To all you saying Ortiz-Sonnen was FIXED, you're giving in too easily...

Venom

Lurker since '09
@Silver
Reaction score
Try to be somewhat reasonable, have SOME semblance of rational inference instead of jumping on the conspiracy bandwagon.

Here are the possibilities.

1. Neck crank (as suggested by post fight journalists)
2. Blood choke (as suggested by Bas Rutten)
3. Chael didn't train very well (ala "beer and hotdogs" Penn) and panicked when cornered -PROBABLY THE MOST LIKELY
4. Chael threw the fight after a half-assed effort
5. Fixed from the top, with the knowledge of both fighters and administration.

Now being the social media savvy Sherdoggers we all are, we should recognize how fast memes can spread, how easily rumors reverberate through the internets. Some doofus contrarian doesn't like how it ended and probably was poised to call it a fix and probably had already made up his mind that it was to be fixed before the event....YES! Sherdog Forums members and users of the most eloquent YouTube community were speculating it "would be" a fix before the fight actually occurred. How ironic, huh?

There is a precedent to number 3, by the way; Chael may have tapped without much pressure when Anderson Silva caught him in that triangle-armbar.

Bottom line: Crazy shit happens--remember Aldo "falling" from McGregor's counter? This event is much more mundane and yet careful analysis is thrown to the wind in favor of an unproven conspiracy theory.

I don't think it was fixed, Lord Chael isn't there anymore mentally

If they were going to fix the fight it should have been a much better fight

see below for an example of a fixed fight

anigif_enhanced-26804-1403728277-12.gif

Or Chael is that washed up. Equally likely.
To be honest, Tito was always a fantastic wrestler with strong submissions. He built the UFC into what is has become today, except for the stupid shenanigans. He fought for free in his first UFC appearance, became the most dominate champion the sport had ever seen, treated fans and training partners well, but got older eventually. Old man strengrh Tito showed up against Chael.

It was good booking for Tito to go over.

Chael knew he was supposed to lose so he showed up in terrible shape so it wasn't as embarrassing.

Definitely a fix. I thought Chael got robbed. He won that fight easily.

Why does everyone saying it's not a fix think it all boils down to who people think is better?

I don't like either fighter or feel one is better than the other. And I don't have to to know that shit was pro wrestling levels of staged.

Why does everyone saying it's not a fix think it all boils down to who people think is better?

False.
And strong hasty generalization.

I don't like either fighter or feel one is better than the other. And I don't have to to know that shit was pro wrestling levels of staged.

Translation: "I know it's true because my heart tells me it's true and there's nothing you can say to make me think otherwise [even when it is only one and not the most likely of explanations]"

False.
Translation: "I know it's true because my heart tells me it's true and there's nothing you can say to make me think otherwise [even when it is only one and not the most likely of explanations]"

I am a better translator than you brah. This is what he really said.

Translation: "I am a stupid idiot."

To be honest, Tito was always a fantastic wrestler with strong submissions. He built the UFC into what is has become today, except for the stupid shenanigans. He fought for free in his first UFC appearance, became the most dominate champion the sport had ever seen, treated fans and training partners well, but got older eventually. Old man strengrh Tito showed up against Chael.

I'm a reasonable dude. Therefore I won't let one ridiculous thought derail an otherwise well put argument.

Back