Tips for New Fighters Starting Out

This is a very good read Josh, like all of your other threads, we're all appreciative of you putting in the hours to making these, hats off to you man.

Shin guards are good for sparring just to avoid shin on shin or shin on elbow. You should always be sparring with shin guards but at the end of the day they won't help that much. I guarantee I can kick you hard enough with shin guards to drop you, even with a leg kick.

Things like shin guards and headgear is great to work with, but at the same time it also gives a false sense of security in my opinion. I notice that guys always spar with headgear they seem to have a more sloppy defence.
JH

Good insight there too man.

This website is really good. While Using this website we feel great. it is one of the simple and useful website.

I liked this article alot, it taught me alot and helped pointed out some things that I'll have to remember.

out of curiosity, how long before a fight should you get your medicals done/apply for a license to fight if you are pro?

and also (i am planning my first fight this summer or fall so i'm a noob lol) how long should you warm up before the fight? (times of doing striking, grappling, push-ups etc...).

Honestly I think you are right with the wrestling but i'd like to add this to what you already said. Wrestling is FREE you can train wrestling for 16 years and never have to pay a dime! Its literally the best value training in the business. Also in comparison to training Boxing/BJJ/Muay Thai its really safe! Wrestle on!

I will get on these questions later on tonight or tomorrow during the afternoon.

keep it up!

you can also post questions to my twitter, joshGBOYharley

This is a very good read Josh, like all of your other threads, we're all appreciative of you putting in the hours to making these, hats off to you man.

Good insight there too man.

cheers. As long as I get feedback I will keep writing threads. I enjoy interacting and putting the time in.

and also (i am planning my first fight this summer or fall so i'm a noob lol) how long should you warm up before the fight? (times of doing striking, grappling, push-ups etc...).

Depends on your body and how you react to excercise. I was the main event my last fight and I got my hands taped as soon as the card started and stayed loose the entire event. I started warming up hard at intermission, taking rests in between.

I think I cover it in my original post in this thread. You do want to warm up hard, hard enough that you get past the lactic acid burn.

Depends on your body and how you react to excercise. I was the main event my last fight and I got my hands taped as soon as the card started and stayed loose the entire event. I started warming up hard at intermission, taking rests in between.

I think I cover it in my original post in this thread. You do want to warm up hard, hard enough that you get past the lactic acid burn.

oh okay, thanks, and also my previous question asked how long before a fight you should get your medicals done. how long should you do that?

oh okay, thanks, and also my previous question asked how long before a fight you should get your medicals done. how long should you do that?

they are good for 6 months - 1 year in a lot of places. I have no idea what it is in your area.

I just get them done once a year or once every 6 months. Find out how long they last in your area.

Back