Tito Ortiz vs Dan Henderson - Who would have won?

Depends so much on when.

Tito circa 2002 murders Dan in 2002.

2007 or so.. i'd say that is a toss up fight.

2012, Dan rapes him.

Hendo, all day every day.

Tito would need to keep Dan on his back for 5 rounds before the H-bomb hit.

At first glance i certainly think Hendo Hbombs his big head outta the octagon. But having see both of their careers a prime Tito is a real bad matchup for him. Hendo was labled a wrestler but never showed great skill in that regard and often struggled to defend tds. Tito excelled in taking people down. their primes never coincided but a prime tito blankets prime hendo.

Last edited:
At first glance i certainly think Hendo Hbombs his big head outta the octagon. But having see both of their careers a prime Tito is a real bad matchup for him. Hendo was labled a wrestler but never showed great skill in that regard and often struggled to defend tds. Tito excelled in taking people down. their primes never coincided but a prime tito blankets prime hendo.
The only time Tito ever fought anyone of Dans caliber, he got smashed.

Hendo via destruction.

Wait. How far back in the day are we talking about? I'll always favour Hendo over Tito.

Tito always needed that GnP. Don't think he could have taken Dan down in the earlier in the late 1990s or early 2000s. He also cant outstrike Hendo after Hendo discovered the H-Bomb. Hendo has always handled himself well against bigger guys until fairly recently.

Tito's "legendary" ground and pound was primarily against smaller guys who couldn't wrestle. Tito wasn't great (or even good) at putting guys with good wrestling on their backs. Hendo's power and chin would be too much for Tito.

Tito was way too big for him.

Henderson had a better career track record and pedigree yet people on here routinely forget a young Tito with two healthy legs was a full load. Around 2006-2008 Tito would have still given him a heck of a fight. Anytime after that I go with Hendo.

tito would smash him honestly, see the sheilds fight or misaki fights dan never really beat anyone with decent fight iq
This fight was made and Hendon said it was a insult to match him against someone ranked ad low as Tito; Tito's prayers were answered, he knew he couldnt hang

I'm not even sure why there is a debate on this. Tito's melon is so big it won't be hard for Hendo to land a H bomb and the fight would be over in the first two minutes if the first round.

Tito, too much size and hendo wouldn't stop the takedown of prime tito. Folks like to shit on tito cause it is fashionable but in his prime he was a force with those TDs.

Shocked no one is saying the obvious... their primes never really coexisted so it could never happen. Dan entered his right as Tito left his. 2007 would be the only year you could really pull this fight off and market it as prime vs prime.

And if you did... Dan by KO.

img_7978-gif.192505

Animatidfdfdfdf.gif

That head tho..

Hendo has always been better then Tito, injuries or not.

People also underestimate Hendos sprawl.

I think he KO's Tito.

Back