To anyone who doubts that Gus is the only fight that make sense...

The LHW is pretty fucked.
There are only two guys who deserve a title defense.
Gus, just because he is on a two winning streak and he was Jones' toughest opponent ever.
Volkan, because he is on a 5-6 winning streak.

Cormier just lost.
Teixeira lost against Gus.
Corey Anderson lost.
Misha lost.

There would be Shogun, because he is on a 3 winning streak. But his opponents were not well ranked and he is the 6th ranked contender. Also, given the way he lost his title against Jones, which was so badly...

So, either Gus, either Volkan. Either go fulll Conor and forget about defending titles and fight 40 years old steroid guys with lousy records, because the pay will be good. Not as good as Conor's, though.

For Jones now! Gus took the headkick like a champ and it didn't even faze him and didn't cry, let alone run away.

jones-v-gustafsson.jpg

Here he took Jones down like it was nothing!

tumblr_mtj1osH3pi1qaa8d1o1_250.gif

Here he almost took Jones' eye out!

bones-punched-by-gustafsson.gif

Here he outboxed him

Wv7UkUD.gif

This is the only guy who can give Jones a real fight! Everyone else got torched by Jones! Do you agree why Gus shouldn't fight this new guy?

I failed to realize how blatant the shorts grab was.

Some shameful shit

Volkan needs a fight he can win and Cormier would eat him alive. There are only 3 LHW on win streaks currently in the top 10, Volkan, Shogun and Gus. Let Volkan fight Krylov. He wins, he has beat another top 10 opponent and that sets him up better. Feeding guys on win streaks to Cormier is pointless and a waste. Even when Cormier beat him, he would never get another shot at Jones and we have another contender dropping off.
Krylov is not in the UFC anymore Sherbro. He was released a couple of months ago and even had a fight in Russia already. Idiot decision if you ask me, but they did it.

Shogun is scheduled to fight OSP 23rd of September. Could be a fight to make, but Shogun needs to win that first (and come out uninjured).

Glover would have made the most sence, but they scheduled him to face Cirkunov.

I agree that Cormier would whoop Volkan, but hey, if this guy thinks he's gonna beat Jones, he should beat Cormier as well.

The only other option is Jones sits on his ass until Brock is cleared and they can fight and in the meantime Gus fights Volkan. But I would rather see Jones vs Gus 2 until Brock's suspension is up.

For Jones now! Gus took the headkick like a champ and it didn't even faze him and didn't cry, let alone run away.

jones-v-gustafsson.jpg

Here he took Jones down like it was nothing!

tumblr_mtj1osH3pi1qaa8d1o1_250.gif

Here he almost took Jones' eye out!

bones-punched-by-gustafsson.gif

Here he outboxed him

Wv7UkUD.gif

This is the only guy who can give Jones a real fight! Everyone else got torched by Jones! Do you agree why Gus shouldn't fight this new guy?
The fight should happen, but don't bother selling us on the kick part. DC went the distance in the first fight and the kick was something they knew could end the fight with him.

Yes, ts, we all know Gustafsson won that fight.
Now let's see if they will make a rematch so we can have a new champion.
:)

TS I am not disputing that GUs should get the fight. I am however going to correct a common shertard mistake that all strikes land equally and if one guy gets KO'd and another does not you can judge their chins by it.

As an example I would ask you who you think had the better striking in their prime between BJ Penn and Mac Danzig?

And assuming you, like everyone else would say BJ, then why when BJ was landing relentlessly in his fight versus Joe Daddy he could not get the standing KO and yet Mac did this...

2.gif

You cannot assume Gus' chin is any better than Cormiers based on that picture you post.
If you watched that fight, you'll realize that Gus got kicked in the head couple of time just as hard as DC, but took it like nothing! Even when Rumble gave him the headbutt/punch behind the ear, he still wasn't out! So, what were you trying to say?

Gus already won that fight, no reason to hospitalized Jones again..

1231627_534263456653465_1449401384_n.jpg

Greatest fight of all time. No doubt about it.

The striking between the both of them was smooth, powerful, fast, versatile, and busy.

The grappling between the two was grueling, also versatile, shockingly competitive, and also busy.

Both guys hurt, both guys bloody, took the fight everywhere and went all 5 rounds.

And in my opinion the best quality a fight can have, the momentum growing larger and larger with each round which is why I think Lawler vs Rory 2 was so great.

I want to see rumble KO jones.

But if that fight can't get made than Gus is the best option

I want to see rumble KO jones.

But if that fight can't get made than Gus is the best option
Rumble is without a doubt extremely dangerous fight for anyone, but no heart after some ground & pound!

It's the fight to make.

But they'll select the money fight vs Brock.
This seems like a lot of hurdles to clear. He needs to wait out his suspension, somehow get a USADA exemption (after failing post fight after his last exemption), actually want to fight again (stated he doesn't) and the athletic commission would need to clear this match (easiest of the hurdles).

Let Jones embarrass Brock for one more easy payday. On the same card you can have Volkan torch Gus

Gus earned his first title fight, six fight win streak.
People saying otherwise seem to forget that the only asses Jon had left to kick were Gus and Tex.
He do not deserve the second, but ufc had to make a quick fight on short notice for Cormier
I feel that this fight is the only fight the UFC can market at 205, given the competitive nature of their first fight.
If Jon wins he can test he, against Brock or another guy, then comeback to fight the Volkan and maybe Rumble if becomes back and has a tune up.
After that the cupboard is completely empty at lhw.

This is what is wrong with the Light Heavy division.... same fights all the time. Need new blood, this Gus-Jones thing is so 4 years ago.

If you watched that fight, you'll realize that Gus got kicked in the head couple of time just as hard as DC, but took it like nothing! Even when Rumble gave him the headbutt/punch behind the ear, he still wasn't out! So, what were you trying to say?

Go watch the BJ Penn V Joe Daddy fight and then the Mac Danzig versus Joe Daddy fight and learn something important that obviously you have no clue about.

BJ pounds the living piss out of Joe Daddy landing devastating shot after devastating shot and no one would have been surprised if Joe Daddy fell and got KO'd.

Mac Danzig lands the weakest most feeble looking shot and Joe drops like a brick.

So understand that several factors including exactly what the opponent is doing at the time and where the shot lands EXACTLY matter as much as the blow itself.

You can never, NEVER, assume that two blows in two different fights were equal in a way that shows how one guys chin is verses anothers. That is an amateur shertard mistake that so many guys ignorant of fighting simply do not understand.

what an amazing fight, would love to see it again with better cardio from Gus this time.

Alas, its more likely he'll fight Lesnar for a payday.
Gus's heart also needs cardio training. Fades in championship rounds.

Back