Tito made more $$$ in Bellator

Kinosis

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Tito made $300,000 in Bellator for his fight against Sonnen, why go to golden boy to make $200,000? Just because it was an easy fight against chuck at this point and he could get revenge? Why not just keep fighting in Bellator?

Easy fight against a guy that knocked him out twice?

He will again too. He gets winner of HW tourney IMO

PPV money,this has already been established.

PPV cut and bellator wouldnt have signed chuck without a battery of tests

Probably PPV points. Which unfortunately wont be much from the sound of it.

He will again too. He gets winner of HW tourney IMO

He'll get the winner of the Bellator HW tourny? If that's the case than I guess Tito is not under contract? Or maybe Bellator and GB MMA will co promote?

He'll get the winner of the Bellator HW tourny? If that's the case than I guess Tito is not under contract? Or maybe Bellator and GB MMA will co promote?
I didn't hear that it was more than a 1 fight deal

Well I'm sure if Tito wants to, he can go back to Bellator now with a bit more leverage and get a bigger paycheck. Chuck looked slow, but Tito actually looked sharp and on-point.

Tito vs Rampage is obviously the next fight to make.

Gimme fight for Tito. Gets paid six figures to avenge a loss against a totally shot fighter who he hates.

Tito seemed really pumped om promoting Golden Boy, the way he was talking at the end - about wanting more fighters to join, so I guess he will get a big cut or something.
Or maybe he saw this fight as a pay-cut that could be worthwhile if Golden Boy MMA ends up becoming a regular thing.

Tito was talking like he was a part of Golden Boy promotions, not just a one off fight. Is that not the case?

Tito was talking like he was a part of Golden Boy promotions, not just a one off fight. Is that not the case?

He retired again last night.

It was a 1 off money grab if he really wanted to still fight itd be for bellator.

I'll bet he would've fought Chuck for free, if that were absolutely the only way to make it happen.

Bellator ain’t paying $250k for a gimme fight though, he’d have to earn it.

I truly hope Tito Ortiz has a job within Golden Boy Promotions MMA. because he really loves to be connected to the sport of MMA and I hope it grows to doing 3 or 4 shows per year that are pure spectacle, much like KSW. Just no more shot, past their prime fighters like Chuck Liddell, but get some intriguing fighters and match them up and we all know there are plenty of intriguing MMA fighters out there that have been released by Bellator and the UFC. And I hope Chuck Liddell can find a job with a MMA organization being a Ambassador of sorts much like Royce Gracie is with Bellator. It would keep him connected with the sport he loves and he could get his fix in of signing autographs, taking photos and being a part of the MMA scene.

Back