To all you saying Ortiz-Sonnen was FIXED, you're giving in too easily...

I get that feeling all to often during Bellator main events. It's not just a coincidence. Especially when these types of fights don't happen in any other major org.
I completely agree. It was Bob Sapp tier.

I'm not saying that the fight was a fix, I'm just saying that it "appeared" like a poorly choreographed fix....

If they were going to fix the fight it should have been a much better fight

see below for an example of a fixed fight

anigif_enhanced-26804-1403728277-12.gif
Did he dieded?

Here is my opinion, Chael has never been one to push through it, if you get what I mean. Usually a man can tell who is the stronger of the two immediately after their first tie up. Chael most likely got the best of Tito in the beginning due to his technique. However strength wise he knew he was out matched. When Tito moved to full mount, Chael knew soon he would look like hamburgler. Tito's best aspect in his glory days was GNP, Chael opted for the give my back and slowly give my neck approach. In order to get out of there with minor injuries and a paycheck.

I said from the moment the fight was signed that Tito would beat him.

I love the idea that Sherdoggers have in their deluded minds that Chael is or ever was better than Tito. I have never beet a Tito Ortiz fan but Tito unquestionably had the better career.

That shit is so laughable and shows how many newbs post here.

I said from the moment the fight was signed that Tito would beat him.

I love the idea that Sherdoggers have in their deluded minds that Chael is or ever was better than Tito. I have never beet a Tito Ortiz fan but Tito unquestionably had the better career.

That shit is so laughable and shows how many newbs post here.
Tito being better than Chael doesn't change the fact the fight looked dodgy as hell.

I don't trust a fight that is flown under the bellator banner and seems fishy. It happens way too often over there. Shamrock Gracie, Shamrock Kimbo and Kimbo Dada. All of those fights had the worst hype, and their entrances and pre cage drama antics are reminiscent of the WWE. Then they either end in controversy or really shitty submissions. It's a pattern and I'm not falling for it. Why are other fights and their endings very similar to Tito's and Sonnen's? It's a pattern and people are too naive to want to recognize it.
Some people just want to watch the world burn. Others play the fiddle while the world is burning. The third kind are the more devious: they don't want the world to burn, they just enjoy the warmth of the fire.

They're the worst kind and Bellator fans are definitely among them...

Why? What would be the difference if he won?
People would think Tito's actually better than him but instead he was clearly out of shape so it leaves room for "well Chael was out of shape" talk.

People would think Tito's actually better than him but instead he was clearly out of shape so it leaves room for "well Chael was out of shape" talk.
Why would Chael have known he was supposed to lose?? Who gains from Tito winning (besides Tito)?

Why would Chael have known he was supposed to lose?? Who gains from Tito winning (besides Tito)?

Chael if he has associates betting against him. They can't lose if Chael does nothing to win.

Tito being better than Chael doesn't change the fact the fight looked dodgy as hell.

So Coker is going to risk his entire organization to fix a fight for Tito, and trust that the biggest loudmouth in mma history will keep it a secret?

And why the fuck would they give Chael the loss when he just signed a 6 fight deal? If they were going to fix it, it would've been so that Chael won so they could promote him more for his next fight (ie more $$$).

Also, Chael's face was turning purple, and Chael is Chael, he has a history of giving up when it comes to submissions.

I think Chael came in unprepared and out of shape (as he's done for his last few fights), knew he wouldn't have the cardio to last, went for a couple quick submissions, and when they didn't work, he gave up, in typical Chael fashion. Also, he's a MW fighting a LHW gorilla who is known to be very powerful for his size.

Chael Sonnen getting submitted for the 8th time in his career might be the least suspect outcome imaginable.

What is wrong with these crazy tin foil people?

Try to be somewhat reasonable, have SOME semblance of rational inference instead of jumping on the conspiracy bandwagon.

Here are the possibilities.

1. Neck crank (as suggested by post fight journalists)
2. Blood choke (as suggested by Bas Rutten)
3. Chael didn't train very well (ala "beer and hotdogs" Penn) and panicked when cornered -PROBABLY THE MOST LIKELY
4. Chael threw the fight after a half-assed effort
5. Fixed from the top, with the knowledge of both fighters and administration.

Now being the social media savvy Sherdoggers we all are, we should recognize how fast memes can spread, how easily rumors reverberate through the internets. Some doofus contrarian doesn't like how it ended and probably was poised to call it a fix and probably had already made up his mind that it was to be fixed before the event....YES! Sherdog Forums members and users of the most eloquent YouTube community were speculating it "would be" a fix before the fight actually occurred. How ironic, huh?

There is a precedent to number 3, by the way; Chael may have tapped without much pressure when Anderson Silva caught him in that triangle-armbar.

Bottom line: Crazy shit happens--remember Aldo "falling" from McGregor's counter? This event is much more mundane and yet careful analysis is thrown to the wind in favor of an unproven conspiracy theory.
Andersons arm bar was legit, chael only got out because the ref grabbed them and Anderson let up.

Stellar points made. You two barely seem like 12 year old bitches.

Lol his reason for what made it a fix above every other possibility reminds me of a 12 year old's line of argument.

Chael fought and folded in typical Chael fashion. Literally nothing shady about it.

WTF are you talking about?
Chael showed tons of heart against both Jones and Rashad.
He hung in there like a champ and weathered the storm. Almost beat Jones too, a few seconds away from beating Jones.

So Coker is going to risk his entire organization to fix a fight for Tito, and trust that the biggest loudmouth in mma history will keep it a secret?

And why the fuck would they give Chael the loss when he just signed a 6 fight deal? If they were going to fix it, it would've been so that Chael won so they could promote him more for his next fight (ie more $$$).

Also, Chael's face was turning purple, and Chael is Chael, he has a history of giving up when it comes to submissions.

I think Chael came in unprepared and out of shape (as he's done for his last few fights), knew he wouldn't have the cardio to last, went for a couple quick submissions, and when they didn't work, he gave up, in typical Chael fashion. Also, he's a MW fighting a LHW gorilla who is known to be very powerful for his size.
Nowhere did I say that Coker fixed the fight. I said the fight looked dodgy as hell. Which it did, hence why there's a group of people thinking it was a fix. I don't have enough evidence to say it was or not, so I can't say either way. To my eyes though, it just felt off. Also, just because a fight may be fixed, doesn't mean it's the boss doing it. As I've said earlier in the thread. Just look at Bob Sapp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back