TJ sucking and blowing (reprobating and approbating) about title shots

hot carl

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
On Sherdog main page, there’s an interview with tj and Ariel.

Tj, on the one hand, says that cogar doesn’t deserve an immediate rematch because he was koed and never defended a belt.

Fair point.

He goes on to say that this is a sport and that contenders and having fighters work their way through the challengers and earning the chance to fight for the belt is appropriate.

Also a fair point.

He then discussed a fight with Demetrius Johnson and says he wants the chance to be 2 weight champ and wants this super fight.

Oh?

Tj has not fought at that weight class, is not a contender or competitor in that weight class, hasn’t worked his way to be a contender or the #1 ranked contender in that weight class.

Plot thickens.

He doesn’t think Cody has done enough to work his way up the ladder to earn a rematch title fight, yet he wants immediate title shot in a different weight class.

He also pointed out that he had to beat ranked fighters for 2 years to get crack at the belt he lost via split decision to dom.

Is he speaking out of both sides of his mouth?

Last edited:
I'd be happy to see TJ vs DJ.

I'd also be happy to see TJ vs Cogar 2.

There aren't many interesting fights at midgetweights, but both of those (as well as a fight with Dom) are very interesting. Fuck working your way up in shit divisions with very few legitimate contenders. Make the best fights while you can.

Any combination of DJ/TJ/Cogar/Dom should be welcomed.

I lost my train of thought when I pictured TJ sucking and blowing

#nohomo

Yeah MM does him no favors anyway. Even if he wins he loses for being a bully. If he loses he's a laughing stock.

He needs to get loss back from Dom. And yes Cody needs to pay his dues. Lineker would be a barn burner.

Thats the point of superfights.
Champions challenging champions from different weight classes.

FLW doesnt have anybody matching Mighty Mouse and BW doesnt have clear nr1 contender so why not make this fight.

Good call TS, defo a double standard.

I think if they do fight it should be a catchweight, otherwise it will pretty much destroy the flw div if Tj wins the belt

On Sherdog main page, there’s an interview with tj and Ariel.

Tj, on the one hand, says that cogar doesn’t deserve an immediate rematch because he was koed and never defended a belt.

Fair point.

He goes on to say that this is a sport and that contenders and having fighters work their way through the challengers and earning the chance to fight for the belt is appropriate.

Also a fair point.

He then discussed a fight with DM and says he wants the chance to be 2 weight champ and wants this super fight.

Oh?

Tj has not fought at that weight class, is not a contender or competitor in that weight class, hasn’t worked his way to be a contender or the #1 ranked contender in that weight class.

Plot thickens.

He doesn’t think Cody has done enough to work his way up the ladder to earn a rematch title fight, yet he wants immediate title shot in a different weight class.

He also pointed out that he had to beat ranked fighters for 2 years to get crack at the belt he lost via split decision to dom.

Is he speaking out of both sides of his mouth?

IMO, once you gain control of the belt in one division, you should automatically be considered a contender in any other division. That goes for all UFC title holders.

If Holloway went up to 155 and fought for the title immediately, that'd be great.

As long you are a champ, I think it's cool.

I think being the champion of the weight class above qualifies you for a title shot in a division where not any top contenders havn’t already been whooped by DJ.

Tj just can't accept that he lost to dom and he was almost knocked out in round 1 vs Cody so that's why a rematch makes sense. I don't care if he fights mighty mouse, Cody or Jimmy. Just rather watch fights then listen to this whiney drama

I think he has fair points across the board. DJ hasn't been seriously challenged in a minute and is basically looking at mis-matches or rematches in his division, (and he has been calling for a mega fight for some time now). Cody lost to TJ decisively and would likely be better off with at least 1 win before a rematch. Would honestly make more sense for DJ to come up... but he is still not satisfied with his legacy at FLW yet and has dug his feet in. I don't think anyone would be upset to see DJ get an immediate title shot at BW... with the exception of sherbros who inevitably have a problem with most match ups. Checks out to me...

TJ/DJ is a legit superfight. Highest combined skill level in MMA ever, maybe even higher than a Prime Silva/GSP fight.

TJ is delusional and kinda a jerk.

Also he has nice titties, so at least there's that.

Back