TJ Dillashaw - is he really the snake?

My give a flying fuck level on this issue is -100..With that said I hope Dilla beats the piss outta nektat.

Obviously both parties have things to say and their own version of the story.
I used to think TJ was the absolute snake and whatever,
but recently after the last couple episodes of TUF... I'm starting to have my doubts.

What do you guys think?
Is TAM telling the truth?
Is TJ's version the true version?
Or are both sides all little snakes in the grass?

Thoughts?

You hit it on the head initially, both have their point of view and I'm sure both have merit in different aspects of the whole thing.

Plus I really enjoy now that he is embracing the snake thing, we have moved on to the Doug Funnie thing.

doug001.gif

No TJ Dillashaw is mostly likely a human man.

The answer is MONEY.

Money is your best friend in this life, and DILLAGOAT recognizes that unlike those MEATHEADS

Obviously both parties have things to say and their own version of the story.
I used to think TJ was the absolute snake and whatever,
but recently after the last couple episodes of TUF... I'm starting to have my doubts.

What do you guys think?
Is TAM telling the truth?
Is TJ's version the true version?
Or are both sides all little snakes in the grass?

Thoughts?
TJ was asked by Faber and Team Alpha Male numerous times if he was leaving and he said no. Then a week before TJ leaves, he comes clean after weeks of lying and denying he was leaving. He says he's going to go to the new team in Colorado, Elevation Fight Team where he'd get paid to train and Ludwig was going out to Colorado too so he was going there. So the weeks of lying was bad enough but it gets worse when TJ says he's going to represent Elevation Fight Team but would still like to train at Team Alpha Male whenever he was in the area since he still had a home in Sacramento.

So look at this; Faber finds TJ, brings TJ up from a nobody amateur, lets TJ live with him for a while, and then TJ decides to leave without telling the team until the last minute and TJ is no longer fighting under the Team Alpha Male Banner but would like an open door policy.

He's a snake and has absolutely no loyalty. As I have said all along, TJ has every right to leave. He has a wife, a family, if he can get paid, that's great but it's how he went about the situation. Lying to all of his coaches, lying to his mentor, and then leaving to represent another team yet still wants an open door policy.

I think it probably was a lack of communication on both sides, or at least Dillashaw's part. Also you have to look at both perspectives. From TJ's side he's just going with the coach who he felt can make him better, and he still wanted to train at Alpha Male. From Alpha Male's side, or Faber's side, TJs choosing to go with another coach, who Faber it seemed didn't get along with, and also a person who had left their camp and left a bad taste before as well. Seems like his dislike for Ludwig, compacted with the fact that now he felt disrespected and hurt by Dillashaw leaving; kind of exaggerated this whole thing. Then after that happens, it blows up to where Dillashaws is talking about small things that he didn't like, and Faber saying the same thing. If Dillashaw never would have left, these things probably never get old and become a problem. It's like things your ex did that you didn't like, when you're with them you don't care; but once they're gone, you might feel more inclined to say aomthing about it, especially if it was a bad breakup. It's understandable, I'm sure this probably happens a lot when people leave gyms. So I don't think he's a snake personally, he was just doing what's best for himself; and it worked. Also it worked out for Team Alpha Male since with Dillashaw gone, they were able to build of Garbrandt. Something that would of been tough if Dillashaw was still on the team and still champ. It just depends how you look at it, but I understand both sides. I think Faber was more hurt than anything and it happens. Dillashaw was probably a good friend and Faber just felt blindsided and backstabbed by it.
Here's the point everyone is missing. TJ has the right, as does any man, to go train where he wants, especially if he's getting paid. But it's how TJ went around it. He lied and denied it for weeks only to tell the team the week before he moved out to Colorado that he was leaving.

And it wasn't like he was just cross training, which a ton of guys do, he was no longer a member of Team Alpha Male. How can he say he wasn't leaving the team when he was getting paid by Elevation Fight Team and he was going to fight under their banner? That's the issue. He left the team, was going to represent another team yet wanted an open door policy. One last thing, there is a case of loyalty as you noted with Faber and TJ. TJ doesn't owe Team Alpha Male anything but the decent thing to do would be talking to your mentor, the guy that found you, that brought you up, the guy that let you LIVE WITH HIM WHEN YOU DIDN"T HAVE A PLACE TO STAY, in Urijah Faber. But TJ lied and denied it up until he basically left.

Here is Faber and Team Alpha Male's immortal enemy and extremely intelligent fighter, Dominick Cruz calling TJ a fake, a snake, and someone who has absolutely no loyalty

I don't see him as a snake. He made a business decision that fighters make all the time and team Alpha Male blew it out of proportion. I can understand Urijah taking offense to it out of everyone since he brought TJ up and brought him to the show basically, but TJ made his decision based on being a professional and what was best for him. If Urijah and others were truly his friend they would have supported him. It wasn't like he wanted to join a rival team.

It would be like Weidman leaving Longo/Serra to go be with, say Jackson's but Weidman denies it for weeks, telling Longo/Serra he's not leaving and then a week before he leaves, he comes clean. Not only is Weidman going to do a full training camp with Jackson, he will no longer wear nor raise the Longo/Serra banner, he's going to raise the Jackson/Winkeljohn MMA banner but he still wants open access to Longo/Serra's gym.

Have the decency to be honest and upfront and say you're doing what's best for you. Don't lie for weeks and then expect everything to be hunky dory.

Back