Title Heavy Bag Made in Pakistan???

Micky7

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to posting here, but I've been an active reader for quite some time....

I've recently replaced my 10 year old Everlast heavy bag with a TITLE "Big Heavy" Pro Training Bag (the leather 150 pounder found here: http://store.titleboxing.com/title-big-heavy-pro-training-bag.html).

When the bag arrived last week, I was somewhat surprised to see that it had a 'Made in Pakistan' tag on it. I also purchased the TITLE uppercut bag and noticed that it is also 'Made in Pakistan'.

Title seems to have a good name as far as quality is concerned (well, at least around this forum).

Does it surprise anyone that TITLE bags are made in Pakistan? Or am I just being overly critical?

Micky

Does it work?

I'll tell you that in a month or so of heavy beatings...

It looks good (stitching, leather, etc.). I just wasn't expecting it to come from a location known for producing 'cookie cutter' bags with different nameplates. I suppose I was expecting more from Title...

Perhaps it's very high quality. I certainly hope it is, it cost me a deuce and a half + shipping.

Micky

first off you can't generalize a place like Pakistan as cookie cutter. They do some amazing work. If you find a good shop than they will produce some great stuff, now they're are bad shops that make stuff which is crap but if you say that everything that comes from Pakistan is crap, it's like saying all black people are bad.

I have alot of Ringside and Title items that have a made in Pakistan sticker on them.

a lot of big name martial arts products are made in pakistan.

Pakistan is a great country....:) Most of the sporting goods are made in Sialkot, and you can get stuff there in any price range, and in any quality.

Just in case if you didn't know, footballs used in the world cup are hand made in Pakistan.

my instructor was looking to make an acadamy gi and the Pakistani gi dealer said he could make any style gi made in the US and wonder if the same would apply to gloves... Most of my gis are probably made in Pakistan and gloves are from Thailand and even if I have to pay a little more I prefer to buy American made products. I know many soccer balls/futbols are or at least were made in sweatshops, "In countries like Pakistan, children may work 12 hour days for very little pay"
http://www.halexandria.org/dward347.htm
the first article that came up http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Pakistan+sweatshops

Pakistan -Sialkot- is hot when it comes to martial arts gear and wear... Quality can be as good as you want it and it is pretty cheap. For example a pair of sprawl style and quality shorts costs you somewhere between 6 and 12 dollar. For a high quality pair of MMA gloves (pride style, UFC style...) made of nice cowhide leather you pay 8 - 16 dollar...

If it were cheap to make gear in the States I would support it no sweat, BUT a huge percentage comes from Sialkot and they are COMPETITIVE! Agents were hitting me up left and right.

I myself am a resident of Pakistan and I'm proud to tell that a lot of leather goods including Martial Arts and Mixed Martial Arts equipment is made in Sialkot, companies like Everlast, Atama, e.t.c have their products made over here and at very reasonable prices too.

If you people would like to order any high quality MMA gear/equipment at good rates then try to visit our sponsor somchaimuaythai(dot)info.

P.S I'm not spamming

I have a pair of Som Chai wraps that I picked up in Pai, Mae Hong Song, Thailand. They are the best I have used. They are long, nearly 220 inches, and very thin like fight wraps. I should do a review of the Som Chai stuff I have, it's really good quality.

Somchai Muay Thai and MMA Gear

People assume that certain countries only make crap. Manufacturers make products to the standards you give them. If you demand high quality products, they will gladly give you that. If you want dirt cheap products, you get that.

a lot of big name martial arts products are made in pakistan.

Yes, many big names are getting there products from Pakistan. My company in Pakistan produces boxing equipments and we are doing business with many brands.

Pakistan is a great country....:) Most of the sporting goods are made in Sialkot, and you can get stuff there in any price range, and in any quality.

Just in case if you didn't know, footballs used in the world cup are hand made in Pakistan.

If I am not wrong then correct me, as far I know the football used in 2010 fifa worldcup. China give the supply. This time Pakistan was not producing football for world cup even the last world cup supply was provided by China.

my instructor was looking to make an acadamy gi and the Pakistani gi dealer said he could make any style gi made in the US and wonder if the same would apply to gloves... Most of my gis are probably made in Pakistan and gloves are from Thailand and even if I have to pay a little more I prefer to buy American made products. I know many soccer balls/futbols are or at least were made in sweatshops, "In countries like Pakistan, children may work 12 hour days for very little pay"
Sweat Shops
the first article that came up Pakistan sweatshops - Google Search

As I produce boxing equipments and I am against using child labor. But yes it was true, Child Labour was used many many years ago. When big names gives lot of soccer business, the poor employees (workers) used to put there child in making soccer balls rather then sending them schools. They want to earn more money. Anyway, our manufacturing associations are against child labor and we take serious action when we found this is happening. Some other competitive countries were involved in highlighting this news worldwide, to get business.
Be aware now, that time making soccer balls is at peak level then any other sports article and also child labor is not used in today's manufacturing in Pakistan.

We are making boxing, martial arts, mma stuff for brands, clubs, schools. If you owns any brand or club or a student and interested to get your logo stuff, we welcome you to give us a try. We assure that you like our factory made products up to quality standards.

For more info, feel free to message me.

Hi all! I'm new to posting here, but I've been an active reader for quite some time....

I've recently replaced my 10 year old Everlast heavy bag with a TITLE "Big Heavy" Pro Training Bag (the leather 150 pounder found here: http://store.titleboxing.com/title-big-heavy-pro-training-bag.html).

When the bag arrived last week, I was somewhat surprised to see that it had a 'Made in Pakistan' tag on it. I also purchased the TITLE uppercut bag and noticed that it is also 'Made in Pakistan'.

Title seems to have a good name as far as quality is concerned (well, at least around this forum).

Does it surprise anyone that TITLE bags are made in Pakistan? Or am I just being overly critical?

Micky

Yes off course many famous brands are getting their boxing gear made in Sialkot Pakistan.
Title, Everlast, Addidas, Nike, Shoyoroll, Puma, Nikazi Distribution are among the major importers of Paksitan made gear and clothing.

With the passage of time, the quality of Paksitan made products have greatly improved and is now beating Thai Land, China in terms of prices and quality.

So you need to do some home work to reach the right manufacturer and once you are linked with a top notch gear manufacturer in Sialkot Paksitan, you begin to save huge profits and peace of mind i bet.
Thanks.

Yes off course many famous brands are getting their boxing gear made in Sialkot Pakistan.
Title, Everlast, Addidas, Nike, Shoyoroll, Puma, Nikazi Distribution are among the major importers of Paksitan made gear and clothing.

With the passage of time, the quality of Paksitan made products have greatly improved and is now beating Thai Land, China in terms of prices and quality.

So you need to do some home work to reach the right manufacturer and once you are linked with a top notch gear manufacturer in Sialkot Paksitan, you begin to save huge profits and peace of mind i bet.
Thanks.

Thank you for posting. I've been waiting the 8 years since the last post to find out.

Back