To me Chiesa made a verbal tap with his silly arms & hands.

He almost looked like he was drowning in water.....good stoppage but still bad ref.

If I had a guy locked in a RNC the ultimate trash talk would involve me saying, "Go towards the light."

Him thinking about tapping =/= tapping. Who's to say Lee's arms weren't gonna gas or Chiesa found a way out? He's a tough dude

Kevin got lucky. Mike was flexing his neck so hard , Kevin's bicep was just seconds away from being torn. Not sure why Mario went yamastoppy on this one

Him thinking about tapping =/= tapping. Who's to say Lee's arms weren't gonna gas or Chiesa found a way out? He's a tough dude

If you're gonna stop hand fighting and have your arms start to limp out while in the choke, maybe give the ref a thumbs or something so he doesn't think you are unconscious.

Maybe he didnt tap but the fight was over. He had a good 2-3 seconds before he was out

Can't believe people are siding with Mario on this one. He's an idiot and fucked up big time.

If you're gonna stop hand fighting and have your arms start to limp out while in the choke, maybe give the ref a thumbs or something so he doesn't think you are unconscious.

It shouldn't be a priority for fighters to appease the referee's. We see them give the thumbs up all the time and more often than not its when they're getting pounded into bolivian making no attempts to stand up or defend. Chiesa was still fighting. Sure it looked like he was going to get put to sleep, but there would be little consequence in letting that happen. Brain damage is something that is being looked out for these days which is great, but its not like Chiesa was taking heavy shots.

Looked like Chiesa trying to adjust their hands and body to begin escaping the choke but was not given the opportunity to fight the choke.

Didn't even tap out or even pass out.

Had Chiesa actually went limp with the hands and body during the choke then then it would be legit.

While in the Herrig/Kish fight, Kish was locked in even worse by the rnc and that fight wasn't stopped prematurely.

Hell Kish had to resort to letting some shit out since she was getting squeezed up badly by Herrig

Yamasaki fucked up badly and Chiesa should be def appeal this fuck up and the fight should be a NC and Yamasaki should never ref on a main card again.

looked to me like he tried to verbally tap but could not speak so he raised his hands and said uncle.

After early stoppages, you usually see a lot of people claim to know "what was going to happen anyways". You don't see much of that now, even though that choke was deep, not being defended, and he was doing some infant like gestures with his arms.

Let's be consistent, sherdog.

No doubt Yamasaki fucked up but Chiesa with the i was gonna flex and bust out of it is total bullshit. You were about a few seconds away from going to sleep. Yamasaki robbed the fans of a clean finish.

But, he clearly was not intelligently defending himself.
It's still a bad precedent to set. What's next, he got caught in an armbar therefore he wasn't defending against the armbar so I stopped it?

dude was literally seconds from either tapping or going out.. no one can convince me otherwise. Not like he was still fighting the hands when it was stopped.
Exactly, I'm waiting for someone to explain to me what intelligent defense this was...

34710589324_8e4ba47740_z.jpg

Back