy state of consciousness too. theres a difference between quitting and being unable to carry on

Back