TJ Dillashaw is no longer on a plan to make 125 pounds by August

Disappointing. That would have been a flyweight fight worth watching.

He beat the usada placeholder twice and defended against joe soto on 2 days notice. He was then promptly dominated by cruz.

How credible is it when Jeremy Stephens beats Barao?

Anything else?

Saying Renen Barao, Joe Soto, Rafael Assuncao, and John Lineker are insignificant victories is only made dumber by the fact that you're implying DJ is beating better fighters.

Saying Renen Barao, Joe Soto, Rafael Assuncao, and John Lineker are insignificant victories is only made dumber by the fact that you're implying DJ is beating better fighters.
How long you been watching mma again fam?

I'm cool with this. if we wait a few more months to see garbrandt vs tj, so be it. I don't mind waiting.

About as credible as TJ deserving a 125 shot?
The truth of the matter is that no one at 125 deserves a title shot at the moment. The number one contender has missed weight twice int he last two years for goodness' sake.

DJ cleaned out the division. It's a perfect time for a former champ in a higher division to drop down and get an instant title fight. Edgar did it at FW after Aldo had cleaned things out for the moment. When Anderson Silva did the same to MW he went up to fight a former champ.

There's tons of precedent and it is the most sensible match making right now. It's not like McGregor leap-frogging Ferguson at LW.

Good. Why anyone would want to potentially risk the TJ v Cody fight for a fight no one ever asked for is beyond me.

Thank You. Just like Busping-Hendo rematch, this DJ-TJ would have just been an irrelevant distraction from the natural state of the weight division.

And for all the crap that Dana gives DJ/flyweights for not being marketable, UFC are the ones sticking flyweights on the prelims/fight pass, and then magically expecting casual fans to care about DJ when his challengers have been kept unknown.

There's enough talent at flyweight, and enough compelling stories. But if these stories are not told and the talent isn't made visible, there's not going to be any progress.

For his sake, I hope DJ breaks Silva's record and leaves with his head held high, rather than continue being at the mercy of a company that doesn't seem to want to promote him.

About as credible as TJ deserving a 125 shot?

Not even close. TJ was by far the better opponent than Ray Borg. You thinking TJ was dominated in a super close fight makes you look like either a moron or a troll.

Not even close. TJ was by far the better opponent than Ray Borg. You thinking TJ was dominated in a super close fight makes you look like either a moron or a troll.
How many wins at 125 does tj have? How many times has tj made 125? Ever?

What did tj do to deserve a shot at the 125 title?

Nothing.
Oh no, wait. He got knocked out by Dodson. That's something.....
lol

be the champ at a more competitive and higher weight class.

lol
He's not even the champion anymore. And with 0 wins at Flyweight, he doesn't deserves anything.

And Garbrandt will knock him out pretty quickly.

But seriously there should be a rule that says that you get banned if you post shit about the Flyweight division getting removed.
It's getting beyond stupid.

If you guys can't appreciate, go watch boring HW fights and stop posting.

W
DJ fucked up big time.

Dana is not going to let this slide. I don't know if he will literally axe the division in the very immediate future, but one way or another DJ is going to feel repercussions.

He could have potentially beat TJ, break the record, and secure a spot in UFC GOAT books forever. Now he will be a footnote, or completely expunged.
What's he gonna do cut his pay?

No, it is not.

Oh, I thought sounded better fighting former CHAMPION who last win was more impressive than borg whole career. But yeah Might be right. Some dixe who we font know who beat dudes we xknt know and who missed weight half the time sounds way better in hindsight

Good.

He's never fought at that weight to begin with.

Let him and necktats battle it out in their true division.

He's one of the smaller guys @ BW though.

Cody's going to beat him and it's going to be the second time he loses to an opponent because of a size/strength disadvantage.

Oh, I thought sounded better fighting former CHAMPION who last win was more impressive than borg whole career. But yeah Might be right. Some dixe who we font know who beat dudes we xknt know and who missed weight half the time sounds way better in hindsight

Until TJ can prove he's the same fighter after that weight cut and steps into the cage under those variables then he's done nothing at Flyweight.

You don't get to be a different human physically to prove you are the same fighter lighter or heavier. There are weight classes and rankings for a reason and these guys fighting at Flyweight may not impress or know who they are but they are winning and losing and earning there way up in the 125lbs division.

TJ has never done a single thing at Flyweight and past line jumping that the UFC allowed was just as wrong and fucks up the entire process.

Luckily DJ did the right thing and order is restored.

id rather see cody vs tj, but i think its shameful the way DJ ducked him, and i wouldve liked to see TJ vs DJ while cody is recovering

get rid of FLW pls

Dana should close down the 125 lb division then, prevent MM for breaking that defense record, only because he's afraid of fighting legit competition

Back