To Conor fans: What was the first live event you watched on TV?

Not sure watched first few UFCs way back in the day but not live. Then forgot about the UFC. Then co workers were talking about it. Borrowed some pride DVDs then started watching again around tuf 4. Started watching PPV live at like 64 I think.

Were they there during his first two losses?

Damn you know you pissed this guy off when he makes his 17th post in 9 years

This shit is irritating! I have watched fights for a long long time. I don't find it necessary to point out I have watched fights longer than someone else. Its like a cock sizing contest, sadly anyone who does it probably has a tiny pecker.

UFC 98 was the first event I watched from start to finish but I had an interest a year or two before that

I loved watching Machida fight

UFC 47 Chuck vs Tito, but it wasn't actually live it was on tape delay on a shitty UK TV channel called Bravo.

Over the next couple of years I got hooked and went back downloading every event I could find (most of them) and I don't think I have missed an event in the last decade.

But I know that's not what you wanted to hear...

UFC 47 Chuck vs Tito, but it wasn't actually live it was on tape delay on a shitty UK TV channel called Bravo.

Over the next couple of years I got hooked and went back downloading every event I could find (most of them) and I don't think I have missed an event in the last decade.

But I know that's not what you wanted to hear...

Lol, Bravo. I think most people only watched that for topless darts.

I am not sure " Fan" is the word you're looking for, as a lot of us are fans of a lot of fighters but not to the extreme.

That being said UFC 46 was my first full event watched, was a GSP fan going forward.

Found Sherdog about 3 weeks before GSP VS BJ Penn 2, Conor Nate 2 had this site acting in a very similar fashion as it was during that time period.

I don't remember exactly, but I'm guessing it was somewhere in the UFC 50's. I'd seen snippets before, and played the game on Dreamcast, but it was probably around '04-'05 I started watching full cards.

All I know is the UFC org has more fair weather fad/trend followers than any other sport in the world, this is a fact...

I was watching MMA before it was called MMA.

And I am a Conor fan because the MMA world is more magical place with him in.

If Chael comes back too.... dear god, what a time to be a fan.

This has got to be one of the most self important op's for a while.

Fedor at some PRIDE event a long, long time ago.

Did not buy it. Was at a friends house in high school for it

Can people actually remember the first event they watched live on tv?

Im calling BS on everyone in this thread.. hell, I cant even remember what I had for dinner yesterday

I can whittle mine (actually watching live) to sometime post Serra/GSP (Which i didnt see) and pre Hardy/GSP (which I did see)

So somewhere between 2007-2010, probably whenever i got broadband fast enought to actually stream. until then it was bittorrent and waiting about a week for a single video file to download with the computer on 24/7

Last edited:

Im calling BS on everyone in this thread.. hell, I cant even remember what I had for dinner yesterday
haha, this. I was renting them at blockbuster in high school, then started watching live eventually when I had money. Who the fuck knows when the first one was.

Mine was a fairly historical MMA fight so it was easy to not forget.

Back