Title Boxing Heavy Bag Wallmount Hanger Review

I'm new to this forum, so I know I'm pretty late making a comment, but that's a very good review. I always wondered about those wall hangers, now I'm convinced to invest in one.

This is a great, informative thread. Just the information regarding the spring was worth the read.

I have the same stand except I'm going to use it for a double end bag. However I have some issues. Hopefully you can assist me. Below are pictures of my garage setup.

100_1079.jpg

100_1080.jpg

100_1081.jpg

I'm not sure how should I attempt to hang this and what I may need to add. I'm curious of anyones opinions. Thanks..

As long as the studs are the "standard distance" apart, you should be able to hang it just fine. Unfortunately, I don't remember that standard distance and I can't measure it as I have moved to a place without enough room for the bag :( So you'll have to research that one yourself.

That said, I think once you have the hanger set up, all you need is a way to anchor the bottom section of the double bag. I've never installed a double bag before, but I think you have the option of either using a weight, or anchoring it with masonry hardware. I think Title Boxing sells both options...

Let us know what you end up doing...

Great review - thank you for taking the time to post!

This is the perfect solution for me as I will be installing on a roof deck and don't want to waste floor space with the bulky floor hangers.

1) Are the 2 support arms that come down adjustable? I ask because on the Prime Fighter version (which is $110 compared to this one at $55) it makes a point of detailing that you can swivel them so they are able to hit a stud.

Prime: Amazon.com: EXTRA HEAVY DUTY Professional Heavy Bag Wall Mount-600: Sports & Outdoors

Title: Amazon.com: TITLE Deluxe Heavy-Duty Wallmount Hanger: Sports & Outdoors

2) I noticed you only used 2 screws of the 6 in the main top connection. Just wanted to confirm that it's worked out fine for you that way.

3) Do you put anything on the floor (yoga mat or something) or do you just go at it on the carpet in shoes? I will be on wood and prefer to be barefoot... so I am wondering what options are out there.

Thanks again,
Will

Great review - thank you for taking the time to post!

This is the perfect solution for me as I will be installing on a roof deck and don't want to waste floor space with the bulky floor hangers.

1) Are the 2 support arms that come down adjustable? I ask because on the Prime Fighter version (which is $110 compared to this one at $55) it makes a point of detailing that you can swivel them so they are able to hit a stud.

Prime: Amazon.com: EXTRA HEAVY DUTY Professional Heavy Bag Wall Mount-600: Sports & Outdoors

Title: Amazon.com: TITLE Deluxe Heavy-Duty Wallmount Hanger: Sports & Outdoors

2) I noticed you only used 2 screws of the 6 in the main top connection. Just wanted to confirm that it's worked out fine for you that way.

3) Do you put anything on the floor (yoga mat or something) or do you just go at it on the carpet in shoes? I will be on wood and prefer to be barefoot... so I am wondering what options are out there.

Thanks again,
Will

NP man, glad it was useful to you :)

1. The lower legs do have a bit of adjustability if I remember correctly... Maybe a couple inches in either direction. This is probably what they mean by "adjustable" in that first link, as the picture of that item looks almost identical to mine. You'll get the most flush fit with standard stud spacing, but I think you can make it work if it's off a bit.

2. Yeah, I only used two screws as (again, if I remember correctly) that was all the hardware that came with the hardware kit. I think the instructions also only indicated two screws were needed. That said, it held up great that way... Just make sure you get a spring :)

3. I went at it on carpet barefoot. This is how our heavy bags are set up at my gym as well.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I have a noise question.

I'm thinking of welding my own version of a wall hanger and mounting it in the basement of my duplex (side by side). The basement wall is an outside wall and made of concrete block. The wall will be underneath my apartment, and not the neighbors, but it is a shared wall in that it runs the lenght of the house.

Do you think the neighbor would be able to hear this thing? I'm a renter, so I don't want the landlord coming in to see holes drilled in his wall. When I move I'll just fill in the holes with something. I currently have a wavemaster bag and that thing is pretty loud when I kick it and it bangs around on the ground.

The heavy spring sold by Title reduces noise and vibrations significantly... More than I expected, even.

That said, I haven't tried this thing on concrete walls, so if there are any differences in noise or vibration with concrete I won't know...

I just recently purchased the same wall mount and spring for my apartment. I might have to call out a contractor (on the suggestion of the revgear rep who sold me a heavy bag) to make sure my wall can handle it.

To the TS: Did you think your wall could have supported a 6 foot bag? Our apartments look similar in construction so I thought I'd ask.

I really don't want to spend on money to call out a contractor but I also don't want to rip my wall out:icon_lol:
Any help you can give would be appreciated! Thanks!

I just got an 80lb Everlast bag and haven't decided if I'll put it in the garage (cold/hot extremes!) or in my spare room.
Either way, I'm thinking about adding a couple 2x6's or 2x8's that are about 50" long and mounting them on the wall first, so that they span 4 wall studs. My thinking is, that this would help displace the weight and the forces of strikes.

Think this is overkill?? I dunno.

I've read posts on other sites about walls moving, cracking, etc.

Any input from members here is appreciated.

Forgot another question about the spring. Does anyone know what the spring from Title is rated at?
Home Depot has a spring that is rated at 93lbs, my bag is 80lbs. The spring looks just like the one in the OPs photo.

Does anyone else has this hanger? I was wondering how it will do on a 6 ft 100 lbs muay thai bag. I'm planning to buy one from Titleboxing.com. They have two version, one holding up to 150 and the other up to 200. I'm getting the 150 just for the price and putting it in my garage.

I also like to know for those who has this hanger with a muay thai bag, how much space do you occupy when working with the bag?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just bought this and was wondering for those that have this, do the side bars align right and sit flush against the center bar? No matter what angle I use it doesnt sit flush. If I have it flushed against the center piece, it wont even align properly to the wall to bolt in. TIA

vjvj,

You and the rest of this thread have paved a path for me. I am about 90% done with my setup.:D I am so thankful for the insight you guys gave me. Wes Wasmer (Title) also gave some points. I’ve made a sturdy and very quiet configuration of the various items mentioned. Light but acceptable vibration. Here's what I used:
AngledView.jpg

- 3 8' x 4" boards (Lowes/Home Depot)
- TITLE Boxing Deluxe Heavy-Duty Wallmount Hanger (TITLE Boxing Deluxe Heavy-Duty Wallmount Hanger | TITLE Boxing Heavy Bags & Accessories | TITLE Boxing Gloves, Equipment, Gear, Supplies & Apparel | TITLE Brands from Title Boxing)
- TITLE Boxing Heavy Bag Spring (TITLE Boxing Heavy Bag Spring | TITLE Boxing Heavy Bags & Accessories | TITLE Boxing Gloves, Equipment, Gear, Supplies & Apparel | TITLE Brands from Title Boxing)
- Carabineer style chain link (250lb WLL)
- small rubber tube
- fastening hardware
- TITLE Classic Banana Heavy Bag (TITLE Classic Banana Heavy Bag | TITLE Classic Heavy Bags | TITLE Classic Equipment | TITLE Brands from Title Boxing)

For the 2 hanger supports, I ran two 8' x 8" boards parallel to each other against the wall. They were centered behind the studs of my garage wall and bolted. Guide holes were drilled both on boards and studs separately. It was a bitch trying to find the center of the studs since I found that plywood was boarded behind the drywall but I eventually figured that I follow the nails that were driven into the studs for the drywall and then drilled an array of holes to find the edges of the stud. I drew lines indicating studs.
DSC05259.jpg

Then I placed an additional board going across the top. This is basically for the base of the hanger. Measured the center and started drilling guide holes (6) for the hanger base. I actually planned to have 2 bolts going through the base, to the board, to the stud and then have the remaining 4 going outward from the board to the base of the hanger. This was done because if I went the other way, the 4 would only go through drywall and a thin layer of plywood and nothing solid.

DSC05328.jpg

I didn’t know how to fix the heavy duty spring directly to the hanger loop so I used the carabineer to hook it together. My original bag was thought to be 100lbs but it was around 75lbs. At this point the setup was very loud and had some vibration and found that the carabineer and spring were bouncing too much. The bag (being an Everlast bag I got 15 years ago) was too light and did not hang heavy enough to make the heavy duty spring to work positively (Thx Wes W.). Luckily I found a great deal on a TITLE Classic Banana Heavy Bag for $65. Bag weighed 100lbs and made a difference when punching and kicking but now the carabineer makes a grinding noise as if the carabineer and hanger loop was making strong friction. Solution: fed the carabineer through a small rubber tube I bought at hardware store. I considered having a sheet of rubber behind the hanger base as someone suggested but I think it would sacrifice sturdiness. The noise reduction improved significantly.
DSC05272.jpg

I did have an issue with the length of the banana bag (6’) connecting to the hanger since it was mounted at about 9’. So I took Vjvj’s tactic and shortened the chain of the bag but actually cutting it. The S hooks had to be bent to connect to the new ends.

DSC05340.jpg

In addition, I added an old “junker” computer with mounted monitor and speakers /w sub for music, instructional vids and UFC fights. Everything is currently going undergoing cosmetics…

Thank you all for your guidance, tips, and overall discussion of this product.

My Review:
This product is used at a few gyms I’ve trained in. Those gyms tend to mount on masonry, which is ultimately ideal. With mounting to wood, vibration is still going to be there. It seems reliable if you do not have the ability to hang from ceiling (most effective/sturdy). I’d definitely recommend it. Mine came without the Title sticker that is supposed to be at the loop so I can’t showboat the product’s brand. I will update what happens to my setup during the years if things go bad for posterity sake.

Last edited:
Anal - what size bolts did you use and can you explain how you used the other 4 bolts in the base that aren't going into the stud, that doesn't quite make sense to me.

also, wouldn't it make it more sturdy if the beams that are holding the hanger supports were horizontal like the top one so they're bolted into multiple beams?

thanks

do you know the thickness of the metal on the mount?i custom built one and the metal is 1/16" thick and round.

This is great. Thanks for posting. I'm in the process of doing the same exact thing except I bought their retractable wall mount. I like the idea of going all the way to the floor to give it that extra support.

I just installed the same setup in my garage this weekend. Same hardware as Analnojitsu's, except I mounted straight to the solid concrete wall. My only issue is that my ceilings are 8ft, so the Mount-> carabiner -> spring -> chain swivel -> bag leaves my bag touching the ground, even with the maximum amount of links removed (I used ez-links to pull up the slack in the links to get it as high as I could).

I could remove the carabiner from the equation and get another 4 inches, except the TITLE spring is closed on both ends >.< It looks like the heavy duty spring from Ringside has open ends, so I'm going to replace the TITLE with the one from Ringside.

I really love this setup, and I'd highly suggest it to anyone wanting a bag at home.

That is pretty close to how mine is set up, I think going all the way to the floor is a better idea. But mine has had no problems.

I got rid of those red Title bags BTW just terrible, but that is my fault for thinking that a $99 bag was going to be awesome.

Dim Sum what didn't you like about the title classic banana bag? What have you other guys thought of this bag?

I've been planning a set up like this also. Great to actually see photos of what you guys have done.

Dim Sum what didn't you like about the title classic banana bag? What have you other guys thought of this bag?

I've been planning a set up like this also. Great to actually see photos of what you guys have done.

Umm, there are two seams on the bag. 180 degrees apart. Those feel like little strips of pain when you catch your foot on them. I realize you want shin contact but that does not always happen. It started to settle fairly quickly so the bottom was alot harder. I actually didn't mind that but the top just got too soft. I live in the NW so it is cold 80% of the time in the garage, the fake leather would sting like hell, not to mention if you caught one of those side seams. But you get what you pay for and it is only like 140-150 shipped which is really cheap. I do recommend just saving for a better one if price is an issue, you will be much happier in the long run.

Back