To all the annoying 'Brock doesnt deserve it' people

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Individualthoughtpatterns, Jul 10, 2018.

1. snackgod

snackgod Black Belt

when a person can get a title shot from beating denis siver than any one can get a title shot

Mike and Tchernobog like this.
  2. Oooxente

Oooxente I have a badge.my life is complete.

Really?
    You using a Fail Tronnen video as an argument ?

Bork doesn’t deserve it.
    Its a fact.

He is a huge cash cow and WME have to pay those Billions.
    IDC,UFC became a cheap version of the Org. DFW used to make fun off.

3. Mike

Mike Apathetic Belt

Yep. Brock got his first shot when he was 1-1 in the ufc. In fucking 2008. People act like this is something new. Couture got a shot coming off of a loss. So did Diaz. People that sell get more opportunities.

For some reason people act like prize fighting should be all based on merit. Well that isn't how things work in reality. They're a business. People that sell have ALWAYS gotten more opportunities.

Mammothman and CptHowdy187 like this.
  4. flairleguccijoints

flairleguccijoints Blue Belt

and yet, you won't see a fucking dime of this money, so what exactly is your motivation?

To all the annoying "it brings in money fans", because I refuse to believe your fans of the sport, what exactly has you creating threads and defending this bullshit this way? You ain't seeing any of the money the UFC will bring in, what is motivating you?

And its also telling you're not exactly discussing the fight, because you have no idea what the hell kind of fighter Brock is. His record sure as hell can't tell me anything.

Axefan4life and WarDronx like this.
  5. WarDronx

WarDronx Orange Belt

Just sad... The way some people defend this shit... Disappointing....

TIMELESS TRUTH and Tchernobog like this.
  6. Nurse Joy

Nurse Joy Lover, fighter, cut man,nurse, aspiring chef.

I wish it was a sport. I should be a sport. The fact that people don’t see it as such is the problem.

WarDronx and Mike like this.
  7. Mike

Mike Apathetic Belt

I wish it was a sport too. And I used to get mad like some of the people itt. But I've been watching a long time now, seeing guys like Brock, Diaz, Conor, get shots they have no business getting. The Fertittas seemed to care more about legitimacy, or at least the appearance of it, than WME does. It's only about the best guy getting a shot when that lines up with making the most money. Chael was a good example of that.

And we can go back over a decade, and it was still that way. the reality is it will NEVER be a sport without a fighters union. And the ufc will fight like hell to prevent that for as long as they can.

Nurse Joy likes this.
  8. green giant

green giant Honor still means something................

Why wouldn't he say that, he talked his way into fights too when he didn't deserve it. Sonnon is a fake just like brock. Crazy how all the roid heads stick up for the other roid heads.

9. LockardTheGOAT

LockardTheGOAT Sherdog's Intellectual Savior

zzzzzzz...

A guy getting a title shot coming off a drug suspension (and being 0-2 in his couple fights before that) is a special kind of desperate. Of course it isn't a surprise given how the UFC run things but that doesn't invalidate peoples criticisms of it either.

10. Eme

Eme White Belt

I'm okay with Lesnar's title shot. I will watch it. I'm just concerned what will happen if Lesnar wins. If he defends it against top challenger everything's fine. But if just leaves, it will be bad for the sport.

11. PommyBen

PommyBen Wistfull With A Fist-Full

Call yourself 'individualthoughtpattern' and dont have your own opinion..

Fucking idiot ..

12. Blocker

Blocker Blue Belt

Quite frankly...who deserves it then?

Why not Lesnar.

13. Judoka1532

Judoka1532 Judoka1532

I for one think DC should fight whoever he wants.Ok maybe not CM punk but people are crazy if they don't think Lesnar could come out and win. Will he? My money is on DC (he just made me $175 btw) but lesnar still has a chance. We're talking about a guy who's entered the octagon with very little mma experience and by all means was actually pretty dang successful. Now, was Brock's path to the title easier....? of course it was but at the end of the day he beat couture, mir, carwin, Hunt (with an *), heath herring. I mean that's a pretty good resume for somebody who jumps into the ufc off of 1 fight. Brock is also a huge fan draw, and I for one will still buy into his fights just to see what happens.

It's like the maymac fight-> we all had a pretty good idea who would win but we still tuned in didn't we? Because it's not always about the outcome, it's the uniqueness of a fight that draws us.

And yea I'm tired of everybody that has the "new information" that the post fight was an act Saturday night. Of course it was, and Lesnar did it nicely.

14. horseshoe_pass man

horseshoe_pass man Orange Belt

he deserves it on merit and on business. he is a ufc legend who defended the belt twice and then went down with diverticulitis. hes not some nobody who was ranked 16th when he left. he went out more or less on top. It's like if Ali came back after an 8 year hiatus. he would get an instant title shot. Doesn't fucking matter if it's been 8 years

15. Blocker

Blocker Blue Belt

That’s arguably a better resume than DC...

Judoka1532 likes this.
  16. Judoka1532

Judoka1532 Judoka1532

Well DC has imho a better resume. But Brock's is better than a lot of other hw's....

17. Individualthoughtpatterns

Individualthoughtpatterns Orange Belt

Dickhead check my message history. I was saying this before the video came out. What a complete tool you are. And very low intelligence.

18. Mike

Mike Apathetic Belt

Well who said they can't criticize it? It's the acting like they don't understand the business reasons at all, or like this hasn't been how they've operated for a long time, that is silly.

19. youllneverwalkalone

youllneverwalkalone Blue Belt

Brilliant analogy! :)

20. Ozze

Ozze Black Belt

But this doesn't change the fact that Brock doesn't deserve it.
    We all know why they'll try to put it togheter and we can all understand.

But neither TS, nor his video, gave a reason to why he deserves it.
    Plus, Brock is not a novelty anymore. People already saw him, he's beatable, he's not the top guy.

Anyways, at least Cormier will make some good money, so in that case Chael is right.