TJs Coaching vs Codys

Durr T Sanchez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One of the reasons TJ mentioned for leaving TAM is he didnt like how there wasn't a real head trainer and how disorganized the training was. It was more like they were responsible for training themselves and Master Tong was the Muay Thai guy who was becoming unreliable. If you look at Duane, he has a great system that he learned from Bas. Its very organized and Duane is obsessive over fine details. Watching TUF highlights a major difference between the two coaching styles and it reflects what TJ was talking about.

Yeah when I heard that i wasn't surprised at all, there just a bunch of bros who say shit like "gotta be hungry"

It's easy to see why TJ wanted to leave, he has to look out for his own interests and made the right choice. It's almost like they're making this season just to show us all that TJ was right and justified in his decision.

Team Beta Fail acts like TJ was the first fighter ever to change the gym and hurt their little feelings by sticking to the guy who made him champion. I find it quite pathetic.

Last edited:
Cody's coaching? All I've seen so far is him talking about how inspirational they all are and how much he loves them but how much he hates losing. Oh yeah, and bobbing.

Everyone knows professional mma athletes train with one gym for 30 consecutive years minimum, aren't allowed to live more than 700 feet from the building and don't go out to eat they just drink xyience and eat the packed turkey sandwich lunch TAM prepared for them each morning

It's hard to tell from the show who is being coached better. Its not like practice consists of watching UFC Unleashed. That said TJ might very well have the better coaching staff, but I think he won the fighter draft for sure. Ol Cody put himself in a deficit day 1.

That said TJ might very well have the better coaching staff, but I think he won the fighter draft for sure. Ol Cody put himself in a deficit day 1.

I think that's the real key and also a sign that TJ does in fact have the better staff. The fact that TJ's picks were so much better makes me feel like he and his staff just did a much better job of evaluating the guys prior to that picks. That's usually a sign of a coaching staff that really knows what they're doing.

Wonder how much peanut butter Bang was able to sell during the whole filming process.

It's hard to tell from the show who is being coached better. Its not like practice consists of watching UFC Unleashed. That said TJ might very well have the better coaching staff, but I think he won the fighter draft for sure. Ol Cody put himself in a deficit day 1.

it's hard to tell anything about the coaching when they refuse to show clips from practice in anything longer than a three second burst

can't be revealing the secrets of basic grappling drills

TJ seems like a great coach IMO. He seems invested and has helped every fighter win.

I think this is pretty true overall. 1st pick Seth Baczynski losing really got them off to a bad start. Considering how long Baczynski was in the UFC, he should have been able to beat an older, smaller, 7th pick Gilbert Smith.

Picking Hector Urbina was retarded. How did they not see that the guy was in dogshit shape???

The other fighters couldn't stop the takedown or couldn't pull the trigger. A bigger and stronger Eddie Gordon (with a strong wrestling background and way better standup) put forth a pretty weak effort against a smaller, grappling based opponent. Mehdi Baghdad couldn't stop getting taken down. Hassar couldn't stop the takedowns of his teammate who was supposed to be an "easy fight". Nunez looked way undersized against Krause.

If Nijem had any chin at all I'd say he beats Lane as well but we know Nijem can be KO'ed so we'll see.

Alpha Male has some great talent, but TUF 25 is not a good look for them at all.

I'd go crazy if I was on Codys team and if a guy turned up claiming that inflating a balloon up my nose was beneficial I'd politely refuse to let him do it.
That seems as much quack science as the idiotic nasal strips people used to wear.

Now his team can all breathe better. Wtf was that.

Faber with his little hobbit feet, lol

TJ's team actually give solid advice and strats. Cody reminds me of Edmond (Ronda's coach). Just barking orders without saying how.
"i want you to throw jab to body and jab to head"
"get out"
"throw hands"

blah blah blah

TJ;s is going to sweep Cody *knock on wood*

I'd go crazy if I was on Codys team and if a guy turned up claiming that inflating a balloon up my nose was beneficial I'd politely refuse to let him do it.
That seems as much quack science as the idiotic nasal strips people used to wear.
Yeah my snake oil detector went off right away when I saw that shit. And as expected, after a quick google search, it's pseudo scientific bullshit.

Cody's coaching seems to consist of pumping his guys up and convincing them they're gonna win because reasons.

You can tell by the way TJ interacts with his team that he has been coached well ergo understands good coaching and is himself very thoughtful and perceptive about fighting.

Cody just fucked up his whole team with that nose balloon bullshit. A chiropractor pioneered that procedure...not a doctor...A fucking chiropractor!!!

Cody just fucked up his whole team with that nose balloon bullshit. A chiropractor pioneered that procedure...not a doctor...A fucking chiropractor!!!
Spine warlocks, as someone so excellently put it in another thread.
But yeah, the second I saw that shit my bullshit radar went off, and after some quick research it was fairly obvious that it's pseudo scientific shite.

Back