TJ doesn't deserve a fight with DJ at FLW

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
TJ isn't the undisputed best BW in the world. There are plenty of worthy contenders at BW like Rivera, Cruz(who beat TJ) Garbrandt and Moraes. Say what you want about FLW but at least DJ has proven he is undisputed #1 in the division. 12 defenses is no joke.

If you're going to criticize guys like Woodley, Bisping and Mcgregor for wanting superfights than you better do it to TJ too

All this being said, I would be interested in the fight. But that doesn't mean TJ deserves the fight.

He's been the champ for a few weeks. Chill. Wait until his next fight gets announced. He nearly got KTFO in his last one so it'd be wise to take some R&R.

Woodley, Bisping and Mcgregor are all in weights that get ppvs. Get real. Unless BW or FlyW get grouped with a title fight at a higher weight, they never get ppv exposure. Regardless of his intentions, this fight brings more eyes to FLW and BW than any other fight could. TJ and Cruz's first fight was for free, that's an awesome matchup and it was free, that says something.

Would your stance change if it was DJ that called out TJ?

Woodley, Bisping and Mcgregor are all in weights that get ppvs. Get real. Unless BW or FlyW get grouped with a title fight at a higher weight, they never get ppv exposure. Regardless of his intentions, this fight brings more eyes to FLW and BW than any other fight could. TJ and Cruz's first fight was for free, that's an awesome matchup and it was free, that says something.
Well the previous LW title fight before Conor was on Fight Pass ... so i dont think LW is a division that "gets PPVs" by definition. Could be wrong?

TJ isn't the undisputed best BW in the world. There are plenty of worthy contenders at BW like Rivera, Cruz(who beat TJ) Garbrandt and Moraes. Say what you want about FLW but at least DJ has proven he is undisputed #1 in the division. 12 defenses is no joke.

If you're going to criticize guys like Woodley, Bisping and Mcgregor for wanting superfights than you better do it to TJ too

All this being said, I would be interested in the fight. But that doesn't mean TJ deserves the fight.

47KyX_s-200x150.gif

Would your stance change if it was DJ that called out TJ?
It's more about the weight jumping. DJ has proven that he's the best in his division so i believe he deserves to move up and challenge. TJ, not so much, as I stated in the OP.

I would like to see the fight regardless of weight but I don't agree with people slamming DJ for 'ducking' while acting like TJ is some kind of angel in all this.

...and Ray Berg was worthy of fighting Mighty Manlet? Let's let them bang, and get it done with already.

DJ doesn't deserve the belt he has or the title defense record he broke

Dillashaw does not deserve anything. I agree.

But who cares anyway. He will lose the title without even defending it. Cruz, Rivera, Garbrandt... they all beat Dillashaw.

Johnson would destroy Dillashaw.

DJ doesn't deserve the belt he has or the title defense record he broke

PhEHEz3.gif

fan of yours bro.. incorrect bro..

Well the previous LW title fight before Conor was on Fight Pass ... so i dont think LW is a division that "gets PPVs" by definition. Could be wrong?
Now you are. It may never happen because of Conor’s stalemate but now that he is champ ppl care. Ferguson vs Kevin lee for an interim title got a PPV because the winner should potentially face Conor. You are right. No one cared about RDA or Ben Henderson, we got a few free Bendo ppv fights on fox. But now with Conor as champ, things changed.

Back