TJ Dillashaw reveals how Cody Garbrandt's corner were verbally trying to break him

Hear corners yelling this kinda stuff on the regular
"He tired"
"He's too slow for you"
"He can't hurt you"

Gamesmanship

Eez normal

That shit really makes them look bad.

I mean, it seems they were right about the right hook.

This isn't exactly the same as screaming "HEAD MOVEMENT" at someone you never taught to box.

I was thrilled when Dillashaw won. It was a great fight, too.

Only if it is in prison.
giphy.gif

Pretty sure Danny Castillo isn't in prison, homie.

Hear corners yelling this kinda stuff on the regular
"He tired"
"He's too slow for you"
"He can't hurt you"

Gamesmanship

Eez normal
Yeah but corners all usually directing their comments at their fights not the opposing fighters.

"TJ you're too slow" shouldn't be coming out an opposing corner. "Cody you're too fast" should.

This is why Japan is better for mma. Get all the stupid shit out of the way in the entrances, unless you're Bob Sapp, Minowa, or both.

There's plenty of things that make team Alpha Male look like a bunch of douche bags... this isn't one of them.

Yeah but corners all usually directing their comments at their fights not the opposing fighters.

"TJ you're too slow" shouldn't be coming out an opposing corner. "Cody you're too fast" should.
I'm fine with either, you aren't an elite fighter if something like that can defeat you, there are hundreds of people yelling in the arena, everything other than your corner should be blocked out as most fighters claim they do.

How many times have we heard "I don't even hear the crowd, man...I block everything but my corner out" in a post fight speech.

As long is the other corner is keeping the trash talk within the context of the fight I don't see a problem.

giphy.gif

Pretty sure Danny Castillo isn't in prison, homie.
Castillo had a post fight rant after losing a decision where he laid on Ferguson and said if they were in prison he would've won

Castillo had a post fight rant after losing a decision where he laid on Ferguson and said if they were in prison he would've won
Ah, I remember the fight but not the post fight rant. Makes more sense now and not above my head. I guess I'm not the MMA fan I thought I was, since I let this slip by. lol

Ah, I remember the fight but not the post fight rant. Makes more sense now and not above my head. I guess I'm not the MMA fan I thought I was, since I let this slip by. lol
Always stuck in my head because Castillo threw a hissy fit after the decision and refused to shake tonys hand and tiny called him out on it and told him win or lose I would shake your fuckin hand anyways lol. Then Castillo almost cried and was apologizing to his mom on the verge of tears. It was fucking hilarious

Always sick in my head because Castillo threw a hissy fit after the decision and refused to shake tonys hand and tiny called him out on it and told him win or lose I would shake your fuckin hand anyways lol. Then Castillo almost cried and was apologizing to his mom on the verge of tears. It was fucking hilarious

Damn, might have to go rewatch the fight, just so I catch the meltdown. lol

Back