To everyone saying Schaub was not robbed -PBP Meta-data

Anyone saying that this was an equal or worse robbery than Pearson / Sanchez has to be blind. Nothing happened in the first two rounds of Schaub / Arlovski, literally like 10 punches each per round. Pearson tuned Sanchez up at a significantly higher pace in every single round. What a crazy statement.

I don't get why anyone would say 30-27 for Shaub is a joke. The first 2 rounds sucked and could have gone either way and he won the 3rd.

Anyone saying that this was an equal or worse robbery than Pearson / Sanchez has to be blind. Nothing happened in the first two rounds of Schaub / Arlovski, literally like 10 punches each per round. Pearson tuned Sanchez up at a significantly higher pace in every single round. What a crazy statement.

No shit. First 2 rounds could have gone either way. The only reason people are crying robbery is because the last round was so dominant for Shaub. But guess what, that's not how the scoring system works unfortunately. With a better scoring system suited for MMA, Shaub wins that fight no question. In the current system, that fight goes either way because no one did enough really to secure the first 2 rounds.

The fight wasn't good enough for me to care about the judges decision.

No shit. First 2 rounds could have gone either way. The only reason people are crying robbery is because the last round was so dominant for Shaub. But guess what, that's not how the scoring system works unfortunately. With a better scoring system suited for MMA, Shaub wins that fight no question. In the current system, that fight goes either way because no one did enough really to secure the first 2 rounds.

The 3rd round wasn't even that dominant he got top position and still got his face busted up by Arlovski. Schaub gets the knod in the 3rd but I wasn't impressed he left the ring looking like a mutant.

In that scenario, the fighting running may be imposing will, but he is also clearly not being the aggressor.

You can do better than that, yes?

Fighter a pushes fighter b against the cage bc he is looking for the takedown. He can not get the takedown and is forced to push fighter b against the cage. Fighter b is controlling bc fighter a can't get the td.

Fights can be judged and analyzed in soooo many ways even when going by the current scoring system.. its just too subjective

media scoring 10-10 rounds only invalidate their work because MMA judges just don't score rounds like that.

also Arlovski should always get a mandatory win if he reaches the judges against Schaub.

I know a lot of people dislike Schaub, and his performance was not impressive, but you should probably check your prejudices before claiming Arlovski as the rightful winner. I cannot find a single 'professional' commentator that agrees with the decision.

Sherdog - all 3 scored it for Schaub
MMAweekly - 30-27 Schaub
MMA Junkie - 30-27 Schaub
Bloody Elbow - 30-29 Schaub (with 2 10-10 rds.. which they admitted to be the first time they ever scored a fight this way)
Bleacher Report - 30-27 Schaub.

These are the only websites that I check often for play by plays... But if anyone wants to deep dive and find me someone that scored it for Arlovski.. heres your chance.

See, here's the deal. Sherdog, while they all gave it to Schaub, the judges disagreed on who won the first 2 rounds. BE gave two 10-10 rounds. I haven't read the other three, but your sources confirm that two rounds were very close and hard to score. You can argue the decision was wrong...I happen to agree with you, but in a fight with two close rounds, it's not a robbery to give both of those rounds to either guy.

Neither of them did much of anything, but in the 1st and 2nd AA was pressing forward. So I guess he was "controlling the octagon". Could have been a draw imo.

Yep. I had Schaub winning but since everyone hates him nobody will give a shit.

Schaub won, Arlovski lost, period. Face it Arlovski fan boys, your dude won a favorable decision. And this is a partisan opinion, I aint no Schaub fan.

This is one of those fights where I expect Sherdog's mouth breathing contingent to cry foul because it wasn't a split decision.

I thought Arlovski edged rounds 1 and 2. 29-28 AA.

I know a lot of people dislike Schaub, and his performance was not impressive, but you should probably check your prejudices before claiming Arlovski as the rightful winner. I cannot find a single 'professional' commentator that agrees with the decision.

Sherdog - all 3 scored it for Schaub
MMAweekly - 30-27 Schaub
MMA Junkie - 30-27 Schaub
Bloody Elbow - 30-29 Schaub (with 2 10-10 rds.. which they admitted to be the first time they ever scored a fight this way)
Bleacher Report - 30-27 Schaub.

These are the only websites that I check often for play by plays... But if anyone wants to deep dive and find me someone that scored it for Arlovski.. heres your chance.

Ok so on sherdog and on bloody elbow they agreed first 2 rounds were too close to call(bloody elbow scored them draws and sherdog had "judges" score 1st and 2nd rounds for both fighters)

You are also only displaying 5 out of like 20+.... seems very selective.

Nothing happened in the first 2 rounds, except arlovski landed the more significant harder strikes and he had schaub pressed up against the cage. SO he gets the first 2 rounds.

Schaub had to be transported to the hospital by the way and arlovski didn't have a mark on his face.

I don't need a website to tell me who won a fight I watched.

Yep. I had Schaub winning but since everyone hates him nobody will give a shit.

I like Schaub, but this was hardly a "robbery". It was a close, yet boring fight where both guys preferred to clinch so as to avoid the others bomb. We'll see more from both guys in their next match-up, or at least I hope so.

Back