Tj Dillashaw vs James Toney (skill vs size question)

Any flyweight could probably run underneath Tony's legs, then jump up his back and RNC him before he even knew the fight had begun.

Watch Fedor vs. Choi Hong Man.

Fedor, an elite Sambo practitioner, had tremendous difficulty taking Choi down, despite Choi having very little TDD. Both times Choi landed on top of him due to sheer size as Fedor was not able to control him. Size does matter.

Size matters but TJ is a wrestler who trains grappling. He’s outweighed but TJ Is more than strong and skilled enough to make up for the weight disadvantage. If James toney knew how to grapple it would be different but he doesn’t.

"klitschko Vs Mighty Mouse in MMA" '(a couple have really said MM)
<36>

even my sister could beat the current Toney

Still flabbergasted over Groves winning.

Meh, MMA is d level athletes who's most talked about stars are CM punk and McKenzie Dern lololol

You shouldn't be! I guess you also believed that Rigo would beat Loma.

So why don't you post only in the boxing section if you hate MMA?

You shouldn't be! I guess you also believed that Rigo would beat Loma.

So why don't you post only in the boxing section if you hate MMA?

No. I knew it was a mismatch from the beginning. Rigo is probably in his 40s (which is extremely old for the lighter weights), inactive and moving up two weight divisions (realistically 3 as he could make 118 very easily).

Though the argument can be made that p4p prime Rigo is better than Loma. Obviously he never got the chance to prove it as he was avoided and turned pro way after his prime. But his talent was clear to see.

bro muhammad ali and mike tyson were only like 215 lbs
go watch the toney vs holyfield and tell me what the weights are
samuel Peter, both Klitschkos, Lewis, Riddick Bowe, Rahman, Tua, etc etc.

Some guys were 215-220. Most werent.

At that time Toney was routinely falling over himself even in the boxing ring. He was 40-60 pounds overweight for years and years. He survived purely off of counter punching and his shoulder roll combined with his all time great chin.

I think anybody would have been able to take him down that day. He was a far cry from the athlete he used to be.

Skill > Size
Skill with size > Skill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back