to KO elite striker Aldo is much more difficult than KO basic striker Khabib

Metallicalabran

Don't be scared homie!
@Brown
Reaction score
Michael Johnson tagged Khabib A LOT in his fight, the russian looked rocked

Johnson is a great striker, but remember Nate whooped his ass (and was not because of cardio issues, Nate is just a better boxer)

Conor schooled Nate on the feet until he gassed

MMA math is not valid, both we all can agree Conor McGregor is a better striker compared to Johnson, the guy who was able to punch Khabib a lot.

Conor against Aldo just needed one punch, Khabib allowed a lot against Johnson

Not when the elite striker wants to strike with you and the worse striker will do anything he can to avoid striking.

Aldo and Khabib are miles apart stylistically so your point is flawed... Conor via TKO though.

There's already a thread about this. It has 2 pages, that is where you post your reply, not creating a new thread.

I agree,

Aldo is also a legit GOAT at FW.

Khabib is forced to close the distance to dominate McDuck, that gives Conor a chance each time to land a brutal counter.

As I said in another thread, I think the guy is a piece of ducking shit - but credit is due when its due and doing that to Aldo deserves respect.

Khabib wont be striking much i would imagine.....

The MJ fight Khabib got cracked but he took it pretty well.

People over exaggerate how "Hurt" he was.

Last edited:
Aldo uncharacteristically threw everything he had on that without getting his timing or range.

Khabib is patient.

Not when Aldo leaps into the strike and knocks himself out.

Aldo uncharacteristically threw everything he had on that without getting his timing or range. Thats the risk you take when you throw without any caution.

Khabib is patient.
He's still got to quickly close the distance which leaves him really vulnerable...Nate was so sucessful because his head is filled with concrete, he could saftely press McDuck without risking a single shot KO.

On paper its a squash match but those split seconds Mcduck can counter worries me greatly.

That fucking cuck has made me eat crow more times than i'd like to admit.

He's still got to quickly close the distance which leaves him really vulnerable...Nate was so sucessful because his head is filled with concrete.

On paper its a squash match but those split seconds Mcduck can counter worries me greatly.

I aint worried. Aldo is a lot smaller than Conor. He took a huge gamble to throw that strike the way he did. Khabib may have shorter reach but he's 2 inches taller.

Khabib is not going to give him the counter, over extending throwing his right.

Aldo uncharacteristically threw everything he had on that without getting his timing or range.

Khabib is patient.
Not only that, but he had been practicing that same bull rush leaping left hook during his open workouts. People were worrying he was going to open like that because of all the anger and frustration Aldo carried into the fight. Sure enough, he did. And got blown the fuck out in record time (for a title fight).

Not only that, but he had been practicing that same bull rush leaping left hook during his open workouts. People were worrying he was going to open like that because of all the anger and frustration Aldo carried into the fight. Sure enough, he did. And got blown the fuck out in record time (for a title fight).
Yeah. Feinting with the right was a big mistake too.

Khabib is patient.
Aldo had thrown that exact combo MANY times in his career. Ppl act like he throws combos with utmost precision and simultaneous defense, but Aldo will throw like a brawler at times (pre-13s KO). He just never faced an elite counter puncher with as much range on him. I really hate this narrative that Aldo had steam coming out of his ears when they fought, which made him lose. Maybe in the leadup yeah, but on fight night Aldo looked nervous as hell.

Aldo had thrown that exact combo MANY times in his career. Ppl act like he throws combos with utmost precision and simultaneous defense, but Aldo will throw like a brawler at times (pre-13s KO). He just never faced an elite counter puncher with as much range on him. I really hate this narrative that Aldo had steam coming out of his ears when they fought, which made him lose. Maybe in the leadup yeah, but on fight night Aldo looked nervous as hell.
Stop quoting me. I dont want to talk at you.

He's still got to quickly close the distance which leaves him really vulnerable...Nate was so sucessful because his head is filled with concrete, he could saftely press McDuck without risking a single shot KO.

With the exception of a few guys in his career, Conor has rarely had that 1 hit KO power. He gets plenty of knockdowns and then follows up with combos on the way known or on the ground. In Nate 2, he was too scared to try following Nate to the ground again. Against Eddie he had no problems exerting pressure after a knock down. Nate trains under a legit boxing coach, spars with champion boxers, yet Conor was still able to connect on counters. So yeah, better hope Khabib doesn't get dropped because I think Conor is confident enough in his BJJ now to follow him down if needed.

Michael Johnson tagged Khabib A LOT in his fight, the russian looked rocked

Johnson is a great striker, but remember Nate whooped his ass (and was not because of cardio issues, Nate is just a better boxer)

Conor schooled Nate on the feet until he gassed

MMA math is not valid, both we all can agree Conor McGregor is a better striker compared to Johnson, the guy who was able to punch Khabib a lot.

Conor against Aldo just needed one punch, Khabib allowed a lot against Johnson
Ummm...MJ won the first by a clear margin. His output then decreased in round 2 and even more in round 3 which were the rounds he lost.

Can we see a connection?

Tagged him "A LOT", did he? He landed like one good punch that didn't drop or wobble him at all, and lost that round like 10-8 or 10-7. If that's what you're clinging to for hope, it's not a good sign.

A reasonable person would understand (I'm not trying to be rude) that Barbosa is a much better striker technically than Conor and he was decimated. Michael Johnson is hardly an example to use unless you are trying to argue that a power puncher with pretty solid wrestling was also decimated by Khabib. By a wide margin Edson Barbosa is the most comparable opponent Khabib has had in relation to Conor McGregor. That doesn't mean Conor can't win, it just means that more technical strikers have failed where Conor may or may not succeed.

Back