Timing Drills

Towel88

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Anybody have some good partner or even solo drills they could share to build one's timing??

Double end bag helps i find because you can work head movment, delayed coubters and even circling. With a partner you can literally just go round for round one person engages and one only counters (preemptive, simultanious and delayed counters). GGG does this thing where he hits a small aquabag as it swings towards him to really get the feel and timing for his overhand and i think thats helped with the timing of my cross. The main thing id say is watch some fights and try to watch each foghters rhythm. Rhythm can be used to time your shots correctly bernard hopkins has a genious mind about this

parter: dutch drills

solo: double end bag, speed bag, light punching bag that moves alot

i have seen this video of bernard hopkins before. is there any video of him, or anyone else, using the R hand like he was saying in this clip. He saying to throw it without setting basically. would like to see some clips of him doing it.

i have seen this video of bernard hopkins before. is there any video of him, or anyone else, using the R hand like he was saying in this clip. He saying to throw it without setting basically. would like to see some clips of him doing it.

At around 1:50 he says he can throw lead rights because he knows the distance and uses his opponents "momentum" to judge timing. I use it in sparring. If you play with the rhythm and lul your partner into a slow rhythm you can expode with the straight right

what it seemed like he was saying to me, was to just throw the R hand without setting/planting first. to just throw it while your moving rather than positioning/planting first. I can "feel" it, but actually doing it is kinda difficult

what it seemed like he was saying to me, was to just throw the R hand without setting/planting first. to just throw it while your moving rather than positioning/planting first. I can "feel" it, but actually doing it is kinda difficult

Exactly that.When you set or plant to throw it it becomes too telegraphed leading to the guy seeing it and him only getting "wobbldy wobbled" but that right that catches him by suprise, the one he doesnt see is the one thatll put him out. It isnt used too often which is why it catches guys by suprise.

Just like Hopkins was saying buddy when you "feel" it just throw. Work with someone who will work at your speed first but just practice feeling the distance, your partners rhythm and throwing the right like a quick jab. The faster the better in regards to it not being seen by the other guy

Exactly that.When you set or plant to throw it it becomes too telegraphed leading to the guy seeing it and him only getting "wobbldy wobbled" but that right that catches him by suprise, the one he doesnt see is the one thatll put him out. It isnt used too often which is why it catches guys by suprise.

Just like Hopkins was saying buddy when you "feel" it just throw. Work with someone who will work at your speed first but just practice feeling the distance, your partners rhythm and throwing the right like a quick jab. The faster the better in regards to it not being seen by the other guy

lol yes its just easier said than done.

dont think........feel.

When the opponent expands, I contract and when he contracts, I expand and when there is an opportunity, "I" do not hit, "it" hits all by itself.

"Way of the intercepting fist" has a lot of good techniques and philosophies in it

When the opponent expands, I contract and when he contracts, I expand and when there is an opportunity, "I" do not hit, "it" hits all by itself.

"Way of the intercepting fist" has a lot of good techniques and philosophies in it
That's a fancy way of saying

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Pff what a can letting his opponent dictate the pace of the fight all three judges score it 29-28 superior octagon control.

Back