Tips to beat after-work fatigue?

Avraham

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I work a medium-physical, medium-mental demanding job and then have a tiring commute to and from work.

I get home, down my Beta Alanine and OJ, and wait 20 minutes to train but sometimes, it takes me 40 minutes to get up because I am that fking tired.

How do you push past being tired and just do it?

I have 3 strategies

- caffeine
- workout in the mornings
- open a can-O-man and suck it the fuck up.

Similar to Kill kill.

For me it's coffee and habit that's helps me push through.

Coffee dosent work for me, I'd be awake all night. I usually just suck it up and get it done when I feel like that.

I have 3 strategies

- caffeine
- workout in the mornings
- open a can-O-man and suck it the fuck up.

Option 3 here for me. I am a manual laborer and I workout in the evenings 7pm onwards.

You start by standing up, then you change clothes if needed and walk to your garage. Put music on and lift to a strategic goal.

My biggest issue is injury. I have patella tendinitis and that has ruined my motivation.

Once I get out and get warmed up, I always feel better. I know that so it's my motivation. I do lift at home though, so it's a bit easier for me as I don't have to get the motivation to hop in the car and drive somewhere.

Once I get out and get warmed up, I always feel better. I know that so it's my motivation. I do lift at home though, so it's a bit easier for me as I don't have to get the motivation to hop in the car and drive somewhere.

Same here. Lifting at home makes a massive difference for me.

How long is your lunch break? Can you sneak in a nap? 10-15 minutes does wonders to recharge the batteries.

If I took a 10-15 minute nap, I'd wake up mad as hell.

Sex brings out your inner force. Use it.

Find yourself a preworkout that doesn't overcharge you but gets you off your ass. This is entirely dependant upon your caffeine tolerance. For me, 250mg is the sweet spot, anything over 300 and I'm a lunatic up all night.

Get to bed on time
Make your cardio better if it is lacking. That alone may help if it is a weakness.

Sometimes your job is stressful and exhausting and it takes a lot out of you. So you have to find ways to adjust. That allows you to handle and balance things out more effectively.

I work a medium-physical, medium-mental demanding job and then have a tiring commute to and from work.

I get home, down my Beta Alanine and OJ, and wait 20 minutes to train but sometimes, it takes me 40 minutes to get up because I am that fking tired.

How do you push past being tired and just do it?

a shower always wakes me up

I just saw your thread in the diet subforum. Maybe it's just your diet?

I wait for someone to irritate the crap out of me at the gym. That usually wakes me up.

Eat more/better

Sleep more/better

Take my PWO earlier

Eat more/better

Sleep more/better

Take my PWO earlier

That post is like some kind of poem or something from name to finish. Post of the year IMO.

That post is like some kind of poem or something from name to finish. Post of the year IMO.
Hope that didnt come off like a dick, its just the brutal truth.

Every athlete, gym rat, and average joe have the same struggles. Motivation, diet, fatigue, etc.

Outside of the basics its just putting in some hard ass work for your goals.

Back