Tips for competition

finalboss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've only competed once and that was last year. Competing this saturday gi and nogi, so I'm just looking for any tips like prepping, in fight tips, etc. Thanks in advance.

1. Get a good night’s sleep
2. Do a real good warm-up before your first match. Make sure to blow your lungs and get a sweat going. This will keep you from gassing and getting an adrenaline dump.
3. Play your game
4. Have FUN
5. Have FUN

Take tainted supplements.

3. Play your game

I would say this is the biggest thing. I competed recently (in judo) for the first time in years and was getting pretty overwhelmed with nerves. I lost my first fight and was thinking that I was going to mess the whole thing up. However, I realised I was trying to fight differently to how I normally do. I then started to play my normal game and won all but one of my remaining fights.

I know it's easier said than done, but just relax and do your thing. That's what you've been working on all these years so stick with it and live or die by your own sword.

Last edited:
I've only competed once and that was last year. Competing this saturday gi and nogi, so I'm just looking for any tips like prepping, in fight tips, etc. Thanks in advance.

Nabbjf Orange County open?

Steal your opponent's belt and wash it. They will be so disgraced that they'd have to leave the venue to dip it in mud so it looks legit.

Back