To anyone who doubts that Gus is the only fight that make sense...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For Jones now! Gus took the headkick like a champ and it didn't even faze him and didn't cry, let alone run away.

jones-v-gustafsson.jpg

Here he took Jones down like it was nothing!

tumblr_mtj1osH3pi1qaa8d1o1_250.gif

Here he almost took Jones' eye out!

bones-punched-by-gustafsson.gif

Here he outboxed him

Wv7UkUD.gif

This is the only guy who can give Jones a real fight! Everyone else got torched by Jones! Do you agree why Gus shouldn't fight this new guy?

It's the fight to make.

But they'll select the money fight vs Brock.

This is the only guy who can give Jones a real fight!
There are many guys who can givel Jones a real fight, they are named:

Stipe Miocic
Alistair Overeem
Fabricio Werdum
Cain Velasquez
Junior Dos Santos

possibly also

Francis Ngannou
Ben Rothwell
Josh Barnett
Brock Lesnar

:D

Best fight in UFC history(not that Griffin v Bonnar nonsense) except maybe Shogun-Hendo I but this was a title fight.

People forget this fight was so popular that Jones and Gus ended up on the UFC video game's cover. Now we got a bunch of noobs who honestly think Jones v Lesnar would be a more interesting matchup

what an amazing fight, would love to see it again with better cardio from Gus this time.

Alas, its more likely he'll fight Lesnar for a payday.

Awesome fight for sure, but 49-46 Jones

Finishes Gus in the rematch

I want Jones vs HW

How many title shots do we need to gift Gus before his fans admit that hes not an elite fighter? If he beats Volkan, he can actually make a case for having earned a title shot (for once)

i dont like this fight cause if Gus loses he might as well retire or fight out his contract and leave the UFC.

and Volkan i think has earned it with 3 straight top 10 wins. Hell thats more then Gus has in his career plus he has had 2 titleshots already and lost to the champ without showing enough to re-earn another titleshot.

i cant stand quick rematches/trilogies in Boxing it would be spread over a few years for a rematch and 6-10 for a 3rd fight and let the build up slowly generate let the fighters have enough time between fights that there is no mental edge still left lingering. eg. see Woodley-Wonderboy for a guy who didnt have enough time between fights to correct issues and basically got in the same type of fight and couldnt pull the trigger at all. waste of a potentially great rematch cause it was rushed.

Gus vs Volkan is the fight id like to see and if Gus turns it down just make Volkan vs Jones

Volkan vs Jones

Someone new.

Gus just doesnt have the big win lately.

Its all about one time now

I would love to see Jones vs Gus II

Volkan can fight Cormier, since Glover - the only other top 5 guy - is already scheduled to fight Cirkunov.

But, if the UFC & Jones have set their mind to make the Brock fight first (and can do so in the near future, not waiting the entire 6 months of Brock's suspension), make Gus vs Volkan for the number 1 contender spot.

I would love to see the rematch, but I feel Gus just can't get it done in the fights that matter. He'd probably be finished this time around.

It is a well know fact that the LHW division has bare cabinets as far as true contenders for the belt and a lot is due to Jon Jones being a freak of nature.
The guy looks like a monster and he makes 205 with a reach loner than his opponents and that is counting both arms, very awkward dude so finding
a legitimate opponent won't be easy and Gus fits the bill as good as any so.

Agreed, Gus is the best match up. I mean, he already won once!!!

I would love to see Jones vs Gus II

Volkan can fight Cormier, since Glover - the only other top 5 guy - is already scheduled to fight Cirkunov.

But, if the UFC & Jones have set their mind to make the Brock fight first (and can do so in the near future, not waiting the entire 6 months of Brock's suspension), make Gus vs Volkan for the number 1 contender spot.

Volkan needs a fight he can win and Cormier would eat him alive. There are only 3 LHW on win streaks currently in the top 10, Volkan, Shogun and Gus. Let Volkan fight Krylov. He wins, he has beat another top 10 opponent and that sets him up better. Feeding guys on win streaks to Cormier is pointless and a waste. Even when Cormier beat him, he would never get another shot at Jones and we have another contender dropping off.

TS I am not disputing that GUs should get the fight. I am however going to correct a common shertard mistake that all strikes land equally and if one guy gets KO'd and another does not you can judge their chins by it.

As an example I would ask you who you think had the better striking in their prime between BJ Penn and Mac Danzig?

And assuming you, like everyone else would say BJ, then why when BJ was landing relentlessly in his fight versus Joe Daddy he could not get the standing KO and yet Mac did this...

2.gif

You cannot assume Gus' chin is any better than Cormiers based on that picture you post.

For Jones now! Gus took the headkick like a champ and it didn't even faze him and didn't cry, let alone run away.

jones-v-gustafsson.jpg

Here he took Jones down like it was nothing!

tumblr_mtj1osH3pi1qaa8d1o1_250.gif

Here he almost took Jones' eye out!

bones-punched-by-gustafsson.gif

Here he outboxed him

Wv7UkUD.gif

This is the only guy who can give Jones a real fight! Everyone else got torched by Jones! Do you agree why Gus shouldn't fight this new guy?
Cus Gus is a loser on a massive 2 win streak. Gus has lost every single important fight in his life, including a criminal trial. Gus is a whiney self entitled middle of the pack incomplete mixed martial artist. Tell me why he deserves another chance at the most complete, best looking, smartest, strongest, absolute best mixed martial artist we'll ever see?

Are people seriously retarded with this Lesnar thing?It would be mandatory that he goes through 6 months of testing and he'd still have to get all the shit out of his system before that starts,plus have a camp and get out of this WWE stuff.It would be at least a year probably longer.They can make that stupid fight after he fights Gus or someone.Use your brains lol

I'd say fuck the fights to make and just bring in the money fights. belts mean nothing, and Jones is probably going to lose it again outside of the octagon

Back