Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement for Chuck Liddell trilogy

He'll fight the new Bellator hwt champ too, especially if it's Chael.

Why not bro?

Tito loves mismatches. He fought Ken Shamrock when Ken was way past his prime (and after a 4-year layoff in pro wrestling). And he wouldn't fight Ken at HW--a 240-pound Ken would've been more game IMO (like he was in the Kimo rematch). Then Tito tries to call out Frank Shamrock for a rematch, near the end of Frank's career....knowing Frank is a MW who could probably cut to WW.

Now he's calling out Chuck, who hasn't fought since 2010 and ended his career with a series of CTE-inducing KOs.

FOOK YEAHHH!!! WAR TITO!! One more time!!

Tito by sub or GnP TKO, welcome to bump later.

giphy.gif

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

I'm a fan of both guys but all in on the Tito train for this one! It would be great to see him get a victory over Chuck and it will happen exactly how you stated. War Huntington Beach bad boy!

I can't see that many people paying for this. Plus who else is going to be on this card? Is Oscar just going to go sign up a bunch of wandering nobodies out there. Maybe he'll do I hybrid boxing/MMA card. Might be the only chance to pull decent numbers.

I'd like to see Chuck vs Tito as the Co-Main Event to Triple G/Canelo II. Throw Chuck n Tito a few million each and call it a day. I think its the only way of this being a success.

if they were 60 years old I'd still watch this fight. I think Tito has taken care of himself better over the years and he has not taken the punishment that Chuck has. haha see what i did there
war Tito

No clue why anybody would want to see this fight at this point.

Hey they gotta finish off their feud. Chuck pre Rashad could have beaten him again. Chuck has, to quote Vinny Mac: "No Chance in Hell"

the idea of seeing 48 year old Chuck back in the cage is incredibly unappealing. Both have had an absurd amount of injuries... but fuck it i'll still tune in

Well I’d certainly watch it, but even if Tito wins, how satisfied could he be with that win?

“First I fought him and he beat my ass. Then I fought him again and he obliterated me. Then he got KO’d so many times he was basically forced into retirement. But now, several years later and pushing 50 he is back! And if I beat him we’ll finally know who is better.”

Best do it in summer I would not trust Chucks chin to hold if its windy.

I hope Tito KTFO's Chuck then KO's him again in the 4th match to make it 2-2.

What's the undercard look like?

They could do Coleman vs shamrock on the same card. Could be a whole card with old fighters. Call up bas, Royce, kimo, tank and Severn. Could have a 1 night 8 man tourney

Well I’d certainly watch it, but even if Tito wins, how satisfied could he be with that win?

“First I fought him and he beat my ass. Then I fought him again and he obliterated me. Then he got KO’d so many times he was basically forced into retirement. But now, several years later and pushing 50 he is back! And if I beat him we’ll finally know who is better.”

That's not how I remember the first two fights. ...

No-one got obliterated in that second fight.

Tito wants to prove he currently is better then Chuck and to some degree believes he may have always been. Chuck wants to prove he can still beat Tito.

Plus Tito getting a win over Chuck will be a huge moral victory for him and to an extent vindicate his thoughts that he could of Beat Chuck back in their primes but fell short in their official matches.

Back