TMZ Sports: Woodley called the UFC out for setting a bad example for upcoming fighters and kids

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Woodley basically said the UFC set a bad example for upcoming fighters and kids by rewarding Conor's bus attack with promo, showing the attack to make him appear like a larger than life "mobster", and that the UFC need to get back to the sport of Mixed Martial Art:

Do you agree or disagree with Woodley?

Woodley is 100% right. He's not even hating, he's just telling it as it is.

Dana and McGregor have turned what should be a real sport into WWE. You have idiots like Covington following suit, because they see the formula gets rewarded.

It's what real mma purist fight fans have been saying for years, props to Woodley for holding the ufc circus accountable. He has been growing on me for awhile and this cements it.

Last edited:
I remember just a few months ago when I felt the need to metaphorically duck when exclaiming that I was a Tyron Woodley fan.

Everyone knows the real reason why Woodley is so bitter about Conor.

8aca3365582649c59a1633cc65096d8c.png

{<jordan}

I'd care but he's telling this to TMZ who is an even bigger joke than the WWE. How are you gunna hate the one dude that is keeping this sport thriving.

I am starting to warm up to the guy.

I remember just a few months ago when I felt the need to metaphorically duck when exclaiming that I was a Tyron Woodley fan.

The Chosen Ones are growing by the day. Soon they will be only second to Platinum Nation as the largest fan base on Sherdog.

I'd care but he's telling this to TMZ who is an even bigger joke than the WWE. How are you gunna hate the one dude that is keeping this sport thriving.

I think Tyron has always given credit to Conor as a great showman and self-promoter who has helped the sport gain in popularity. He's just pointing out that it's gone too far with the Bus attack, and not even McGregor should not be allowed to get away with felonies and criminal assaults in the name of promoting the sport.

Now Conor and Conor wannabes like Colby Covington think they can get away with anything.

Last edited:
Well yea.

I find it very funny to have Dana "so mad and disappointed" in that video in the back room after the incident but then a few days later put it in an embedded episode and then fully promote it for Conor's comeback.

<{danawhoah}><31><{danayeah}><Dana05>

Woodley's right in a sense, but MMA isn't MMA without crazy characters and larger than life personalities. If it was a bunch of guys like Wonderboy and Sage saying yes sir and no sir, it would be no fun.

All the decent family men in the ufc said the same thing, Stipe etc

Woodley basically said the UFC set a bad example for upcoming fighters and kids by rewarding Conor's bus attack with promo, showing the attack to make him appear like a larger than life "mobster", and that the UFC need to get back to the sport of Mixed Martial Art:

Do you agree or disagree with Woodley?

He is right. But this sort of stuff needs to come from GSP or somebody respected by fans, fighters and media.

Woodley's right in a sense, but MMA isn't MMA without crazy characters and larger than life personalities. If it was a bunch of guys like Wonderboy and Sage saying yes sir and no sir, it would be no fun.

Ali went to jail because of his stand on racism and war. He was colorful and assaulted people in a ring. Conor avoided jail because he’s a POS in a POS corrupt legal system, aka NY.

Ali went to jail because of his stand on racism and war. He was colorful and assaulted people in a ring. Conor avoided jail because he’s a POS in a POS corrupt legal system, aka NY.

I don't dispute any of that. But UFC gonna UFC and nobody is going to stop them. I don't agree with the tactics of using the bus incident for hype, but it will make them more money with the casuals.

Back