Times you've clapped in theater?

Myfuture self has clapped and cheered during the Infinity war movie.

That's not a thing in Switzerland...never saw a single person clap after a movie.

I laughed out loud a few times. Half Baked and Howard Stern's Private Parts had scenes that cracked me up. Being drunk helped.

I think the theater clapped for Batman with Michael Keaton. That place was packed.

i've never clapped in a theater, but i did clap with everyone else at the end of a flight three weeks after 9/11, after the pilot spoke over the loudspeaker thanking us for having trust in him and their airline. i was legitimately relieved to have made it from s.f. to d.c.

That happened for a while after 9/11. They were clapping every time we landed, and I'll be honest, I didn't mind hearing that. I hate flying and I was on a plane once a month.

That's worth the clap

Lol.. her decrepit old husband, Michael Douglas, got throat cancer and blamed it on eating pussy.

giphy.gif

I had some fireball in my drink during Wanted so the end made me jump up with a hard clap and a "Fuck Yeah!" that my friends still give me shit over to this day.

Dark Knight got a standing O with three slow claps out of me and I left the theater wondering how I could somehow style myself after an animal, wear a cape and save people without it being completely fucking absurd.

Scrooged made me forever enjoy Christmas despite my lack of religion and I'm pretty sure my younger self may have got as teary-eyed as Bill Murray did during that end speech. Still gets me.

at the end of dark knight, i recall a bunch of ppl standing up and clapping during the credits. I was just thinking, "the actors can't hear you, they're not really there.. it's just a machine projecting images"
That’s absolutely fucked.

Let me fair here. If it's an emotional, spur of the moment clap, like "Yeah! Fuck yeah!!" *hard clap*, and it's kept to a two clap minimum, it's okay.

However, if you're clapping like it's an ovation for the cast and crew, it's fucking stupid, because you're applauding a screen, and nobody will ever feel your appreciation. The guy running the projector may as well take a bow.
Yah, nobody in the history of film has ever applauded filmmakers who aren't there (unless it's a premiere and nobody from the production showed up), that's just a stupid lack of understanding on your part.

clapping for everything is so American. we don't do it in Europe that much.

The only time I recall clapping along with an audience watching a movie was when Darth Vader picks up and throws the Emperor into the pit. The whole theater stood and applauded wildly, because the drama was perfectly built up to that moment of decision.
can't believe they added Darth Vader saying "no" in one of the new edits. the silence of Vader was what made that scene stronger. we can see him struggling we don't need to hear it.

Yah, nobody in the history of film has ever applauded filmmakers who aren't there

Sorry, the local cineplex is not the Academy Awards.

that's just a stupid lack of understanding on your part.

The lack of understanding is coming from you not grasping how dumb it is to applaud a screen.

can't believe they added Darth Vader saying "no" in one of the new edits. the silence of Vader was what made that scene stronger. we can see him struggling we don't need to hear it.
Lucas fucked up the prequels in a lot of ways.

"Compare this fecal matter to the opening shot of ANH. Empire, rebels. We get a sense of how big and powerful the Empire is, and how small and ill equipped the Rebellion is. The low angle implies dominance, while the length of the star destroyer implies the long reach of the Empire. All without saying one word of boring political dialogue. In fact, this shot is so genius, I have a feeling Lucas hated it and fought against its inclusion in the film... "

Sorry, the local cineplex is not the Academy Awards.

The lack of understanding is coming from you not grasping how dumb it is to applaud a screen.
Okay, you win.
Can you please shut the fuck up and leave the thread please since you have nothing to contribute but being a little bitch?

I only remember clapping after Hills Have Eyes, Dark Knight, and maybe Blood Diamond. But Hills Have Eyes was the first of the shock horror type movies, that I can remember. I might have been the only one clapping in a full theater, but what are u gonna do..

Big explosions in the theater that I can remember though:

"Welcome to Earth" - Independence Day

Joker's pencil trick - Dark Knight

That penguin singing at the end of Toy Story 2
The last 20 minutes of Hills Have Eyes when the sissy main character loads up on weapons and goes apeshit on the mutants is one of the most fun theatre experiences I've ever had. The whole theatre was cheering as they got wrecked

I remember the theatre popped like crazy for this in TDK
rfptamqtlvcgwkexjrsz.gif

When Rommily tells Anne Hathaway and McConaughey that they've been gone in the time warp for 23 years during Interstellar every person in the theatre gasped then dead silence like we were all adding up how old is daughter is now

The last 20 minutes of Hills Have Eyes when the sissy main character loads up on weapons and goes apeshit on the mutants is one of the most fun theatre experiences I've ever had. The whole theatre was cheering as they got wrecked

I remember the theatre popped like crazy for this in TDK
rfptamqtlvcgwkexjrsz.gif

When Rommily tells Anne Hathaway and McConaughey that they've been gone in the time warp for 23 years during Interstellar every person in the theatre gasped then dead silence like we were all adding up how old is daughter is now
Interstellar, ugh.
I cringed through the whole thing

Lucas fucked up the prequels in a lot of ways.

"Compare this fecal matter to the opening shot of ANH. Empire, rebels. We get a sense of how big and powerful the Empire is, and how small and ill equipped the Rebellion is. The low angle implies dominance, while the length of the star destroyer implies the long reach of the Empire. All without saying one word of boring political dialogue. In fact, this shot is so genius, I have a feeling Lucas hated it and fought against its inclusion in the film... "
Have you seen the scene I'm talking about? It's the same, where Darth Vader throws the emperor in the pit but he's saying "no...no..." beforehand. Terrible.

Interstellar, ugh.
I cringed through the whole thing
Hathaway pulled me out of every scene. She was absolutely awful, especially her speech about love traveling across dimensions or some shit. It was atrocious.

I really liked McConaughey though and imo it was Hans Zimmer's best score. The docking scene had me on edge all the way through. Overall I really liked it

Back