Titanic Discovery Was A Front For A US Navy Operation

Shoemaker

****INSIDIOUS****
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://gizmodo.com/report-discovery-of-the-titanic-was-part-of-a-conspira-1831096702

Robert Ballard, the oceanographer who led the American team that found the Titanic, is finally allowed to tell the newly-declassified story of what really happened in 1985. Speaking with CBS News, he explained that he had already executed several top secret missions for the Navy when he found himself building an underwater vehicle in 1982. Unable to secure a science grant for the Titanic exhibition, Ballard got the idea of asking the Navy to pay for it.

He approached Deputy Chief of Naval Operations Ronald Thunman and explained that it was his lifelong dream to find the Titanic and was curious if the military department could find a way to make that happen. Thunman apparently thought Ballard was crazy but agreed to the plan as long as Ballard did something for the Navy first. The military wanted to explore two nuclear submarines that had gone missing in the 1960s. It was the height of the Cold War and the military did not want the Russians or other adversaries stumbling upon the USS Thresher and the USS Scorpion.

“We knew where the subs were,” Ballard told CNN. “What they wanted me to do was go back and not have the Russians follow me, because we were interested in the nuclear weapons that were on the Scorpion and also what the nuclear reactors (were) doing to the environment.”

The plan was to hide the mission in plain sight. The press would only be told about the hunt for the Titanic and no adversaries would be suspicious of the team’s activities. Ballard was primarily tasked with exploring the USS Scorpion and when that mission was accomplished he moved on to his own personal goal with 12 days left on the clock. “I learned something from mapping the Scorpion that taught me how to find the Titanic: look for its trail of debris,” he told CBS.

The team found the wreckage eight days later and its initial celebrations quickly turned sober as the understanding set in that they were looking at the grave site for 1,500 people. They returned home as heroes and had to maintain their cover story. After the discovery was announced, a Navy spokesperson told the New York Times that the military only funded the project because it was interested in the testing of new underwater equipment.

Did a search and didn't see a thread on this. I thought it was fascinating and wanted to share.

tl;dr The Navy funded the operation in order to search the wreckage of two nuclear submarines, but didn't want the Soviets to know. So they fronted the operation as a search for the Titanic - the subs were found and so was the famously lost ship.

I’m sure we’ll get more titanic conspiracies itt as titanic threads often do.

But let me just get this out of my system okay.

TITANIC IS THE GREATEST FILM OF ALL TIME. ABSOLUTE PERFECTION. CLASSIC CINEMATIC MASTERPIECE.

ALL HAIL CELINE DION.

The navy goes that far for James Cameron?

Are you kidding? They genetically engineered a new species of fish and falsified all of the marine biology textbooks just so he could make Piranha 2.

Are you kidding? They genetically engineered a new species of fish and falsified all of the marine biology textbooks just so he could make Piranha 2.
I'm scared to ask...

Is Skynet real?

Here's to the United States of America, the greatest country on Earth. Winning the cold war was a delightful tribute to how awesome we are.

I saw a television program on this several years ago. I wonder why it's in the news again.

I have seen the videos on the theory the titanic was the largest insurance job, with its sister ship being almost identical.

Maybe because that one phuckstick is making another nearly identical Titanic 2 which is supposedly going to be making its maiden voyage soon?

I saw a television program on this several years ago. I wonder why it's in the news again.

Back