Tito claims he never got a fair shake against Chuck in the UFC

Tito would’ve got him if chuck didn’t land that flukey savage barrage at the end there.

I believe he did get poked in the eye during the first fight which sped things up.

Not saying it changed the outcome.

He didn’t, Chuck blatantly poked his eyeballs into a temporary living blinded smh. @ortizgnp
I always found it funny in the buildup to the 2nd fight Tito said he got eye poked. Chuck called him a liar and said it never happened. Then they showed the replay of a pretty bad blatant eye poke.

Tito was turtled up, not defending himself. I have no issue with the ref stepping in.
That stoppage was bullshit.
Hs was being punched on the bicep and taking no damage from the punches - other than to his bicep (and maybe forearm).
He deserved better than that in that fight based on the effort he put in to stay in it.

Who has more excuses for their losses?

Tito Ortiz or a Brazilian fighter?

Tito wants a payday and he is trying to talk up the fight

If Golden Boy wants to do something in MMA (I am not sure why) then they are probably looking at the Coker Bellator model. e.g. seniors tour of washed fighters who still have name recognition

Chuck was always a bad matchup for Tito and nothing has changed. Plus Tito was obviously afraid of Chuck.

the key will be if either of these guys can even make it into the cage at this point. that may count as a victory in and of itself

In the first fight Chuck poked him in the eye and pounced on him when he noticed how badly it damaged Tito. It was deliberate, lets not even act like this didn't happen.

In the first fight Chuck poked him in the eye and pounced on him when he noticed how badly it damaged Tito. It was deliberate, lets not even act like this didn't happen.
Even granting this is true, it's not like the officiation has improved so dramatically that the same scenario couldn't play out again.

I've never seen a ref step in during a fight-ending flurry to verbally warn someone for eye poking, and no appeal to an AC over that kind of loss has ever succeeded that I recall.

Good Lord Tito is dumb as a bag of rocks.. I just red the whole article and it doesnt say a fucking thing on why he didnt get a fair shake..

Just look how much Chuck left himself wide open. Just think where that style led him over his last 6 fights (after the second Tito win):

A 1-5 record, with his only win over an undersized Wand.

Lol, Chuck was always overrated as fuck. A gutsy and successful fighter nonetheless.

Even granting this is true, it's not like the officiation has improved so dramatically that the same scenario couldn't play out again.

I've never seen a ref step in during a fight-ending flurry to verbally warn someone for eye poking, and no appeal to an AC over that kind of loss has ever succeeded that I recall.

Another example is Struve actively poking Stipe Miocic in the eye more than once, with the last one being a set-up for a finish. He poked him the last time and then immediately pounced for a finish, just like chuck.

Some fighters get away with this. It's sad. Worse is when some fans deny it. Can you imagine being poked in the eye by a world class fighter with his thick hard fingers? It's devastating.

Something I heard recently about the whole Chuck vs Tito saga that I found interesting, supposedly Chuck dominated Tito in the wrestling game just about every time they trained.

Dana has stated this numerous times. When he managed both Chuck and Tito, Chuck was basically better at everything in the gym when they trained together. Chuck made a similar comment in his book. Even in the second fight when Tito took him down, Chuck got up quick and started punching him again.

Just look how much Chuck left himself wide open. Just think where that style led him over his last 6 fights (after the second Tito win):

A 1-5 record, with his only win over an undersized Wand.

That's why I wasn't as surprised or impressed as most people were when Rampage KO'd Chuck (in the rematch). Chuck was 38, definitely past his physical prime, and had grown way too confident in his hands and chin because he could outstrike Randy (even older) and Tito. He left himself wide open and Rampage just KO'd him, like any decent striker with power would. I'd hate to see what Rumble would've done to him.

He got poke in the eye hard. Liddell did that a few times but it wasn't as big a deal back then as it is now. That's why I think Liddell vs jones is a 50/50 match, even today. If jones pokes Liddell in the eye he can pull off a slick submission or point fight his way to an easy victory. If Liddell pokes jones' eye, he would punch him into Bolivia!

Seems pretty fair to me

Chuck-vs-Tito-1.gif
This finish always pissed me off, and I'm not sure why. I guess it seemed like a bad stoppage since there was no clear knockout blow (of course you can't blame the ref and now that I look at it Tito's arms dropped), or maybe the eye poke. Tito is and was also annoying as hell so I don't know why the fuck I care if he loses like that, but I guess somehow Chuck annoys me more than Tito.

I don't want to see the fight because I think Tito grazes that chin and Chuck goes down and we will never hear Tito stop talking about. Might even have a fourth fight if that happens.

Tito could probably knock him out just hitting him from inside the guard. Chuck's chin is gone.

Back